Bogie56

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

13,761 posts in this topic

Trump waived Jones act for Puerto Rico for ten days, allowing foreign shippers to transport goods between American ports.

Local shipping execs point out-there's no more room at the terminals for cargo containers-So won't ease the backlog & will increase prices.

That is the main issue which is logistics.  When I read the "lack of help / don't care", people must think there is some kind of bridge that connects Puerto Rico with the southern tip of Florida.  When most of PR is flooded, roads destroyed, docks in shambles, how do one get the needed items from point A to B? Other problems, no communications or power.

Just like Katrina, it's the "we're all that" thinking, in other words just because we're a superpower translates to the government is Superman.

The "Trump effect": Fox News Poll suggests his incessant focus on NFL has actually made kneeling protest 9pts more popular than previously.

DKzqi30XoAAOamI.jpg

Still viewed as inappropriate by a majority even after Trump's arsine comments.

While I have no problem with the protest,   if a majority do,   I say that means this form of protest isn't an effective method as it relates to realizing a moment's goals.

Democrats don't want massive tax cuts - how does that win elections? Great reviews for Tax Cut and Reform Bill.

7:55 AM - 28 Sep 2017

Posting all of these tweets around 4:00 AM;    are you using a bot or you just can't sleep?   :lol:

\

Republicans who hated deficits under Obama hardly make a peep that Trump tax cuts will increase debt by >1 trillion.....

and democrats were similarly peepless under their all but divine obama. :P

Think about it.  They are cutting all of the social programs and the debt is going up.  Do we have to explain it to you further how twisted this is.

• Like 2

From the WP ...

PostEverything

Perspective 
I helped create the GOP tax myth. Trump is wrong: Tax cuts don’t equal growth.

The best growth in recent memory came after President Bill Clinton raised taxes in the ’90s.
  • Like 2

From the WP ...

PostEverything

Perspective 
I helped create the GOP tax myth. Trump is wrong: Tax cuts don’t equal growth.

The best growth in recent memory came after President Bill Clinton raised taxes in the ’90s....about that. at the time bob dole was the GOP senate minority leader and he excellently organized a successful opposition to the clinton economic budget. clinton said if the senate GOP thwarted his package within months the U.S. economy would fall into recession. dole and the senate GOP defeated that clinton economic package...it did not occur rather the opposite did. clinton never again referred to that successful opposition led by dole, which he maintained would scuttle the economy, he just took credit for the opposite effect which was completely contrary to what mr. hillbilly love had predicted...

TALK ABOUT THAT. :lol:
  • Like 1

Think about it.  They are cutting all of the social programs and the debt is going up.  Do we have to explain it to you further how twisted this is.

I really don't see the GOP members in Congress being able to agree on Tax Reform and the associated 'long term' budget allocations.

There are some real deficit hawks and they will not support a plan that adds trillions to the debt.    Since many of these members also support increased defense spending, they will call for social program cuts that other GOP members just can't accept.    

I just don't see how these various fractions of the GOP can come to a consensus.

Posting all of these tweets around 4:00 AM;    are you using a bot or you just can't sleep?   

I'm guessing you don't know that posts are time-stamped in the viewer's time zone, not the poster's. On my screen, those posts are from 8:00 AM. 

• Like 1

I really don't see the GOP members in Congress being able to agree on Tax Reform and the associated 'long term' budget allocations.

There are some real deficit hawks and they will not support a plan that adds trillions to the debt.    Since many of these members also support increased defense spending, they will call for social program cuts that other GOP members just can't accept.    

I just don't see how these various fractions of the GOP can come to a consensus.

I heard one of those "hawks" on tv this morning.  One of the most rabid from the Freedom Caucus.  He is completely fine with the added deficit though he tried to say it wouldn't happen because the growth would be phenomenal.  And in any event, he said the deficit would only run for TEN YEARS!  But they will never get 6% growth.  The reason he is "ok" with a deficit now and not before is because Obama is no longer in charge.

Welcome to hypocrisy 101.  So sounds like they will vote for it.

• Like 1

I heard one of those "hawks" on tv this morning.  One of the most rabid from the Freedom Caucus.  He is completely fine with the added deficit though he tried to say it wouldn't happen because the growth would be phenomenal.  And in any event, he said the deficit would only run for TEN YEARS!  But they will never get 6% growth.  The reason he is "ok" with a deficit now and not before is because Obama is no longer in charge.

Welcome to hypocrisy 101.  So sounds like they will vote for it.

I'll be surprised if a majority of the Freedom Caucus agrees to 'accept' expected future growth rates around 6% to make up for tax revenue shortfalls and therefor these members will not also call for major social spending cuts  (because if there are major social spending cuts other more 'moderate' GOP members will NOT vote for such a bill in the Senate,  similar to Healthcare reform).

I'll be surprised if a majority of the Freedom Caucus agrees to 'accept' expected future growth rates around 6% to make up for tax revenue shortfalls and therefor these members will not also call for major social spending cuts  (because if there are major social spending cuts other more 'moderate' GOP members will NOT vote for such a bill in the Senate,  similar to Healthcare reform).

Well, this guy was boasting that the deficit would only last TEN YEARS.  That's hypocrisy.  They want their tax breaks and their Koch Bros. money.  Stay tuned.

• Like 1

Well, this guy was boasting that the deficit would only last TEN YEARS.  That's hypocrisy.  They want their tax breaks and their Koch Bros. money.  Stay tuned.

Well of course the so called deficit hawks that would accept what they defined as massive deficits when Obama was President, for 'only 10 years' are hypocrites.     But I still don't think the GOP will be able to pass major Tax reform.    The House may be able to agree on a bill (like they did with Healthcare reform) but I just don't see McConnell being able to get 50 GOP Senators to agree.   

Posting all of these tweets around 4:00 AM;    are you using a bot or you just can't sleep?   :lol:

I actually was up at 4 a.m. Too many late-night baseball games from the West Coast. This is the final week of the regular season, however. :ph34r: