Sign in to follow this  
JakeHolman

MEMORIAL DAY

137 posts in this topic

Honoring fallen Coast Guard heroes

As we observe the manners of our profession this Memorial Day, we remember and honor our nation’s Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines and Coast Guardsmen who died while in military service. We must never forget that freedom is not free, but is only made possible by the thousands of patriots who stood the watch and selflessly made the ultimate sacrifice to serve our nation. We owe them an eternal debt of gratitude.

http://coastguard.dodlive.mil/2013/05/honoring-fallen-coast-guard-heroes/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see ole Yellowstains Bonespurs had to try to steal the limelight from Memorial Day by suggesting that even the dead would be proud of HIS accomplishments.  How about treason?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy Memorial Day! Those who died for our great country would be very happy and proud at how well our country is doing today. Best economy in decades, lowest unemployment numbers for Blacks and Hispanics EVER (& women in 18years), rebuilding our Military and so much more. Nice!

8:58 AM - 28 May 2018
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VoteVetsVerified account @votevets

 

This is the most inappropriate #MemorialDay comment that a @POTUS has ever made.

Self-promotion on a day to remember the fallen, and wishing those remembering their deceased loved ones a “happy” holiday is appalling.

#CadetBoneSpurs

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Happy Memorial Day! Those who died for our great country would be very happy and proud at how well our country is doing today. Best economy in decades, lowest unemployment numbers for Blacks and Hispanics EVER (& women in 18years), rebuilding our Military and so much more. Nice!

8:58 AM - 28 May 2018
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VoteVetsVerified account @votevets

 

This is the most inappropriate #MemorialDay comment that a @POTUS has ever made.

Self-promotion on a day to remember the fallen, and wishing those remembering their deceased loved ones a “happy” holiday is appalling.

#CadetBoneSpurs

I don't see the Trump brand condolences card business taking off any day soon.  Zero empathy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too Bad Jakie is trying to turn his own Memorial Day thread into one of trying to make believe that cowardly, service avoiding Trump actually respects those who died in service to America and those who serve in the military today.  For shame.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TheCid said:

Too Bad Jakie is trying to turn his own Memorial Day thread into one of trying to make believe that cowardly, service avoiding Trump actually respects those who died in service to America and those who serve in the military today.  For shame.

And you and others will have a field day if he DIDN'T visit Arlington.  GIVE ME A BREAK!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hamradio said:

And you and others will have a field day if he DIDN'T visit Arlington.  GIVE ME A BREAK!!!

trump got the break, he was able to go because it wasn't raining. LMREO

I've never seen a man of his Advanced Age so concerned about his hair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, hamradio said:

And you and others will have a field day if he DIDN'T visit Arlington.  GIVE ME A BREAK!!!

No, the problem is that Jakie is trying to portray his hero Trump as something he is not.  There is no reason why Jakie had to post two videos of Trump visiting Arlington.  His first post of the Memorial Day Tribute video would have been sufficient, but he tried to politicize it into a pro-Trump thread.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, jakeem said:

By timing the pardons around a holiday that honors the military, Trump appears to be positioning his move as a show of support to the armed forces.

But in reality, “This isn’t a gift to the military," one expert says. "This is red meat for his base.”

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2019/05/trump-war-crimes-pardon-military-impact/

TrumpIraq.jpg?w=990

 Does this sort of Aberrant Behavior really show respect or support for the military?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Princess of Tap said:

 Does this sort of Aberrant Behavior really show respect or support for the military?

As a veteran with 26 years of service and two wars, I say NO!  

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NBC4 just showed what's called the "Sea of Flags" in Clifton, NJ.

On Memorial Day, Flag Day, Independence Day, the September 11 anniversary and Veterans Day, volunteers plant flags on the lawns of Clifton's sprawling municipal complex, each bearing a nameplate identifying a local vet, living or deceased.

132469535.jpg

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us