Bogie56

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

70,966 posts in this topic

Fact check: Trump falsely claims 'we have no soldiers in Syria'

The US still has about 1,000 soldiers in Syria, military officials have told CNN and other news outlets, and the troops Trump removed from the area of the Turkish incursion offensive were not removed from the country.

Jonathan Hoffman, chief Pentagon spokesman, said in a statement on Tuesday: "We have made no changes to our force presence in Syria at this time."

Less than an hour after Trump made his Thursday claim that there are "no soldiers in Syria," a senior State Department official told reporters that the US military mission in Syria is ongoing.
"We had and still have a significant military mission there to ensure the enduring defeat of ISIS, also to maintain the stability of northeast Syria and the region.....

<_<
  • Thanks 1

BREAKING: Federal appeals court rules against President Trump, ordering financial records from an accounting firm for the president turned over to a House cmte. as part of subpoena -

The subpoena was prompted by the testimony of Michael Cohen, who testified that

the president inflated and deflated the value of his assets for his personal benefit. The president challenged the authority of the cmte. to obtain his financial records.

9:32 AM · Oct 11, 2019
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, mr6666 said:

BREAKING: Federal appeals court rules against President Trump, ordering financial records from an accounting firm for the president turned over to a House cmte. as part of subpoena -

the president inflated and deflated the value of his assets for his personal benefit. The president challenged the authority of the cmte. to obtain his financial records.

To quote The Big Bopper:

" You know what I like."

• Haha 1

BREAKING: Amid Pres. Trump's decision to remove US troops from northern Syria

and his vocal criticisms of US military presence in Middle East,

the Pentagon announces the deployment of more US troops and weapons to Saudi Arabia “to assure and enhance the defense of Saudi Arabia.”

-_-
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, mr6666 said:

BREAKING: Amid Pres. Trump's decision to remove US troops from northern Syria

and his vocal criticisms of US military presence in Middle East,

the Pentagon announces the deployment of more US troops and weapons to Saudi Arabia “to assure and enhance the defense of Saudi Arabia.”

-_-

There goes 'it is time to pull out of the Middle East' argument.  

Have I done enough now, Mr. Putin?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Isn't this a felony?  Manafort got dinged for something similar.

• Thanks 1

Another case of projection.  Trump claimed he wasn't after dirt on Biden but he was only interested in ferreting out corruption.

Well it turns out that that is exactly what former Ambassador to the Ukraine, Marie Yovanovitch was doing.  She was implementing anti-corruption measures in the Ukraine and that is exactly why she was fired by Trump and Giulianni.  

Yesterday Trump told reporters that he did not know the former Ambassador and that she might be a wonderful woman (I guess that's why he fired her).  He also said that in his phone call with the Ukranian President, he was told horrible things about the former Ambassador.  Well it turns out the exact opposite is true.  According to the semi-transcript, Trump said "I don't know if you know this" and went on to say how horrible Yovanovitch was.

More and more lies.  Just what you want from your President.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

A snippet from Trump's scrum on the WH lawn yesterday ...

"I don't know.  I haven't spoken to Rudy.  I spoke to him yesterday ..."

• Haha 2

TRUMP: "Are you ready? Saudi Arabia at my request has agreed to pay us for everything we are doing. That is a first.
Saudi Arabia, and other countries soon now, but Saudi Arabia has agreed to pay us for everything we are doing to help them and we appreciate that."
====================================
·
9h

Imagine being the family of US service members and hearing the Commander-in-Chief basically

describe the American military as a mercenary army hired by countries like Saudi Arabia who are “paying” us to go protect them
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

TRUMP: "Are you ready? Saudi Arabia at my request has agreed to pay us for everything we are doing. That is a first.
Saudi Arabia, and other countries soon now, but Saudi Arabia has agreed to pay us for everything we are doing to help them and we appreciate that."
====================================
·
9h

Imagine being the family of US service members and hearing the Commander-in-Chief basically

describe the American military as a mercenary army hired by countries like Saudi Arabia who are “paying” us to go protect them

When I was in a restaurant bar in Bahrain during the Gulf War, overheard couple of Kuwaitis comment that they were not in Kuwati Army as Kuwait was paying US to fight the war for them.

