Sign in to follow this  
JakeHolman

MEMORIAL DAY

137 posts in this topic

The other Vietnam vets I know appreciate when someone thanks us for our service.  I do not know of any vet who resents being thanked for his service.  I feel sorry for the ones you know if they cannot accept appreication for their service.  Appreciation of service has nothing to do with supporting the conflicts or the reasons US became engaged in them.

I suppose you would rule out appreciation for any military personnel who served in peacetime?

Incidentally, I appreciate John Kerry's service in Vietnam and his service in trying to end the war as part of VVAW.

As I said earlier the only time our "homeland" was actually in "imminent danger" was the War of 1812.  WW II was a threat to Europe and Asia, not the US.

And EVERY military person who died in combat absolutedly did so in service TO our country.  They did not decide to go there to die.  Your country sent them.  Not supporting the my country right or wrong position, just stating facts.

you say that WWll was not a threat to the continental united states.

what then is your opinion of the 1939 film Confessions of a Nazi Spy...that is if you've seen it. :)

you say that WWll was not a threat to the continental united states.

what then is your opinion of the 1939 film Confessions of a Nazi Spy...that is if you've seen it. :)

Not saying there were not Nazi sympathizers and Germans spying in US and engaging in other activities.  However, that was more of a defensive move by Germany to stop the flow of arms, money, supplies, etc. going to Great Britain, France, etc.  And to keep US out of the war.  

In the context being used in this discussion, threat means an actual invasion or other action to overthrow the govenment of the US.

Churchshill was talking about the RAF not American soldiers. Some PhD.

• Thanks 1