Bogie56

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

39,492 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

presidents have the prerogative to think where they are the most comfortable...

even Mar-a-Lago.

I love palm tress.

gotta livistona chinensis...

chinese fan palm.

:P

He's certainly comfortable at Mar-a-Lago --when he's on the public dole! :ph34r:

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Ever read the Constitution?

probably not extensively. I am familiar with the most cited parts like...

"For all men are endowed by their creator with the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness..."

the pledge of allegiance is much shorter.

2 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

probably not extensively. I am familiar with the most cited parts like...

"For all men are endowed by their creator with the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness..."

the pledge of allegiance is much shorter.

You should look at the Sixth Amendment sometime. :ph34r:

• Haha 1

Here is the since-deleted tweet from Mike Pompeo on July 24, 2016 pushing stolen Democratic emails and Wikileaks. Pompeo was head of House Intelligence Commitee at the time. 3 days later, Trump called on Russia “if you’re listening” to get Clinton’s email.

DYLJ4SxWkAAiv0o.jpg

An administration official gaggled on Air Force One on the way to California and said this about a borderwall: “The wall will save far more money than it will cost,” the official argued. “The reality is how can you afford not to build a wall?

• Haha 2

Gina Haspel, Trump's pick for CIA chief, oversaw a secret CIA prison known as a "black site" in Thailand, where a 2014 Senate report concluded a suspected al Qaeda member was waterboarded 83 times in one month, sleep deprived, and at one point feared dead.

Who is Gina Haspel? Trump’s pick to lead CIA is agency veteran who faces questions about her role in interrogations following Sept. 11 attacks

• Sad 3

To wildly paraphrase Citizen Kane, I think it would be fun to

waste/terminate with extreme prejudice, the head of the CIA. :) 

The torture of detainees in U.S. custody during the last decade was one of the darkest chapters in American history. The Senate must do its job in scrutinizing the record & involvement of Gina Haspel in this disgraceful program. https://www.mccain.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/press-releases?ID=F5AE735B-2F08-4CBA-B954-

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Call me crazy but I preferred it when the White House wasn’t a dysfunctional carousel of corruption, chaos, firings, indictments, lies, cronyism, nepotism, kleptocracy, name calling, ignorance, deflections, impulsivity, tweeting at TV shows, and attacks on democratic institutions

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jakeem said:

Trump: “We should have a new force called the Space Force. It’s like the Army and the Navy, but for space, because we’re spending a lot of money on space.”

DYMppq_WkAA0vYU.jpg

And Trump can personally welcome the first graduating class of Space Cadets in the WH.  Good idea, Donald.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bogie56 said:

And Trump can personally welcome the first graduating class of Space Cadets in the WH.  Good idea, Donald.

Does that qualify as a doozy from Mr. T?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, jakeem said:

In the last 24 hours we've seen the San Francisco ICE spokesman quit because the administration was contradicting the facts and the State Dept. one fired for contradicting the WH.

The New York TimesVerified account @nytimes 6h6 hours ago

A spokesman for ICE has resigned. saying that he could no longer “bear the burden” of spreading falsehoods on behalf of the Trump administration

....Mr. Schwab said in interviews, first with The San Francisco Chronicle and then with CNN, that he had been frustrated by the remarks, and had quit “because I didn’t want to perpetuate misleading facts.”

“I asked them to change the information,” he told The Chronicle, referring to the 864 people to whom the statement alluded. “I told them that the information was wrong, they asked me to deflect, and I didn’t agree with that. Then I took some time and I quit.”......

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/13/us/california-ice-spokesman-resigns.html

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jakeem said:

Well, how could you not like Dole? He was a fine public servant for many years.

Related image

You obviously are not from Kansas.

2 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

her network needs a bigger audience!:P:lol:

ADWEEK--

12/27/17

" 2017 Ratings: MSNBC Has Best Year Ever,

Sees Most Growth On Cable"-- by A.J. Katz

MSNBC grew its prime time audience last year by more than half a million viewers (+550,000).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

ADWEEK--

12/27/17

" 2017 Ratings: MSNBC Has Best Year Ever,

Sees Most Growth On Cable"-- by A.J. Katz

MSNBC grew its prime time audience last year by more than half a million viewers (+550,000).

Interesting;  I wonder how CNN and Fox did over the same time period.    I.e. did all stations make gains due to the hyper political environment 'inspired' by Trump or did only left-leaning MSNBC make gains?    The latter would be very telling as to the future of the GOP.

9 hours ago, jakeem said:

You had eight years of an administration that didn't condone torture. Of course, Trump wouldn't go there for a pick because of his Deep State paranoia.

You're not seriously implying the Obama administration "didn't condone torture?" Obama kept most of the black sites running and treated his former anti-torture statements as if they were just a scrap of paper. He assassinated the foreign leader Gaddafi and dropped 72 bombs a day on the mid-east. He was just as much for torture and terror as Bush.

2 hours ago, Gershwin fan said:

You're not seriously implying the Obama administration "didn't condone torture?" Obama kept most of the black sites running and treated his former anti-torture statements as if they were just a scrap of paper. He assassinated the foreign leader Gaddafi and dropped 72 bombs a day on the mid-east. He was just as much for torture and terror as Bush.

Yeah, I know all about drone warfare, too. But I seriously doubt they conducted torture and waterboarding. We'll find out for sure someday. The truth just about always surfaces eventually.