Sign in to follow this  
JakeHolman

MEMORIAL DAY

137 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, JakeHolman said:

US army veterans

I wonder what they would say about the rise of right wing dictatorships around the world?  And old bonespurs ... is he thinking they were all chumps?

6U4V4FPNTRDKZKWGGPPOJCFVAY.jpg

I'm angry because my father's generation all fought to rid of this evil and it is making a comeback.

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

Democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg said “there is no question” that Donald Trump faked an injury to avoid serving in the Vietnam War

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/05/26/buttigieg-trumps-fake-injury-1345025

pzIER5m3?format=jpg&name=600x314

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

The saddest thing I’ve read today is family members expressing gratitude their military relative did not live to see Trump as president.

The ultimate sacrifice men and women have made in service to our country demands each of us to honor their memory by supporting democracy and fighting for justice every single day.

And supporting the Constitution the rule of law in the United States of America.

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

Got to say this again: While I vastly admire Japan, it is bizarre for a US president to be there on Memorial Day, when we honor, among others, tens of thousands of Americans who died fighting Japan in WWII. If Obama had done this, American right-wingers would’ve gone ballistic.

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

From May 28, 2016:

Does President Obama ever discuss the sneak attack on Pearl Harbor while he's in Japan? Thousands of American lives lost. #MDW

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

Brian Klaas Retweeted Donald J. Trump

On Memorial Day weekend, 3 years ago, Trump criticized Obama for not discussing “the sneak attack on Pearl Harbor while he’s in Japan.” I wonder if a journalist might want to ask him whether he’s going to bring it up now that he’s in Japan, as president, on Memorial Day weekend?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jakeem said:

A coin on a headstone lets the deceased soldier's family know that somebody stopped & paid respects. Penny: You visited. Nickel: You and the deceased soldier trained at boot camp together. Dime: Served together. Quarter: You were with that soldier when killed. #MemorialDay

D7kqiDSWkAU8MTP.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You have to really look hard for a war where the U.S. was defending itself against attack, so all

this hoo-hah about the military saving the country from losing our freedoms is really just a lot

of ahistorical nonsense. 

Leave a dollar and it means you needed change.

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Elizabeth WarrenVerified account @SenWarren 7h7 hours ago

On #MemorialDay, we remember the brave women and men who made the ultimate sacrifice for our country.

We honor them by following through on the promises we made to their families, and all those who serve.

D7k1FO_XkAIZ2EU.jpg

these feminist types are so petty they have to put women before men in a sentence.

that is an immature resentment of simple worldly reality.

20 hours ago, hamradio said:

People really cared about that horse. :lol:

horse-793x526.jpg

and I suppose all those who honor General Lee's horse are racists?

:huh:

49 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

and I suppose all those who honor General Lee's horse are racists?

:huh:

Surprised activist don't want Lee's lesser known horse Phantom's statue removed. :wacko:

(give it time)

phantom.jpg

26 minutes ago, jakeem said:

When President Trump delivered a Memorial Day speech to sailors and Marines, some wore patches with a likeness of Trump and the words “Make Aircrew Great Again." Images of the patches went viral, and the Navy soon found itself with a hornet’s nest.

Troops wearing patches that say “Make Aircrew Great Again” during President Trump’s visit Tuesday to the United States amphibious assault ship Wasp in Yokosuka, Japan, on Tokyo Bay.

26 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Nora Dunn Retweeted The New York Times

The taxpayers, and not Trump who paid no taxes, support the military and this sort of thing should not go on.

• Thanks 1

On 5/27/2019 at 10:07 AM, JakeHolman said:

Bin Laden was buried at sea. :angry:

1 minute ago, hamradio said:

Bin Laden was buried at sea. :angry:

One of our wonderful Beach Boys, drummer Dennis Wilson, was buried at sea.

And so was John F Kennedy Jr, his wife and her sister.