Sign in to follow this  
TopBilled

Gene Hackman as SOTM September 2016

29 posts in this topic

Thanks for sharing the link. 

We've had Robert Redford and now Gene Hackman. Time for TCM to feature an actress from the 70s & 80s as Star of the Month...preferably someone like Faye Dunaway, Sally Field or Julie Christie. 

Thanks for sharing the link. 

We've had Robert Redford and now Gene Hackman. Time for TCM to feature an actress from the 70s & 80s as Star of the Month...preferably someone like Faye Dunaway, Sally Field or Julie Christie. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Faye Dunaway gets a turn as Star of the Month in 2017, when TCM premieres her Live from the TCM Classic Film Festival interview.

• Like 1

I wouldn't be surprised if Faye Dunaway gets a turn as Star of the Month in 2017, when TCM premieres her Live from the TCM Classic Film Festival interview.

Fingers crossed. Faye Dunaway would be a great honoree. I almost mentioned Jane Fonda in my earlier post, but I'm not sure if she'd go over too well.

Keep an eye out for this: Robert Duvall has narrated a newly produced TCM tribute to his friend Gene Hackman. It's available now to TCM Backlot members and will premiere on-air on September 1, with several repeats thereafter throughout the month.

Duvall does a grand tribute to Gene Hackman and I'm glad TCM did this.  Lately many of the SOTMs have not had a separate tribute (as they used to) and have simply been "featured" among other special programming on the "This Month on TCM" promo. Wonderful insights into Hackman by a fellow actor and a friend.

• Like 1