Bogie56

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

68,869 posts in this topic

Denmark is a very special country with incredible people,

but based on Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen’s comments, that she would have no interest in discussing the purchase of Greenland, I will be postponing our meeting scheduled in two weeks for another time....
=================================

Wow. Trump (now) says he wants Russia back in G8,

rewrites history by saying Russia was expelled because Putin "outsmarted" Obama.

(In fact, Russia was expelled because of the illegal invasion of Ukraine.)

:rolleyes:
=====================================

@realDonaldTrump, could you please try to pace yourself?

Could you try limiting yourself to embarrassing the nation, say, just once a day

instead of doing it every couple of hours?

:lol:  :lol:

• Haha 4

The weakling President Trump caves on his pledge for meaningful background checks for gun purchases.  Surprising it took as long as two weeks to happen.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

The weakling President Trump caves on his pledge for meaningful background checks for gun purchases.  Surprising it took as long as two weeks to happen.

CNN reported this as 'sad' news but should have reported it as great news.  

According to the guest host 90% of Americans support stronger more 'meaningful' background checks.

90%.  

If that stat is even close to be factual,  it should help lead to the defeat of Trump.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

According to the guest host 90% of Americans support stronger more 'meaningful' background checks.

90%.  

If that stat is even close to be factual,  it should help lead to the defeat of Trump.

That is the good news part of the saga but doing nothing about guns is just going to lead to more mass murders.  The cause isn't video games and as we saw in Dayton - the police were right there - and in El Paso with open carry - still lots of people were killed.  More guns didn't prevent these tragedies.

Too bad things have to sink to the utter bottom before we see progress.

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

90%.  

Wish I could share your optimism.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

He's moved on..........on to the next mass shooting.

• Sad 1

54 minutes ago, TheCid said:

Wish I could share your optimism.

I said 'should'.     I believe we have the same level of optimism as it relates to polling data on gun-control leading to meaningful gun-control laws,  as well as defeating GOP politicians (Trump, McConnell etc...),  that don't support them;   little to none.

I should have been more clear in my comment since it was meant to reflect the doom and gloom of Anderson and his guest host.     She mentioned this 90% more than once.    90% is a vast majority.    90% has to include a very high percentage of independents and republicans.      So why can't that lead to change?   This is a rhetorical question that we have covered before;  mostly that gun-advocates and NRA supporters are single-issue voters.

I was disappointed that Anderson and the host didn't explore the above political reality.   Instead most of the discussion was just being sad about Trump changing his tune.   Even according to Anderson that isn't really news since Anderson said, more than once,  that Trump had done this after Parkland,  as well as flopping on a host of other issues.   

So we end up with typical CNN news coverage in the Trump era;  

1) Trump did this????

2) unbelievable!!!

3) oh wait,  he has done something similar hundreds of times in the past

(so why CNN do you 'frame' this news as unbelievable????).  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I tend to watch MSNBC and CNN less and less.  They spend far too much time discussing the same things they have discussed for the past 2-3 years.  They act surprised when Trump, his appointees or other GOPers say or do something stupid, controversial or contradictory to what they have said before.

As for a 90% poll result, that is hard to believe in America.  90% of people agreed on something?  That is unbelievable. You might get 90% to say we should do something about gun violence, but then when get to specifics, it falls apart.  Americans can agree on fixing a lot of things (education, roads, curing cancer, etc.), but then they cannot agree on how to do it - or pay for it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

doan give me that weakling BS. Obama drew a red line and chickened out when he was called on it.

that's true weakness.

• Haha 1

Don’t make me laugh.  Donald Trump looks and acts like a bowl of mush.  He has no core convictions other than to enrich himself, and he has no idea what he is doing in his current job.  So he is easily swayed by the last person he hears, and can be led around like the ring on a bull’s nose.  Although the guy is more ox than bull, except that he can’t be counted to work much, and for what comes out of his mouth.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Arturo said:

Don’t make me laugh.  Donald Trump looks and acts like a bowl of mush.  He has no core convictions other than to enrich himself, and he has no idea what he is doing in his current job.  So he is easily swayed by the last person he hears, and can be led around like the ring on a bull’s nose.  Although the guy is more ox than bull, except that he can’t be counted to work much, and for what comes out of his mouth.

Haven't you heard? He's the "king of Israel".

Trump touts quote calling him 'second coming of God' to Jews in Israel

A day after saying that American Jews who vote for Democrats show “great disloyalty,” President Trump on Wednesday repeated a claim by a supporter that he is beloved by Israeli Jews “like a king” or "the second coming of God."

Trump shared on Twitter quotes from Newsmax TV's Wayne Allyn Root, who declared him the greatest president for Jews and Israel “in the history of the world.”

