Bogie56

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

68,877 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Do you remember when Aretha Franklin died?

She's one of the greatest singers of our time.

All this jerk could say was that she once worked for him.

YEP! I remember that. As if she was his servant or something.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, mr6666 said:

POTUS on the death of Cokie Roberts, via pool:

“I never met her. She never treated me nicely.
But I would like to wish her family well. She was a professional and I respect professionals.

I respect you guys a lot, you people a lot. She was a real professional."

:blink:

She never treated him nicely, so she's not entitled.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Hibi said:

DRAIN THE SWAMP!!!!

That turned out to be a total fantasy. Just as bad as before, probably a lot worse.

Steve Cortes was on Cuomo's show last night. Whatever he may or may not look

like, he sounds like your typical right wing loony.

• Sad 1

More like DAMN THE SWAMP! Worse than it's ever been........

• Haha 1

The homeless are living in "our best highways, our best streets, our best entrances to buildings,"

President Trump told reporters Tuesday,

adding "people in those buildings pay tremendous taxes where they went to those locations because of the prestige.”

<_<
  • Haha 1

Down at border, Trump just signed section of wall (fence) with sharpie.

This, after an official minutes ago rejected the idea that the wall is a "vanity project."
:rolleyes:
  • Haha 1

What an idiot! And, of course, he'd use a Sharpie.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, mr6666 said:

The homeless are living in "our best highways, our best streets, our best entrances to buildings,"

President Trump told reporters Tuesday,

adding "people in those buildings pay tremendous taxes where they went to those locations because of the prestige.”

<_<

not only that but the sick liberal politicians of California are allowing these drug and booze addled riff raff to live under municipal tunnels and pathways and what do they do?

they decorate them. (deface)

it is an abdication of responsibility and rational governance.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NipkowDisc said:

not only that but the sick liberal politicians of California are allowing these drug and booze addled riff raff to live under municipal tunnels and pathways and what do they do?

they decorate them. (deface)

it is an abdication of responsibility and rational governance.

Yeah Donald Trump has done his part in getting drug and booze addled riff raft off the street.  He has given them jobs in the WH.

Plus, your president wants to lock everybody up in cages, from opposition politicians to babies.  Talk about abdication of responsibility and rational governance, Trump has done this since Day One of his pathetic presidency.

• Haha 1

....Knowing all of this, is anybody dumb enough to believe that I would say something inappropriate with a foreign leader while on such a potentially “heavily populated” call.

I would only do what is right anyway, and only do good for the USA!
9:47 AM · Sep 19, 2019·
==================================

Hey

, if you are telling the truth (which is statistically a low probability),

you should have no fear of the whistleblower complaint being forwarded to Congress as required by law.

Instead, you are covering up this information.

Why?

<_<

• Haha 1

Of all the nightmare scenarios that could constitute an “urgent, credible” whistleblower complaint from within the intelligence community,

a Trump “promise” to a foreign leader has to be among the most alarming.
--------------------------------------------------

The inspector general suggested whistleblower concerns were about multiple acts

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/trump-intelligence-whistleblower-complaint/h_e4a13d5dfaf972124a15cbc36b2dde72

• Sad 1

"DT:  I would only do what is right anyway, and only do good for the USA! ..... is anybody dumb enough to believe that ..."

============================

-fixed it  ;)

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, mr6666 said:

....Knowing all of this, is anybody dumb enough to believe that I would say something inappropriate with a foreign leader while on such a potentially “heavily populated” call.

I would only do what is right anyway, and only do good for the USA!
9:47 AM · Sep 19, 2019·
==================================

Hey

, if you are telling the truth (which is statistically a low probability),

you should have no fear of the whistleblower complaint being forwarded to Congress as required by law.

Instead, you are covering up this information.

Why?

<_<

There are plenty of people around who'd think you'd do something "inappropriate"!

• Like 2

In Oval, Trump tells reporters when asked about Ukraine and whistleblower “it doesn’t matter what i discussed” and adds “someone ought to look into Joe Biden” (per WH pool).
9:33 AM · Sep 20, 2019
===========================

The four stages of Trump corruption:
1. Of course I did not do that corrupt thing
2. No one but the fake news says I did that corrupt thing
3. Maybe I did that corrupt thing but no one knows for sure

4. Yes, I did that corrupt thing and I'm proud of it.

(& P.S.  'So What?')  <_<
  • Sad 1

Trump administration says joint UNC, Duke program portrays Islam too positively

The Trump administration is pressuring the University of North Carolina and Duke University to revise their joint Middle East studies program or risk federal funding.

The Education Department wrote in an Aug. 29 letter to the Duke-UNC Consortium for Middle East Studies that the program disproportionately portrays "the positive aspects of Islam." The agency requested they amend the program by Sept. 22 or lose a grant they've been receiving for almost a decade, The Associated Press reported.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/462202-trump-admin-say-unc-duke-programs-portray-islam-too-positively?__twitter_impression=true

• Sad 3

·
7h

Trump in Oval described whistleblower as “partisan”

but adds “I do not know the identity of the whistleblower.” (Per WH pool)

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

Trump administration says joint UNC, Duke program portrays Islam too positively

The Trump administration is pressuring the University of North Carolina and Duke University to revise their joint Middle East studies program or risk federal funding.

