Bogie56

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

68,902 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Don't ever criticize a Trump supporter for enabling him!  Instead spend all of your energy criticizing a Democrat if they are a tad too progressive!  Boy that will turn on any swing voter who was thinking that they might support a liberal agenda.

Very, very few (if any) swing voters in America vote progressive/liberal/leftist.  The problem with current crop of Democrats running for president is that they are too far (more than a tad) to the left for many of these voters.  That is how Trump and the GOPers won in 2016.

It is really not about criticizing Trump or not, but the reality of the American election process.  The Dems blew it in 2010, 2012 (except for Obama), 2014 and 2016.  Barely broke even in 2018 in reality -  GOP increased their control of the Senate.

Scumbags who vote for their fellow scumbag Trump don't like to be called scumbags.

Perfectly understandable. I like the line about the spending spree. Has this dope looked

at the deficit lately?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

That actually is an old idea. 

From NGC

To be fair, though, there was a time when scientists and government agencies were themselves seriously considering the nuclear option. In a speech delivered at the National Press Club on October 11, 1961, Francis W. Riechelderfer, the head of the U.S. Weather Bureau, said he could “imagine the possibility someday of exploding a nuclear bomb on a hurricane far at sea.” (Although, comfortingly, Riechelderfer added that the Weather Bureau would not begin acquiring its own nuclear arsenal “until we know what we’re doing.”)

Hurricanes are simply too powerful. Again man is no match against nature.
Not even if one could make a "clean" nuke.

12 hours ago, hamradio said:

That actually is an old idea. 

From NGC

To be fair, though, there was a time when scientists and government agencies were themselves seriously considering the nuclear option. In a speech delivered at the National Press Club on October 11, 1961, Francis W. Riechelderfer, the head of the U.S. Weather Bureau, said he could “imagine the possibility someday of exploding a nuclear bomb on a hurricane far at sea.” (Although, comfortingly, Riechelderfer added that the Weather Bureau would not begin acquiring its own nuclear arsenal “until we know what we’re doing.”)

Hurricanes are simply too powerful. Again man is no match against nature.
Not even if one could make a "clean" nuke.

"To Be Fair..." ?????????????????  You should have said other lunatics besides Trump.

Talk about the ultimate deflection.  This takes the cake!!!!!  

• Thanks 1

Now there's leadership on the world stage for you ....

ipanews_953a2345-2376-4938-b007-6f130c2d

Trump skips the G7 Climate Change meeting altogether while Brazil and the world head toward catastrophe.  But that is not the end of the story.  Trump claims he was in a meeting with the German chancellor and Indian Prime Minister - both of whom attended this G7 climate change meeting.

What an Orangutan!

• Haha 3

Possibly to calm market jitters before the Monday open, Trump claims that China telephoned him to ask to restart the trade negotiations.  China meanwhile says that this is not true.

Trump wouldn't be trying to deceive the American public, would he?  

• Haha 2

And the G7 hits keep on coming.

Individual One announced that he wishes the 2020 G7 to be held at one of his Florida properties.  Ca-ching$$$$$.

• Haha 3

On 8/23/2019 at 3:33 PM, Gershwin fan said:

I would never be able to live without meat. I once tried a vegetarian diet because I heard it was healthier and it didn't last long.

I was never a big meat eater, so it wasn't that hard for me. Plus I hate to cook, so that helped too! I do eat fish sometimes and I do eat dairy products regularly. I'm not a vegan. That would be TOO hard.

2 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

"To Be Fair..." ?????????????????  You should have said other lunatics besides Trump.

Talk about the ultimate deflection.  This takes the cake!!!!!  

That was quoted from NOAA.  It is NOT deflection since I'm replying to the topic of nuking a hurricane. Trump more likely read or heard about the idea without researching,  as stated it's a bad idea that won't work even if a clean device could be made.

Like to add if this was  possible, wouldn't be a good idea to tamper with nature.  Hurricanes are natures way of bringing temperature balance / equilibrium to the Earth's ecosystem, mainly the oceans.  If hurricanes could be  snuffed out, the oceans WILL overheat.  Hurricanes simply takes the heat and transfer it to wind energy - it (heat energy) has to go somewhere.

Hurricanes are a part of nature we have to live with.

