Bogie56

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

68,187 posts in this topic

Trump to speak Thurs., at GOP House retreat in Baltimore after repeatedly criticizing city

....It will mark Trump's first time in Baltimore since he unleashed days of attacks in late July and early August on the city and its congressman, Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-Md.).

In a slew of tweets, Trump described Baltimore — a majority-black city — as a "very dangerous & filthy place" where "no human being would want to live." 

He went on to call Cummings — the son of South Carolina sharecroppers — a "racist.".........

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/460438-trump-to-speak-at-gop-house-retreat-in-baltimore-after-repeatedly

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

One can only imagine the reaction from the right wing if President Obama had invited the terrorist group, the Taliban who gave safe harbor to Osama Bin Laden during 9/11 to Camp David.  Were they to bring their golf clubs?

I would had been thrilled if Obama found a way to got our troops out of Afghanistan, they been in that wretched country for far too long!  Like it or not any peace negotiations will have to include the Taliban.  Seems this will be a headache for the next administration.

Obama did got that Bin Laden SOB!  Should had shot Osama's carcass into the sun, money would had been well spent!

We got him!

170105_abc_archives_obama_binladendeath_

On 8/28/2019 at 6:31 PM, TomJH said:

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Mark Twain

giphy.gif

I think what Trump is saying: "Blah, blah, blah..., I have no idea what I'm saying...blah, blah, blah....believe me!"

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, hamradio said:

I would had been thrilled if Obama found a way to got our troops out of Afghanistan, they been in that wretched country for far too long!  Like it or not any peace negotiations will have to include the Taliban.  Seems this will be a headache for the next administration.

Obama did got that Bin Laden SOB!  Should had shot Osama's carcass into the sun, money would had been well spent!

We got him!

170105_abc_archives_obama_binladendeath_

Once again you seem to be bypassing the point.  Do you invite the Taliban to America to discuss the makings of a deal?  I think not.  Trump is a maroon.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

Once again you seem to be bypassing the point.  Do you invite the Taliban to America to discuss the makings of a deal?  I think not.  Trump is a maroon.

Only if they are serious about ending the conflict there and as part of any negotiation, stop terrorist activity.

3 hours ago, hamradio said:

Only if they are serious about ending the conflict there and as part of any negotiation, stop terrorist activity.

The Taliban is an extremist muslim terrorist group. That's kind of the point of their group's existence.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, hamradio said:

Neville Chamberlain

• Haha 1

We are dealing with Afghanistan not Nazi Germany.  The Taliban has made clear to the public their objectives, Hitler lied stating he will be content. Mixing apples and oranges.  So what is all of your ideas, keep our troops there forever?

The issues regarding the Taliban is religious / cultural.  We can't dictate how the country is run after we leave.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/he-u-s-eager-end-its-longest-war-interview-taliban-n1031836

Are troops are not there dying for Afghan women's equal rights.

2 hours ago, hamradio said:

We are dealing with Afghanistan not Nazi Germany.  The Taliban has made clear to the public their objectives, Hitler lied stating he will be content. Mixing apples and oranges.  So what is all of your ideas, keep our troops there forever?

The issues regarding the Taliban is religious / cultural.  We can't dictate how the country is run after we leave.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/he-u-s-eager-end-its-longest-war-interview-taliban-n1031836

Nobody is advocating for us to be involved in an indefinite war in Afghanistan.  The first problem is Donald Trump thinking only he can personally make a deal with his fellow criminal dictators and crazies.  He announces this to the world, and then nothing gets done.  It’s all about show; there’s no substance with Donald Trump.  He can’t be bothered to do the hard work.  This is why Kim Jong-Un is still testing missiles.... no deal was ever reached.

There is never any preliminary work done for these supposed deals when Trump is involved.  Everyone else has quiet behind-the-scenes work done by the subject-matter experts.  When a deal is reached, then an announcement is made.   Not with your back-aaassssward President.  He announces the talks before anything close to a deal has been done; no legwork was done.  So no deal is reached.  Trump is so desperate for the deal, that he gives things up with nothing given back in return.  That is why Kim Jong Un is still testing missiles.

Worst of all, Donald Trump has insensitively announced talks at Camp David on the week of the anniversary of 9/11.    Does he not know how bad that is!?!  Obviously not, since those he wishes to talk with, the Taliban, protected those responsible to 9/11, the reason we are fighting in Afghanistan to this day.

While Trump is so stooopid he doesn’t get the optics, I’m surprised you would still try to defend him in this as bad as it looks.  Par for the course I guess.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hamradio said:

Our troops are over there because of 9/11 and because of the instigation of George Bush, a rock - Ribbed Republican.

33 minutes ago, Arturo said:

Nobody is advocating for us to be involved in an indefinite war in Afghanistan.  The first problem is Donald Trump thinking only he can personally make a deal with his fellow criminal dictators and crazies.  He announces this to the world, and then nothing gets done.  It’s all about show; there’s no substance with Donald Trump.  He can’t be bothered to do the hard work.  This is why Kim Jong-Un is still testing missiles.... no deal was ever reached.

There is never any preliminary work done for these supposed deals when Trump is involved.  Everyone else has quiet behind-the-scenes work done by the subject-matter experts.  When a deal is reached, then an announcement is made.   Not with your back-aaassssward President.  He announces the talks before anything close to a deal has been done; no legwork was done.  So no deal is reached.  Trump is so desperate for the deal, that he gives things up with nothing given back in return.  That is why Kim Jong Un is still testing missiles.

