Bogie56

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

70,739 posts in this topic

for ALL have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.

:) 

Oh how "forgiving" you are, ND.

(...ESPECIALLY it seems toward any future possible "emperors" among us, and any sins somebody like THAT may have committed in the past, EH?!) ;)

LOL

Of course some have fallen shorter than others--guess they

must be Democrats.

So, in a speech yesterday Trump said Clinton is in favour of abortion right up until the moment of birth. What a maroon.

He's blowing a gasket in Tampa this morning, I tell ya.

Yesterday during his Washington speech Trump announced, "I just heard they are cancelling the Euros (Soccer tournament in France).  It's a disaster.  Terrorism folks.  They can't handle it.  It's a disaster."

Well, thankfully they didn't cancel anything.  They had the opening ceremonies on Friday and have had four games now without incident.

We all know Trump plays on people's fears but there was something about this proclamation that was downright evil.  Trump is hoping that things get worse everywhere, hoping that there are terrorist attacks and hoping that hundreds of people die as a result.  Why?  Because it will help get him elected.  And some supporters don't think he is a narcissistic egocentric ****.

So, in a speech yesterday Trump said Clinton is in favour of abortion right up until the moment of birth. What a maroon.

He's blowing a gasket in Tampa this morning, I tell ya.

Trump is such a moron he can't even utilize an issue where the majority of Americans may favor the GOP stance on this over that of Dems;  the actual issue here is should abortion be legal after 20 weeks.   Many states (all red ones) have already banned this.    Should the Supreme Court rule that such bans are unconstitutional?   Should this become the law of the land?       My understanding is that the nation is fairly evenly divided on this but leans towards accepting a ban after 20 weeks.

I don't know HRC stance on this but if Trump wasn't such a maroon he would use the media to try to get her to vocalize a stance on this since it could divide the progressives from the independents \ moderates.

Trump is such a moron he can't even utilize an issue where the majority of Americans may favor the GOP stance on this over that of Dems;  the actual issue here is should abortion be legal after 20 weeks.   Many states (all red ones) have already banned this.    Should the Supreme Court rule that such bans are unconstitutional?   Should this become the law of the land?       My understanding is that the nation is fairly evenly divided on this but leans towards accepting a ban after 20 weeks.

I don't know HRC stance on this but if Trump wasn't such a maroon he would use the media to try to get her to vocalize a stance on this since it could divide the progressives from the independents \ moderates.

I believe it is 20 weeks in the UK and Canada.  It is based on when a baby can survive out of the womb - doctors recommendations and so on.  This is just B S rhetoric from Trump.  I doubt very much Hillary or Sanders would step in and say how many weeks it should be.  This is not the minimum wage question.

I believe it is 20 weeks in the UK and Canada.  It is based on when a baby can survive out of the womb - doctors recommendations and so on.  This is just B S rhetoric from Trump.  I doubt very much Hillary or Sanders would step in and say how many weeks it should be.  This is not the minimum wage question.

Well if Fox is hosting a debate between HRC and Trump one of the Fox hosts will ask HRC what she feels is a reasonable cutoff.    This is an actual issue here in the USA that the GOP has been very successful with in red and purple states with regards to U.S. Congressional elections.        To many Americans it is  as important as the minimum wage question. 

Since the HRC \ Trump election will be decided in rustbelt states like PA and OH a wise GOP candidate would use it to push HRC to the left.    (but of course Trump isn't close to being wise).  

(note:  the 20 week cutoff isn't a big topic for me but ensuring all women have ready access to abortion services is).

Yesterday during his Washington speech Trump announced, "I just heard they are cancelling the Euros (Soccer tournament in France).  It's a disaster.  Terrorism folks.  They can't handle it.  It's a disaster."

Well, thankfully they didn't cancel anything.  They had the opening ceremonies on Friday and have had four games now without incident.

We all know Trump plays on people's fears but there was something about this proclamation that was downright evil.  Trump is hoping that things get worse everywhere, hoping that there are terrorist attacks and hoping that hundreds of people die as a result.  Why?  Because it will help get him elected.  And some supporters don't think he is a narcissistic egocentric ****.

