Bogie56

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

68,199 posts in this topic

5c8839a03672e.image.jpg?resize=400,267

Neal Katyal who helped write the new special counsel regulations has said the rule of not indicting a sitting president should not apply when it comes to crimes committed to attain the office which the Stormy Daniels payoffs were part of - and which Michael Cohen is now in prison for.

It would be like giving back disqualified runner Ben Johnson his Olympic medal.  Yes he used illegal steroids but because he came first he cannot be held accountable.

And yes Congress should investigate to see if Trump was excluded from prosecution on the grounds that he was the sitting president and to see if Barr shut down the investigation.  That should be easy and not necessarily have anything to do with impeachment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

:rolleyes:

Swedish PM warns Trump

rapper ASAP Rocky won't get special treatment

Prime Minister Stefan Lofven's comments on Saturday came after the intervention of celebrities including Kanye West and Justin Bieber.

Donald J. TrumpVerified account @realDonaldTrump

Just spoke to @KanyeWest about his friend A$AP Rocky’s incarceration. I will be calling the very talented Prime Minister of Sweden to see what we can do about helping A$AP Rocky. So many people would like to see this quickly resolved!

1:01 PM - 19 Jul 2019
============================

But Lofven said while he would welcome a conversation with Trump, it was not his place to sway the prosecutors or courts.

......."I will explain that the Swedish judicial system is independent," he said of a possible call with the president. "In Sweden, everyone is equal before the law, and this includes visitors from other countries."

Prosecutors announced Friday that Rocky will remain in jail while police finish their investigation into a fight in downtown Stockholm...

30 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

Virginia Democrats vow to boycott event if Trump attends, invoke 'send her back' chants

"Democrats in Virginia's state legislature are vowing to boycott a ceremony in Jamestown later this month celebrating the 400th anniversary of representative government in the country if President Trump attends the event.

The leaders of the Virginia House and Senate Democratic caucuses issued a statement Friday night slamming Trump and maintaining they may not note show up amid reports that the president was expected to attend the commemorative session.

"We will not be attending any part of the commemorative session where Donald Trump is in attendance. The current President does not represent the values that we would celebrate at the 400th anniversary of the oldest democratic body in the western world," the Democrats said.

“We offer just three words of advice  to the Jamestown-Yorktown Foundation:

‘*Send Him Back,’” added the statement .......

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/454000-virginia-democrats-vow-to-boycott-event-if-trump-attends-invoke-send-her

* Send trump back to Germany?

-- That's where his paternal grandfather came from.

And when Mr drumpf wanted to go back to Germany,

the Germans sent him back to the United States because he had not fulfilled his military requirements! Does that sound familiar?

** Send trump back to Scotland?

Mary-anne MacLeod, trump's mother came to the United States from Scotland in 1930 to be a domestic servant.

Today trump owns a golf Club / hotel resort in Scotland and has angered the Scottish by not respecting their traditions. So I don't think he'd be welcome in his mother's Homeland.

If we had to send trump back somewhere, he may have to seek some kind of political Asylum to find some country which would take him.( I wouldn't suggest France, Germany, the United Kingdom, Canada or Mexico. LOL)

And that might take him a long time considering how long he could be locked in a cage waiting for it.

Probably trump's best bet would be to go back to his wife's home country, Slovenia.

Melanija Knavs, trump's 3rd wife,  would be welcomed there because they even erected a statue in honor of her.

But trump might not like it there because he's made some comments about ****hole countries and Slovenia maybe one of those kind of places.

But if all else fails, trump can always count on his buddy Putin to take him in and house him at the Kremlin.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

:lol:

The HillVerified account @thehill 27m27 minutes ago

"Discrimination is not tolerated in Texas."

Yesterday, Texas Gov. Greg Abbott held a ceremony touting his signing of the “Save Chick-fil-A” bill.

http://hill.cm/xtbgwT0

What is sad is the large number of folks that will not see any irony here.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Trump Seizes On Soggy Paper Straws As Campaign Issue: 'Make Straws Great Again'

"........His reelection campaign is selling reusable and recycled straws in its 2020 online store, and Trump campaign manager Brad Parscale blasted the slurping nonsoggy alternative in an email titled "Make Straws Great Again," a play on the president's famed slogan.