Worst of all, Donald Trump has insensitively announced talks at Camp David on the week of the anniversary of 9/11.    Does he not know how bad that is!?!  Obviously not, since those he wishes to talk with, the Taliban, protected those responsible to 9/11, the reason we are fighting in Afghanistan to this day.

While Trump is so stooopid he doesn’t get the optics, I’m surprised you would still try to defend him in this as bad as it looks.  Par for the course I guess.

Do you remember when trump said he could go out on 5th Avenue in New York City and shoot somebody and his supporters wouldn't care?

I've got to say this for trump, he's good at one thing-- he's the best lying con artist who ever came out of Queens.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

:lol:  :rolleyes:

I know nothing about an Air Force plane landing at an airport (which I do not own and have nothing to do with) near Turnberry Resort (which I do own) in Scotland, and filling up with fuel, with the crew staying overnight at Turnberry (they have good taste!). NOTHING TO DO WITH ME
8:43 AM · Sep 9, 2019
==================================

·
6h

FUN FACT: The Trump Organization formed a partnership with Prestwick Airport in 2014.

Trump’s up to his earlobes in this mess and lyin’ to the American people, as usual. This alone would be the end for any non-Putin elected president.
  • Haha 3

Trump Calls Off Peace Talks With Taliban

".....The United States and Taliban had appeared close to signing an agreement after holding nine rounds of talks in Doha, but the negotiations took a surprise turn when President Trump suggested a Camp David meeting that included Afghan President Ashraf Ghani, who had not been involved in the previous talks because the Taliban refuse to meet with him.

The New York Times reports Trump wanted the deal to be announced at Camp David so he would be perceived as the dealmaker who pulled the peace agreement together. But according to the Times, Taliban negotiators had agreed to come to the United States only after a deal was announced and only to meet with the American side.

The New York Times reports, quote, “Trump may have canceled a meeting that the key participants were not planning to attend,” unquote.

There are also questions about the premise behind why the United States canceled the secret meeting.....

https://truthout.org/video/trump-calls-off-peace-talks-with-taliban/

:unsure:

• Thanks 1

US pulled spy from Russia amid concerns about Trump's handling of intel

".....CNN is reporting that one of the highest-level American spies in Russia was extracted during a secret 2017 mission after concerns that Trump would reveal the spy. The cable news network cited a person directly involved in the conversation about the removal.

The decision to plan an extraction came after Trump's May 2017 meeting with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov and then-Russian Ambassador to the U.S. Sergey Kislyak.

The president during that meeting shared highly classified intelligence given by Israel about ISIS in Syria, according to CNN.

This information sparked a fear that the spy would be discovered, and then-CIA Director Mike Pompeo warned senior Trump officials about the extent of information being released about the source........

The removal of the spy caused the United States to lose a key source in the Russian government built up over time in a time when there's increased tensions between the countries, sources told CNN.

CNN reported that a source said the United States had "no equal alternative" insight into the Russian government and Russian President Vladimir Putin.......

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/460484-us-pulled-spy-from-russia-amid-concerns-about-trumps-handling

<_<

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

The president during that meeting shared highly classified intelligence given by Israel about ISIS in Syria, according to CNN.

Oh,  be fair;  Trump had a few drinks and all he said was "hey, Sergey,,,,, do you know that waiter over there,,,, he looks like one of our best agents.    Really great guy!!".

Trump: "At some point prior to the election, I’m going to be giving out a financial report of me,
and it'll be extremely complete

... You’ll be extremely shocked that the numbers are many, many times what you think.

I don't need to have somebody take a room overnight at a hotel."
==============================

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

US pulled spy from Russia amid concerns about Trump's handling of intel

".....CNN is reporting that one of the highest-level American spies in Russia was extracted during a secret 2017 mission after concerns that Trump would reveal the spy. The cable news network cited a person directly involved in the conversation about the removal.

The decision to plan an extraction came after Trump's May 2017 meeting with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov and then-Russian Ambassador to the U.S. Sergey Kislyak.

This information sparked a fear that the spy would be discovered, and then-CIA Director Mike Pompeo warned senior Trump officials about the extent of information being released about the source........

The removal of the spy caused the United States to lose a key source in the Russian government built up over time in a time when there's increased tensions between the countries, sources told CNN.

CNN reported that a source said the United States had "no equal alternative" insight into the Russian government and Russian President Vladimir Putin.......

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/460484-us-pulled-spy-from-russia-amid-concerns-about-trumps-handling

<_<

They know Trump is compromised and is a Russian asset.  Every action Trump has taken toward Putin points to it.

• Thanks 1

Yeah, this was a different group of murderous thugs. But since they were killing Russians

instead of Americans, they were A okay.

51 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

Yeah, this was a different group of murderous thugs. But since they were killing Russians

instead of Americans, they were A okay.

Afghanistan was called "Russia's Vietnam". Well you know what they say about karma. :D

And

7 hours ago, hamradio said:

Afghanistan was called "Russia's Vietnam". Well you know what they say about karma. :D

And if, as John Lennon sang, there is Instant Karma, then Donald  Trump May instantly combust at any moment.  And this for just one atrocity like putting children in cages.

I’m glad Bolton is gone, as he is a neocon Warhawk.  However, he did advise about having Trump meet with the Taliban on American soil, something that bootlicker  Pompeyo has no problem with.

15 hours ago, hamradio said:

At least the Ruskies were smart enough to get out after ten years. As long as the casualties

are low, we'll likely be there for who knows how long. We might have a "Vietnam" gap.

• Thanks 1