Yea,  the Euros are safe as long as the British and Russians are not involved.     :wacko:

This from CNN:  Packs of Russian and English football fans clashed in Marseille, France, on Saturday -- in a third straight day of battles -- before their two teams met in a match at the Euro 2016 championship.

Yea,  the Euros are safe as long as the British and Russians are not involved.     :wacko:

That's unfortunate but my main point is that you can tell from the theme of Trump's spitting bitter speeches that he would love nothing better than more failures at home and in the middle east and terrorist attacks with huuuge casualties all for the purpose of reinforcing his message and getting him elected.

He's going to change all this, remember.  So, if things are tickety-boo who needs Trump?

He "just heard".

So, once again what Donny "just heard" wasn't factually correct, eh?!

Well, shock of shocks. But of course, planting his little seeds of mistrust and outright fear in the minds of his followers is par for the course.

And hey, IF what he "just heard" DOES turn out to be factually incorrect, then the intellectual COWARD can just blame THAT on yet ANOTHER little scapegoat out there somewhere, RIGHT?!

(...my...how "convenient")

Maybe one day the Supreme Court will restore Row v. Wade

as the law of the land instead of having a bunch of crackers

whittling it down to as close to illegal as possible.

Sadly, one of the first things I thought upon seeing the news of the shooting this morning was that the chances of a Trump presidency just went up a great deal.

Sadly, one of the first things I thought upon seeing the news of the shooting this morning was that the chances of a Trump presidency just went up a great deal.

Yes, and you could tell from his speech that this is what he wants.  Lots of dead Americans to help get him elected.  Pure evil.

Maybe one day the Supreme Court will restore Row v. Wade

as the law of the land instead of having a bunch of crackers

whittling it down to as close to illegal as possible.

You appear to buy into the slippery slope nonsense that is used by folks, on both sides,  that are unable to articulate or defend an actual policy position.

If that same slippery slope nonsense applies to abortion rights why should it not also apply to gun rights?    (or against gay rights, e.g. if gays are allowed to marry, what is next,  men marrying their pets???).     

I believe your mentality relates to the fact you don't vote and therefore you never have to actually made a decision.        

Hey, Vautrin sorry if this reply sounds harsh,  but like many Supreme Court rulings RvW wasn't specific as it relates to the open questions the SC will need to address related to the 20 week cutoff,  criteria for a clinics that provides abortion services etc...  

• Like 1

You appear to buy into the slippery slope nonsense that is used by folks, on both sides,  that are unable to articulate or defend an actual policy position.

If that same slippery slope nonsense applies to abortion rights why should it not also apply to gun rights?    (or against gay rights, e.g. if gays are allowed to marry, what is next,  men marrying their pets???).     

I believe your mentality relates to the fact you don't vote and therefore you never have to actually made a decision.        

Hey, Vautrin sorry if this reply sounds harsh,  but like many Supreme Court rulings RvW wasn't specific as it relates to the open questions the SC will need to address related to the 20 week cutoff,  criteria for a clinics that provides abortion services etc...  

Sometimes, however rarely, there actually is a slippery slope.

Of course the bottom of this slope would be making abortion

illegal in some states and that won't happen without a change

in SCOTUS rulings. But in the meantime, some states are

doing everything they can to get down the slope--personhood

laws, hospital admitting privileges, waiting periods, etc., everything

to make obtaining an abortion as difficult as possible. What shiould

be a national right is now dependent on what state you live in.

Gay men marrying their pets is a non-issue. Making abortions

harder to obtain is very real.

I don't see where being a non-voter has anything to do with making

decisions. I've already made my decision on this topic. In presidential

election years non-voters are usually around 45% of the voting population.

In off years, they're even more. I doubt all these people have problems

making decisions.

Sometimes, however rarely, there actually is a slippery slope.