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-second-coming-of-god-to-jews-israel-135407584.html;_ylt=AwrJ61l8hF1dlCAAoGVXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTByMjB0aG5zBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzYw--

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, TheCid said:

I tend to watch MSNBC and CNN less and less.  They spend far too much time discussing the same things they have discussed for the past 2-3 years.  They act surprised when Trump, his appointees or other GOPers say or do something stupid, controversial or contradictory to what they have said before.

As for a 90% poll result, that is hard to believe in America.  90% of people agreed on something?  That is unbelievable. You might get 90% to say we should do something about gun violence, but then when get to specifics, it falls apart.  Americans can agree on fixing a lot of things (education, roads, curing cancer, etc.), but then they cannot agree on how to do it - or pay for it.

It was my understanding the question was: do you support mandatory background checks for all gun purchases.

I know I do,  and can't understand why anyone wouldn't.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LawrenceA said:

A day after saying that American Jews who vote for Democrats show “great disloyalty,” President Trump on Wednesday repeated a claim by a supporter that he is beloved by Israeli Jews “like a king” or "the second coming of God."

Trump shared on Twitter quotes from Newsmax TV's Wayne Allyn Root, who declared him the greatest president for Jews and Israel “in the history of the world.”

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-second-coming-of-god-to-jews-israel-135407584.html;_ylt=AwrJ61l8hF1dlCAAoGVXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTByMjB0aG5zBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzYw--

For this type of post,  this site needs an emoji that is a combination of sad and a laugh.    I picked the laugh one this time,  but the sad one also fits.

What I find so funny is the so called mythical 'second coming'  would cause more harm to Jews than Hitler!

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

Hahahahaha!!!  The guy is seriously mentally deranged.  Someone needs to apply the 25th Amendment, a net or a straitjacket.....but quick!  He has the code!!!

• Thanks 1

things need to happen before that.

1. four horseman of the apocalypse riding.

2. the Great Tribulation. (7 years)

• Haha 2

Trump Says He’s the ‘Chosen One’ to Take on China Over Trade

President Donald Trump said Wednesday that he’s the “chosen one” to wage a trade war with China and asserted that he’s winning.

“This is a trade war that should have taken place a long time ago,” Trump told reporters at the White House. He added: “Somebody had to do it. I am the chosen one.”

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump-says-chosen-one-china-165430430.html

Donald Trump says he's not considering tax cut package, just one day after saying he was

President Donald Trump said Wednesday he is not considering tax cuts to help stimulate the economy, just one day after saying his administration was looking at a temporary reduction in payroll taxes and other proposals amid fears of a recession.

“I’m not looking at a tax cut now,” Trump told reporters at the White House as he was leaving for an event in Louisville, Ky. “We don’t need it.”

Trump insisted the economy is doing “very, very well” despite warnings from private economists about the threat of a U.S. recession. He again attacked Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell for failing to go along with his demand for lower interest rates.

“The Federal Reserve has let us down,” he said.

https://news.yahoo.com/donald-trump-says-hes-not-165340622.html

• Haha 4

Just now, NipkowDisc said:

things need to happen before that.

1. four horseman of the apocalypse riding.

2. the Great Tribulation. (7 years)

You forgot pigs flying and the Browns winning the Super Bowl.

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

Uh,  you must not follow football;   Vegas has the Browns winning their division.

Thus I would say the Browns winning the Super Bowl is much more likely than the second coming.

Now if you had mentioned the AZ Cardinals,,,,,

Just now, jamesjazzguitar said:

Uh,  you must not follow football;   Vegas has the Browns winning their division.

Thus I would say the Browns winning the Super Bowl is much more likely than the second coming.

Now if you had mentioned the AZ Cardinals,,,,,

As usual, you misinterpret the wording of the original Greek transcription, which states that the Browns must win the Super Bowl AND that pigs must fly. Just one or the other, and the Big Man will stay home for another millennia.

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, mr6666 said:

BREAKING: President Trump tweets that he is "postponing" his upcoming meeting with Danish PM Mette Frederiksen

based on her comments "that she would have no interest in discussing the purchase of Greenland."

The US president has been expected to visit Denmark in early September.
------------------------
“Thankfully, the time where you buy and sell other countries and populations is over. Let’s leave it there.

Jokes aside, we will of course love to have an even closer strategic relationship with the United States,”

Frederiksen had previously said of idea of US buying Greenland.

:rolleyes:  :blink:

He wants a white nationalist homeland where he and all his followers can exodus to. Rename it Twumplandia.

Hey Nip, Jake, MM, et.al., start packing.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, LawrenceA said:

Uh, you must not follow Trump’s travels.  That pig regularly flies on Airforce 1.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2