The Education Department wrote in an Aug. 29 letter to the Duke-UNC Consortium for Middle East Studies that the program disproportionately portrays "the positive aspects of Islam." The agency requested they amend the program by Sept. 22 or lose a grant they've been receiving for almost a decade, The Associated Press reported.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/462202-trump-admin-say-unc-duke-programs-portray-islam-too-positively?__twitter_impression=true

Let’s teach Christian Studies and focus on the Inquisition and other similar highlights.  Sheesh 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

·
7h

I guess anyone’s not trumpeting MAGA must be partisan, sight unseen or identity unknown!

38 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

·
7h

FreeWeakCornsnake-size_restricted.gif

• Haha 2

Annual complaints to intel watchdog hotline have more than doubled since Trump took office

According to public records, the hotline received 563 contacts last year, and numbers for the latest fiscal year are on pace to be even higher.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/national-security/annual-complaints-intel-watchdog-hotline-have-more-doubled-trump-took-n1056551?cid=sm_npd_ms_tw_ma

<_<

:rolleyes:  <_<

Trump allies jolt into action to deflect Ukraine-whistleblower scandal

It's a familiar response when controversy seems to imperil Trump’s presidency.

".....To the president’s defenders, it’s just another case of media bias and an angry anti-Trump cabal inside the government lashing out — what’s the whistleblower’s agenda? And so what if the president pressured foreign leaders to root out potential corruption?

“It looks to me like another deep state attack,” Sen. Josh Hawley (R-Mo.), a top Trump booster, said Friday morning on Fox News. “We have seen this over and over and over in this administration from anonymous sources deep inside the bureaucracy.”

Yes, we’ve been here before.

Almost every time a controversy emerges that seemingly imperils Trump’s presidency, the same playbook unfolds. Amid angry calls for impeachment, Trump’s allies largely sidestep a debate over the event itself, cast blame elsewhere and start rationalizing the president’s behavior....

the president told his Ukrainian counterpart, Volodymyr Zelensky, that relations with the U.S. would improve only if Zelensky ordered an investigation into the Bidens. ...

Giuliani, the president’s personal lawyer, to get to the bottom of questions surrounding whether Biden,

when he was vice president in the Obama administration protected his son from a probe of his ties to a Ukrainian gas company

— allegations that have never been substantiated. .......

Biden on Friday blasted the “clear-cut corruption” at play and called on Trump to immediately release the transcript of the call in question and allow the whistleblower notification to be sent to Congress. .....

even if the whistleblower had just been disputing a policy, the inspector general would’ve taken that, reviewed it, and not raised it to the level of urgent concern.” .......

the inspector general is now “between a rock and a hard place.” If he went straight to Congress with the substance of the complaint, he could be fired. “But he still needs to retain his independence,” McCullough said.

“It’s a completely unprecedented situation.” ....

Whistleblower protection laws allow officials to go straight to the congressional intelligence committees, but once the director of National Intelligence steps in — as acting director Joseph Maguire did — that option is essentially nullified. Those laws are also meant to protect the whistleblower’s or her identity and prevent reprisals. ......

“If the president does not allow the whistleblower complaint against him to be turned over to Congress, we will add it to the articles of impeachment,” said Rep. David Cicilline (D-R.I.), a member of Democratic leadership who sits on the Judiciary Committee.

But Democrats have also struggled to use former special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation to build public support for impeachment, and the party’s senior leaders — most notably, Speaker Nancy Pelosi — continue to resist it.

Some Democrats argue the whistleblower saga could mark a turning point.....

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/20/trump-allies-jolt-into-action-to-deflect-ukraine-whistleblower-scandal-1506882

:huh:

• Sad 1

Do people REALIZE that EVERY TIME Trump tweeted "the collusion was by the Democrats"

and said Clinton should go to "prison" for it

he was referring to a claim... (wait for the *sweet sweet* irony)

...that Clinton secretly tried to get Ukraine to investigate her political rival?

Trump & HIS Wall.....

"....The wall was “amazing”, “world class”, “virtually impenetrable” and also “a good, strong rust colour” that could later be painted. It was designed to absorb heat, so it was “hot enough to fry an egg on”. There were no eggs to hand, but the president did sign his name on it and spoke for so long the TV feed eventually cut away, promising to return if news was ever made.

He did, at one point, concede that would-be immigrants, unable to scale, burrow, blow torch or risk being burned,

could always walk around the incomplete structure, but that would require them walking a long way....."

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/sep/20/as-a-foreign-reporter-visiting-the-us-i-was-stunned-by-trumps-press-conference

:rolleyes:

EXCLUSIVE: Trump ignored *his administration’s evidence* thousands of Guatemalans are fleeing to US

due to starvation caused by climate change fueled crop failure,

which I saw myself.

Instead, he defunded aid that helps.

<_<

Mexican congressman climbs U.S. border fence to illustrate that Trump's wall is 'totally absurd'

......"I was able to scale it, climb it, and sit myself right here," Guerra said in the video. "It would be simple for me to jump into the United States, which shows that it is unnecessary and totally absurd to build a wall."

He adds, "It's easy, and it shows how unnecessary this project, this political rhetoric from Donald Trump, is."....

"You can climb it with great ease, one climbs in an instant," Guerra says in the video. "I climbed it in Tijuana, one of the highest parts, even from a distance this looks very complex, but there are young people that go up and down, at all times." .........

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/mexican-congressman-climbs-us-border-fence-illustrate-trumps/story?id=45877797

giphy.gif

• Haha 1