Sign in to follow this  
TomJH

Movie Stars In Their Underwear

163 posts in this topic

That's a good picture of Kim Novak. And I'm not crazy about Kim Novak.

Maybe you'll become a fan now.

There's also a pretty scandalous (for the 1930s) cheesecake photo of Joan Blondell posed on a chair (the chair is turned backwards).  Blondell, I imagine, is nude.  The back of the chair is all that's keeping the lady looking decent.  It apparently caused quite a stir when it was printed. 

I'd post it here... but I'm still at work (30 mins until 5pm when I can leave!)

Except this is the underwear thread, not the sans underwear thread, right? lol.

• Like 2

Bathing beauties, and all very tasteful 

candidannintub.jpg

Ann Sheridan 

Jane Russell 

Jeanne Crain 

even Lana Turner

Why is Ann Sheridan's tub so small? That looks mighty uncomfortable.

• Like 2

Why is Ann Sheridan's tub so small? That looks mighty uncomfortable.

You've asked a good question.  I don't why Ann Sheridan's tub was so small.  Maybe there was water rationing during the war.

Then it's bedtime after bath, 

4d8e95abf6675b14f70c422cb469f822.jpg

Barbara Stanwyck

• Like 2

Though between my Errol picture and Eugenia's Steve McQueen photo, it's definitely helping me feel warmer.

Did you also catch the boffo photo I posted of Cary Grant sometime back? I ask because it may have gotten buried under the photos of the boring women (lol). ;)

• Like 2

Did you also catch the boffo photo I posted of Cary Grant sometime back? I ask because it may have gotten buried under the photos of the boring women (lol). ;)

I did see it! I liked it ;)

Time for some men! 

All bets are off now-- I'm home!

Loretta Young

I didn't realize that Loretta was so buxom.  She's usually buried underneath mile wide dresses comprised of layers and layers and layers of fabric.

Despite her bathing suit, it must have been rather chilly the day she took the picture ;)

• Like 2

I did see it! I liked it ;)

Time for some men! 

All bets are off now-- I'm home!

Good, because I can't post pictures. I can post links to pictures, and I can quote them.  But I cannot post them.

Yes, we need more pictures of men in their underwear.

I didn't realize that Loretta was so buxom.  She's usually buried underneath mile wide dresses comprised of layers and layers and layers of fabric.

Despite her bathing suit, it must have been rather chilly the day she took the picture ;)

What I found most interesting (ok, second most),  was LawrenceA avatar of Gable and that slick grin.    Knowing the history of these two that avatar and grin was worth a thousand words! 

• Like 4

Can anyone forget the sight of Liz Taylor in that white swim suit in Suddenly Last Summer?

d1525e6555fa1d6c11b0dd6f98051a29.jpg

550w_movies_elizabeth_taylor_sudenly_las

• Like 1

What I found most interesting (ok, second most),  was LawrenceA avatar of Gable and that slick grin.    Knowing the history of these two that avatar and grin was worth a thousand words! 

Yes, and yet Loretta would still lie to her daughter.....

I do love the avatars LawrenceA has been choosing lately.

Last week it was Henry Fonda with the messy hair.

Before that it was Speedracer's boyfriend in a parallel universe back in time.

There might be a lot of questionable things about Gill Man. But his taste in women is simply not one of them.

Julia Adams in that one piece white swim suit in Creature from the Black lagoon that caused several generations of males to hyperventilate (among other things).

i9vfv6tbsdrysngosln8.jpg

• Like 1

Yes, and yet Loretta would still lie to her daughter.....

I do love the avatars LawrenceA has been choosing lately.

Last week it was Henry Fonda with the messy hair.

Before that it was Speedracer's boyfriend in a parallel universe back in time.

Well when LawrenceA first used that one of Flynn it did throw me for a loop.   When it first appeared I read the posts and said to myself 'those are odd comments coming from Speedracer'.   This as especially true of the political threads in Chit-Chat since Speed isn't know to post there.    I even replied to one thinking I was replying to Speedracer!     

• Like 2

I don't know what's going on in this picture, but here is Errol Flynn in an 1890s swim suit.  I will assume that this is from a deleted scene of Gentleman Jim.  

18653400.jpg

There's also a fabulous scene in this film of Flynn in underwear--a union suit! And he looks damn good in it too (which is quite a feat).  But alas, I cannot find a good picture of it on Google Images.

Here's some more of Sophia because, well, who doesn't want more of Sophia?

sophia-loren-167.jpg

• Like 2

Well when LawrenceA first used that one of Flynn it did throw me for a loop.   When it first appeared I read the posts and said to myself 'those are odd comments coming from Speedracer'.   This as especially true of the political threads in Chit-Chat since Speed isn't know to post there.    I even replied to one thinking I was replying to Speedracer!     

I have private messaged him about his weekly choices so that I have some time to look up who his next actor avatar will be, and I can tell you that the next person was also known to be a ladies man.

;)

I don't know what's going on in this picture, but here is Errol Flynn in an 1890s swim suit.  I will assume that this is from a deleted scene of Gentleman Jim.  

18653400.jpg

There's also a fabulous scene in this film of Flynn in underwear--a union suit! And he looks damn good in it too (which is quite a feat).  But alas, I cannot find a good picture of it on Google Images.

Ohh, bonus, Fred Mertz in a swim suit!

• Like 2

Here's Cary Grant looking very fetching in some red plaid swim trunks:

40bfe77f-56c3-44e0-b461-4d58f5ae172e.png

There is a distressing lack of photos objectifying the men I like.  I will keep on looking though.  Report back later.  Lol.

• Like 3

Ohh, bonus, Fred Mertz in a swim suit!

Lol.  He wears a bathing suit similar to this in an episode of I Love Lucy.  So does Desi Arnaz!

Can anyone forget the sight of Liz Taylor in that white swim suit in Suddenly Last Summer?

d1525e6555fa1d6c11b0dd6f98051a29.jpg

I find it interesting how many women's stomachs were concave back then.  I realize that they all probably had extremely flat stomachs, but even in their swimsuit photos (bikini or not), their stomachs have different shape.  I wonder if it's from a lifetime of wearing girdles. 

If this thread is telling me anything, it's that I need to get up off the couch and start working out heavily.  Lol.  Oh to have the figure of a Hollywood starlet.  ::Sigh:: 

• Like 2