Sign in to follow this  
drdoolittle

Amovie that had that gave you goose bumps

8 posts in this topic

What movie that had you looking over your shoulder or afraid to fall asleep!There is two that come to mind for me!

Visting Hours Lee Grant & william Shatner were in it!

I had watch one Before I went to work, Its about this reporter who this guy had tried to kill hero so he went to this hospital to get her after he failed the first time! So needless to say he went on a killing spree! At that time I worked at a nursing home the night shift So I was scared every time a patient's light would go on because the hall lights were dim!

Another one was!

When A Stranger Calls [not The one with Gary Merrill

Its with Carol Kane!

It's about this babysitter who keeps getting calls from this Physco

When I use to baby sit for this one couple who their nearest neighbor was a half mile down the road!

I had this friend who thought it was funny who would call and her boyfriend disguise voice after they had called I kept the kids in the living room with me,to make sure nothing happened to them! I wouldn't talk to my friend for awhile after that!

About twenty years ago, I saw "Curse of the Demon" at a theater that played old movies.

In the movie, the demon's appearance is always preceded by a bunch of fog. Then the demon emerges to kill someone.

So the movie ended, and I walk outside the theater INTO A HUGE BANK OF FOG! It took me an hour to drive home through the stuff, and all the way I'm laughing and thinking: "This is just how Curse of the Demon started. Of all the nights to see that movie, I had to pick this one."

When I was a kid I saw Carnival of Souls, scared the bejeezus out of me, I watched it as an adult, and still found it creepy, not great but creepy.

"So the movie ended, and I walk outside the theater INTO A HUGE BANK OF FOG! It took me an hour to drive home through the stuff, and all the way I'm laughing and thinking: 'This is just how "Curse of the Demon" started. Of all the nights to see that movie, I had to pick this one.'"

You're safe, as long as you don't see a piece of paper blowing away in the breeze...

I remember watching the Friday the 13th films at my grandparents house. I remember following my mom around the house the next day because I believed that if she left my sight Jason would jump out and grab me. That is truly frightening stuff to an 8 year old.

I love being scared by a good horror movie, and the two that you mentioned certainly fit the bill. I have seen "When a Stranger Calls" and "Visiting Hours" several times each and I'm always thoroughly entertained by them. I think the reason I relate so much to these two movies is that they deal with commonplace situations (babysitting and hospitals). Carol Kane was so great in that one. I really believe she should have been nominated for an Oscar for it. By the way, the Gary Merill movie you talked about has a similar title, but it's called "Phone Call from a Stranger".

Terrence.

There are a couple movies that truly frightened me as a child, and even to this day make my skin crawl.

One of them is Salems Lot.

Stephen King books made to film are generally pretty good or pretty bad, but they are seldom very scary. Silver Bullet is very dear to me, as is The Shining and Carrie, but they just arent very scary in my opinion. Salem's Lot however, is quite a scary film that can have me looking around the room like none other.