Of course the bottom of this slope would be making abortion

illegal in some states and that won't happen without a change

in SCOTUS rulings. But in the meantime, some states are

doing everything they can to get down the slope--personhood

laws, hospital admitting privileges, waiting periods, etc., everything

to make obtaining an abortion as difficult as possible. What shiould

be a national right is now dependent on what state you live in.

Gay men marrying their pets is a non-issue. Making abortions

harder to obtain is very real.

I don't see where being a non-voter has anything to do with making

decisions. I've already made my decision on this topic. In presidential

election years non-voters are usually around 45% of the voting population.

In off years, they're even more. I doubt all these people have problems

making decisions.

I see that you have made some decisions with regards to abortion rights  (the 'stunts' red states have put into law like waiting periods and clinic requirements) but not the 20 week cutoff (except if the women's life is in danger).        

Note that another stunt relates to non-surgical abortions.    Red-states have put in so many requirements (e.g. must see the physician 4 times,  with waiting periods between times),  that the drugs used in non-surgical abortions can no longer be used!    

To me voting does make a difference because if you voted in a Dem primary you might have to decide if you would support a candidate that was for or against the 20 week cutoff.   I'm focusing on the 20 week cutoff because I believe even a majority of Dems support such a cutoff,  especially in purple states  (unlike the other 'stunts' the right has pulled related to restricting abortions).

Voting makes a differences since it makes one decide if an issue is important enough to influence how one votes.

As for the slippery slope; well we still disagree on this.    As I stated that same POV is used by the NRA as it relates to 99% of gun control laws.   If the NRA agreed with X, regardless of how reasonable X is,  it could lead to Y,  therefore we have to be against X.  The NRA would say the same thing as you 'Sometimes, however rarely, there actually is a slippery slope'.  

That's unfortunate but my main point is that you can tell from the theme of Trump's spitting bitter speeches that he would love nothing better than more failures at home and in the middle east and terrorist attacks with huuuge casualties all for the purpose of reinforcing his message and getting him elected.

He's going to change all this, remember.  So, if things are tickety-boo who needs Trump?

I wrote the above before the Orlando mass murder.  Today Trump tweeted "thanks for the congratulations" on being right about more terrorist attacks.  

I wrote the above before the Orlando mass murder.  Today Trump tweeted "thanks for the congratulations" on being right about more terrorist attacks.  

Well, Trump is consistent in character as to where his concerns lie. A massive shooting takes place and this narcissist's response is to tweet self congratulations that he was right to predict that something like this would happen. His main concern is how to frame and exploit a human tragedy for his own maximum political gain.

The shooter was able to legally acquire firearms in spite of the fact that he had been investigated by the FBI. Trump, who was warning how Hillary can't be trusted with the second amendment just a few days ago, made no reference to that.

I am not so sure this mass shooting will help Trump's case as much as it appears on the surface.

While Omar pledged allegiance to ISIS, the group wasn't quite as involved here as they were in Paris. Of course, they were praising him online. No surprise there.

In addition he was a natural-born U.S. citizen, not an immigrant. So building a wall to stop the next Omar is pointless, since he will likely be sitting right next to Trumpee and his Meh-ican slave workers mortaring the bricks instead of outside.

I guess Trump's fetish for putting radio collars on all Muslims might get some mileage. Yet there are plenty of nuts on the Far Right of Christianity that have done similar stunts, just not 50 at once.

Also do Trump and the Republicans care THAT much if gays are killed? I mean... they haven't exactly been supporting equal rights for those who are not Heterosexual Aryans of Mother Germany lately. Texas Republican Dan Patrick's most considerate tweet after the shooting was no surprise here.

The fact that he got a gun so easily is not going to make the 2nd Amendment any easier to defend. The NRA can only pay off so many politicians before the proletariat will crash the GOP Country Club golf course paid by their gun support.

If anything, this is putting Hillary in the White House. Her whole campaign has been about not oppressing people according to race, religion and orientation. Even though some heterosexuals were killed, Omar was focused on the other ever since he got upset seeing two guys kiss in Miami. (Good grief! NOBODY told HIM he had to watch! What the %$#@ was his problem?) Now we have a bloodbath showing just how sadistic homophobia is in this country.