VerticleSlicethruHurrwithLabels.jpg

1 hour ago, hamradio said:

That was quoted from NOAA.  It is NOT deflection since I'm replying to the topic of nuking a hurricane. Trump more likely read or heard about the idea without researching,  as stated it's a bad idea that won't work even if a clean device could be made.

Like to add if this was  possible, wouldn't be a good idea to tamper with nature.  Hurricanes are natures way of bringing temperature balance / equilibrium to the Earth's ecosystem, mainly the oceans.  If hurricanes could be  snuffed out, the oceans WILL overheat.  Hurricanes simply takes the heat and transfer it to wind energy - it (heat energy) has to go somewhere.

Hurricanes are a part of nature we have to live with.

VerticleSlicethruHurrwithLabels.jpg

That was 50 year old debunked science.  You would think that Donald Trump as world leader, would only make pronouncements with current information given to him.  It probably was, but he doesn’t pay attention to briefings.  So there is no justification or rationalization “to be fair” to a moronic lunatic who goes off half-cocked several times a day, either in Twitter or verbally.

• Thanks 1

The latest G7 cost 170 million dollars and a lot of that went to upgrading the property and for security at that venue.  Without tendering bids Trump has awarded the next G7 to one of his own properties which apparently is losing money and is sadly in need of an overhaul!  Looks like the G7 will be just the tonic needed.  Meanwhile Trump reminds everyone today that he is not going to be making any money from this and it is all about you (his sacrifice for you).  

• Haha 2

19 states sue over Trump’s rule change on migrant detention

Nineteen states sued on Monday over the Trump administration’s effort to alter a federal agreement that limits how long immigrant children can be kept in detention.

“We wish to protect children from irreparable harm,” California Attorney General Xavier Becerra said as he announced the lawsuit he is co-leading with Massachusetts Attorney General Maura Healey. Both are Democrats.

READ MORE: How detention causes long-term harm to children

A 1997 agreement known as the Flores settlement says immigrant children must be kept in the least restrictive setting and generally shouldn’t spend more than 20 days in detention.......

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/19-states-sue-over-trumps-rule-change-on-migrant-detention

• Thanks 1

trumppinocchio.png

"Whether I win or not, I have to do the right thing. I don't do things for political reasons."

55880a8a86ba54c263e08eeb55fb09cc.jpg

"WHAT!?! WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT?"

• Haha 2

"I'm an environmentalist"

- Donald J, Trump at the G7 press conference.  Put this in the top ten - though that is pretty crowded.

• Haha 2

BREAKING: Forbes Just Responded to Trump saying He is losing $3 to $5 billion dollars by being president.

"That’s absurd.......Trump is not losing $3 billion to $5 billion. His income isn’t anywhere near $3 billion."

:lol:
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

ceelo-trump.jpg

"I would like to thank the American farmers for their sacrifice.  They understand that we must beat those Chinese at any cost." - Donald J. Trump

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

ceelo-trump.jpg

"I would like to thank the American farmers for their sacrifice.  They understand that we must beat those Chinese at any cost." - Donald J. Trump

What the hell is that thing behind them? Do they have their own gold-plated Mexican wrestler on staff? Is it a robot? The world's worst statue? 

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

What the hell is that thing behind them? Do they have their own gold-plated Mexican wrestler on staff? Is it a robot? The world's worst statue? 

That is what robots look like when they are expecting.      Give her some time;  she just has to hit the lab after she gives birth.

• Haha 1

A Top Financier of Trump and McConnell Is a Driving Force Behind Amazon Deforestation

"......The companies have wrested control of land, deforested it, and helped build a controversial highway to their new terminal in the one-time jungle, all to facilitate the cultivation and export of grain and soybeans. The shipping terminal at Miritituba, deep in the Amazon in the Brazilian state of Pará, allows growers to load soybeans on barges, which will then sail to a larger port before the cargo is shipped around the world. 

The Amazon terminal is run by Hidrovias do Brasil, a company that is owned in large part by Blackstone, a major U.S. investment firm.

Another Blackstone company, Pátria Investimentos, owns more than 50 percent of Hidrovias, while Blackstone itself directly owns an additional roughly 10 percent stake.

Blackstone co-founder and CEO Stephen Schwarzman is a close ally of Trump and has donated millions of dollars to McConnell in recent years. .......

https://theintercept.com/2019/08/27/amazon-rainforest-fire-blackstone/

<_<

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1