"I'm so over paper straws, and I'm sure you are too. Much like most liberal ideas, paper straws don't work and they fall apart instantly. That's why we just launched our latest product - Official Trump Straws,"

.....Many environmental groups have been pushing for alternatives to plastic disposable straws, which gained traction in the wake of a video showing a sea turtle with a plastic straw stuck up its nose. However, the paper alternatives that many restaurants have begun using often quickly become mushy and unusable as the liquid permeates them. There are nonpaper, nonplastic alternatives that are slowly gaining steam, including hay straws, bamboo straws, reusable metal straws or glass straws, or restaurants can encourage patrons not to use straws, as Starbucks has with new lids.

This is hardly the first time Trump has tried transform such an issue into a partisan wedge.....

and has especially taken glee time and time again in mocking environmental initiatives, such as the Green New Deal.

He has also cast doubt on the reality of climate change.

And it could also be his way of trying to distract from yet another rough week politically in the wake of his racist attacks on four Democratic freshmen congresswomen of color. ........

https://www.npr.org/2019/07/19/743683131/trump-seizes-on-soggy-paper-straws-as-campaign-issue-make-straws-great-again?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Fact check: Trump says Rep. Omar 'proud' of al Qaeda

There is no evidence that Omar has said the terrorist group responsible for the 9/11 attacks makes her proud.

..... There is no evidence that Omar has said the terrorist group responsible for the 9/11 attacks makes her proud, and fact checkers have searched high and low for proof. Conservative outlets have pointed to a 2013 interview Omar gave in which she condemned terrorism broadly but argued that Muslim communities should not be blamed for the acts of radicalized individuals,

but nowhere in the interview does she express support for terrorists.......

... She continued: "I do not expect every time there is a white supremacist who attacks, or there is a white man who kills in a school or in a movie theater or in a mosque or in a synagogue, I don’t expect my white community members to respond on whether they love that person or not. And so I think it is beyond time … to ask Muslims to condemn terrorists.” .......

Trump also claimed “Rep. Omar blamed the United States for the terrorist attacks on our country, saying that terrorism is a reaction to our involvement in other people's affairs."

This too is a mischaracterization of the 2013 PBS interview, in which she and host Ahmet Tharwat mused that radicalization and terrorism are a reaction to war and invasion. American involvement in "other countries' affairs," Omar asserted, fuels radicalization. The conversation was a broader discussion on terrorism, and the remark is hardly a statement of blame......

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/fact-check-trump-says-rep-omar-proud-al-qaeda-n1031446?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

More Twump BS

• Like 3

3 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

What is sad is the large number of folks that will not see any irony here.  

Oh, those poor Schwanzschwulens! :lol: I'm sure they'll find a way to power through this.

Another excellent column by Cokie and Steve Roberts.  Basically his attacks on the four Democrat Congresswomen is intentional, planned and well thought out (for him) by Trump.  It replicates his tactics from the 2016 election which won him the presidency.  He is appealing to the "aging white men who lack a college education."  The very ones who voted for him in 2016 in the swing states than swung the election.

The Dems are taking a risk by defending the "Squad," but it is one they must take.  The risk is that Trump is using the Squad to represent all Dems and tying them to the far left agenda of them and other far left Dems (Sanders, Warren, Harris, et. al.).

The Dems "must energize minority voters, particularly young ones, while not alienating moderates - especially in the critical Midwestern states that gave Trump his victory."  These voters will be "pivotal again next year."  

If the Squad does not "cool their jets and curb their egos,"they will hand Trump a second term.  IMO, they will also hand other Republicans in Senate, House and State governments victories.

https://www.cleburnetimesreview.com/opinion/steve-cokie-roberts-responding-to-trump-s-racism/article_0bc26e54-a99e-11e9-8d4b-b37463ae60b9.html

• Sad 1

54 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

how? with trans-astronaut bathrooms?

I don’t think you can stand at a urinal is space and take care of business.  So the restrooms must be for everybody.

why you think spewing divisive rhetoric over gender identification is an appropriate response to a climate change comment is beyond me, unless you have read scientific papers of fish and amphibians spontaneously changing sex, due to environmental stress factors.   Somehow I don’t think so.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Arturo said:

I don’t think you can stand at a urinal is space and take care of business.  So the restrooms must be for everybody.

why you think spewing divisive rhetoric over gender identification is an appropriate response to a climate change comment is beyond me, unless you have read scientific papers of fish and amphibians spontaneously changing sex, due to environmental stress factors.   Somehow I don’t think so.