I see that you have made some decisions with regards to abortion rights  (the 'stunts' red states have put into law like waiting periods and clinic requirements) but not the 20 week cutoff (except if the women's life is in danger).        

Note that another stunt relates to non-surgical abortions.    Red-states have put in so many requirements (e.g. must see the physician 4 times,  with waiting periods between times),  that the drugs used in non-surgical abortions can no longer be used!    

To me voting does make a difference because if you voted in a Dem primary you might have to decide if you would support a candidate that was for or against the 20 week cutoff.   I'm focusing on the 20 week cutoff because I believe even a majority of Dems support such a cutoff,  especially in purple states  (unlike the other 'stunts' the right has pulled related to restricting abortions).

Voting makes a differences since it makes one decide if an issue is important enough to influence how one votes.

As for the slippery slope; well we still disagree on this.    As I stated that same POV is used by the NRA as it relates to 99% of gun control laws.   If the NRA agreed with X, regardless of how reasonable X is,  it could lead to Y,  therefore we have to be against X.  The NRA would say the same thing as you 'Sometimes, however rarely, there actually is a slippery slope'.  

I'm against the 20 week cutoff period also. I wouldn't be a one issue voter,

but at the end of the day, in a primary or the general election, one vote

makes no difference. The NRA has been very successful, much more so

than pro-choice people. I don't see the NRA having a slippery slope problem.

As Is Radical Christian.  That would hardly fly over here, would it?

Aren't most religions a bit "radical" though? How often do you see atheists behind a gun? It happens, I am sure. Yet the percentile can not be that great since you have to have a lot of passion and fervor (including religious) in order to pull the trigger and destroy lives without any remorse. Also, let's face it. The Holy Text is jam-packed with killings, sacrifices and stonings of ladies who aren't virgins. The only time religion is peaceful is when its practitioners accept the fact that ALL books are written by MEN rather than God.

• Like 2

Oh heck. Might as well throw in the towel. NOTHING this guy ever does surprises me any more.

give%2Bup%2Bcat.jpg

http://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/davidbadash/orlando_terror_attack_donald_trump_calls_for_president_obama_to_resign

Republican presumptive presidential nominee Donald Trump spent much of his day on Twitter, congratulating himself for calling for a complete ban on Muslims entering America, after 50 people were shot to death and another 53 were injured in the deadliest terror attack and mass shooting since 9/11. The suspect, 29-year old, Omar Mir Seddique Mateen, had reportedly called 911 to declare his allegiance to ISIS, but was a U.S. citizen born in New York.

Even though this terror attack was a massive hate crime massacre targeting gay people, not once has the billionaire Republican mentioned the important detail or offered condolences to the LGBT community.

Trump at one point called for President Barack Obama to resign, tweeting as the President addressed the nation 12 hours after the terror attack had begun. It's unclear how not saying the words "radical Islamic terrorism" is worthy of such a call:

Is President Obama going to finally mention the words radical Islamic terrorism? If he doesn't he should immediately resign in disgrace! 1:58 PM

With zero legitimate information, Trump Sunday morning just after 8 AM EDT had tweeted the attack was "possible terrorism," even there were no facts at the time to support that claim:

Really bad shooting in Orlando. Police investigating possible terrorism. Many people dead and wounded.

An hour and a half later he turned his attacks on Hillary Clinton:

Clinton made a false ad about me where I was imitating a reporter GROVELING after he changed his story. I would NEVER mock disabled. Shame!

He then congratulated himself "for being right on radical Islamic terrorism":

Appreciate the congrats for being right on radical Islamic terrorism, I don't want congrats, I want toughness & vigilance. We must be smart!

Trump then reminded his supporters of his call for a ban on all Muslims entering the county.

What has happened in Orlando is just the beginning. Our leadership is weak and ineffective. I called it and asked for the ban. Must be tough

He did not remind them that just a few weeks ago he said his idea for a ban was only a "suggestion."