- STILL AFRAID TO CALL THEM "LIES"??  :rolleyes:

-----------------------------

AP FACT CHECK: Trump’s 'shoddy info' on Syria, impeachment, etc.

"President Donald Trump spread shoddy information about Syria, the economy and matters at the heart of the impeachment inquiry against him in a week of caustic rhetoric.

Some examples:.......

https://www.apnews.com/348a506f02b448ec9c0b2b71dfd0e979?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&amp;utm_medium=AP&amp;utm_source=Twitter

• Sad 1

Z-2ftHoZ_bigger.png
The Ukraine scandal and the Syria disgrace aren’t bugs of the Trump administration. They are features. And if Trump isn’t stopped, there will be more and perhaps worse government scandals, and more and perhaps worse national disgraces, ahead.
8:22 PM · Oct 12, 2019·Twitter for iPhone
  • Thanks 1

Z-2ftHoZ_bigger.png
With all respect--and I have lots of respect--for Jim Mattis: The Constitution isn't self-executing. That's why members of the executive branch, civil and military, members of Congress and new citizens swear an oath to support and defend it. It needs supporting and defending now.
Quote Tweet

vd8WjaRk_normal.jpg

Aaron Blake

@AaronBlake
· 2h
Mattis to MTP one why he isn't more outspoken on Trump: "This would be the worst time, I think, for military people to step out like that. But also, the Constitution, I think, is a very hearty document. I've got a love affair with the U.S. Constitution ... We all need it today."
11:52 AM · Oct 13, 2019·Twitter Web App
  • Confused 1

-Cz-lAnJ_bigger.jpg

Brought To You by Trump Towers Istanbul. Standing Proud for the American Way.
Quote Tweet

tw7JPE5v_normal.jpg

The Hill

@thehill
· 36m
Pentagon chief says Turkey "appears to be" committing war crimes in northern Syria http://hill.cm/qcq4W0C

• Sad 1

The president is spending his Sunday as he did his Saturday: At his golf club in Virginia. Yesterday, the president shared lunch there with his personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani, @Santucci confirms. Unclear who, if anyone, the president is meeting there today.

10:57 AM · Oct 13, 2019·TweetDeck

UEg5exR4_bigger.png

Difficult to independently confirm reports of so many atrocities in N.Syria; what does seem clear, however, is that President Trump's betrayal of an ally has opened a Pandora's Box from which all sorts of trouble has emerged - including a long-term weakening of U.S. security
  • Thanks 1

A federal judge ordered Education Secretary Betsy DeVos not to collect on student loans from a for-profit education company that went out of business. DeVos defied the court and continued collections to squeeze student loan payments from 16,000 borrowers.
  • Thanks 1

NOTE: The Soviet-born Lev Parnas, who says (WP) he met Trump "several" times before the 2016 election and came to "admire" him, began working with the Trump Org around 1987—the year Trump first went to the Soviet Union in a trip reports say the KGB set up.
  • Haha 1

L5CJEZkw_bigger.jpg

The most powerful country in the world has been reduced to “monitoring” events.

Quote Tweet

kUuht00m_normal.jpg

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
· 3h
.....The Kurds and Turkey have been fighting for many years. Turkey considers the PKK the worst terrorists of all. Others may want to come in and fight for one side or the other. Let them! We are monitoring the situation closely. Endless Wars!
Show this thread
  • Sad 1

X0rXwY_5_bigger.jpg

It’s pretty amazing what you can get away with when your Attorney General is “advising” Fox News. And apparently someone thinks a rash of new ISIS terror is good for his re-election campaign.
Quote Tweet

WgL6QUYv_normal.jpg

Sam Stein

@samstein
· 2h
It truly does defy everything we know about politics that the president of the United States is publicly defending a policy that allowed hundreds of ISIS supporters to escape.
12:23 PM · Oct 13, 2019·Twitter for iPhone
  • Sad 1