It's now every opportunity to make a racist or homophobic comment, I'm afraid.  And I see the dehumanizing campaign against Omar is in full swing with the fake news that she married her own brother.

• Sad 1

CNN PoliticsVerified account @CNNPolitics

Rep. Katie Porter isn't part of “The Squad.”

But the freshman House Democrat is stirring up trouble for President Trump

she's emerged as a viral star when it comes to how banks and the government treat the working poor and puncturing Trump's claims about the economy.
She's carving out a Warren-esque role for herself that's included asking top officials do basic math under oath.

Her targets so far have included major Wall Street players like JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon, Equifax CEO Mark Begor and now-former Wells Fargo CEO Tim Sloan.

https://cnn.it/32Bej3H 

EAAfvqfXUAA3rgt.jpg
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

Fox News host Chris Wallace tells Stephen Miller: 'No question' Trump is 'stoking racial divisions'

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/07/21/chris-wallace-stephen-miller-trump-racism/1790299001/

<_<

NewsweekVerified account @Newsweek 12m12 minutes ago

The White House's Stephen Miller claims Trump's criticism of Obama was done "out of love" for U.S.,

but that the Squad's criticism of Trump is "anti-American"

<_<

• Haha 3

WI Town residents claim Trump’s FoxConn factory deal failed them

President Trump announced the plan to build a $10 billion manufacturing hub two years ago, creating 13,000 blue collar jobs -- and in return, securing FoxConn more than $4 billion in tax breaks from the state of Wisconsin. But to make the plant possible, Mt. Pleasant had to borrow money to buy up land -- and now the town’s credit rating has been downgraded.

https://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/video/town-residents-claim-trump-s-foxconn-factory-deal-failed-them-64256069525

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

It's now every opportunity to make a racist or homophobic comment, I'm afraid.  And I see the dehumanizing campaign against Omar is in full swing with the fake news that she married her own brother.

she did!

:D

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, mr6666 said:

CNN PoliticsVerified account @CNNPolitics

Rep. Katie Porter isn't part of “The Squad.”

But the freshman House Democrat is stirring up trouble for President Trump

she's emerged as a viral star when it comes to how banks and the government treat the working poor and puncturing Trump's claims about the economy.
She's carving out a Warren-esque role for herself that's included asking top officials do basic math under oath.

Her targets so far have included major Wall Street players like JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon, Equifax CEO Mark Begor and now-former Wells Fargo CEO Tim Sloan.

https://cnn.it/32Bej3H 

EAAfvqfXUAA3rgt.jpg

she looks like Bernard cribbins' girl scout leader girlfriend from 'don't raise the bridge, lower the river'.

Trump is possibly going to agree to a deal on the budget that is objected to by conservatives.  Military spending would increase, but so would other spending.  Naturally the deficit and debt limit would rise.  Apparently Trump does not want to get into a fight to lower the deficit until he wins reelection in 2020.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2019/07/22/emerging-budget-deal-likely-include-few-or-no-actual-spending-cuts-while-lifting-debt-limit-two-years/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.e9ee113530ad&wpisrc=nl_sb_smartbrief

Someone told me that Trump just boasted to the leader of Pakistan that Puerto Ricans love him because he brought the Miss Universe Beauty Pageant to the Island.  

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, TheCid said:

Trump is possibly going to agree to a deal on the budget that is objected to by conservatives.  Military spending would increase, but so would other spending.  Naturally the deficit and debt limit would rise.  Apparently Trump does not want to get into a fight to lower the deficit until he wins reelection in 2020.

Sounds like a wise strategy for Trump; Dems can't make gains with the message that the deficit and debt are major issues.    Yea,  some GOP House members and Senators will complain and even vote against the budget but MSM coverage on that will be light.    Also,  what these conservatives want is massive cuts to anything but military spending (verses raising taxes to address the debt),  and that isn't good messaging with an upcoming election year (and thus not something Trump is going to support).

If Trump wins than the GOP can push those massive spending cuts.

• Thanks 1