Sign in to follow this  
rayban

Intriguing Photos Of Our Favs!

44 posts in this topic

Anthony Perkins and Orson Wells in the process of making one of the master's greatest films, "The Trial" -

orson-welles_anthony-perkins_le-proces.p

• Like 2

Your earlier photo of Welles & Perkins reminds they both appeared in Mike Nichols' CATCH-22.

• Like 1

Your earlier photo of Welles & Perkins reminds they both appeared in Mike Nichols' CATCH-22.

Jarrod, they did get around, they also appeared as father and son in Claude Chabrol's 1971 thriller, "Ten Days' Wonder".

ten-days-wonder.jpg

• Like 1

Jarrod, they did get around, they also appeared as father and son in Claude Chabrol's 1971 thriller, "Ten Days' Wonder".

ten-days-wonder.jpg

Haven't seen it. Looks like something I'd enjoy, too.

• Like 1

NATALIE WOOD & TAB HUNTER (Co-stars and friends) -

Wonder who the odd-looking guy is just behind Natalie.

• Like 1

Rayban, I love your photos.  I'm intrigued by the picture of Crawford and Nader.  It looks like it might have been at a primiere.

• Like 1

I saw the documentary The Celluloid Closet yesterday on Decades.     Interesting look at how mainstream films dealt with (or didn't),   the topic of homosexuality.  

• Like 1

Rayban, I love your photos.  I'm intrigued by the picture of Crawford and Nader.  It looks like it might have been at a primiere.

Terrence1 -

From what I've read, she enjoyed the company of gay men.

Nevertheless, the both of them made a stunning couple.

I saw the documentary The Celluloid Closet yesterday on Decades.     Interesting look at how mainstream films dealt with (or didn't),   the topic of homosexuality.  

jamesjazzguitar -

Yes, "The Celluoid Closet" - both book and documentary - is fascinating -

Homosexuality was often dealt with in the personality of the actor - like Eric Blore or Franklin Pangborn.

Or, if it had to be dealt with, it would be obliquely or suggestively - like in the famous scene from "The Picture of Dorian Gray", in which Dorian is visited by - a former male lover, whom he eventually kills.

jamesjazzguitar -

Yes, "The Celluoid Closet" - both book and documentary - is fascinating -

Homosexuality was often dealt with in the personality of the actor - like Eric Blore or Franklin Pangborn.

Or, if it had to be dealt with, it would be obliquely or suggestively - like in the famous scene from "The Picture of Dorian Gray", in which Dorian is visited by - a former male lover, whom he eventually kills.

Did you ever see "Penny Dreadfull"? A great show if you like classic horror film and literature- Dorian Gray

• Like 1

Did you ever see "Penny Dreadfull"? A great show if you like classic horror film and literature- Dorian Gray

jaragon -

I saw the first season of "Penny Dreadfuf" - and I did enjoy that first season, too.

TROY DONAHUE & SUZANNE PLESHETTE -

622739414b328a36ece7b95ea89a1af9.jpg

Beautiful photo. Shame it didn't work out for them. Tom Poston was a completely different type of husband for her..!

• Like 1

Beautiful photo. Shame it didn't work out for them. Tom Poston was a completely different type of husband for her..!

They were both so gorgeous - and memorable - in "Rome Adventure".

Remember "Al-Di-La"?

12789_343415.jpg

• Like 3

TROY DONAHUE & SUZANNE PLESHETTE -

622739414b328a36ece7b95ea89a1af9.jpg

This was the most beautiful wedding. Believe it or not, Laugh-In's Arte Johnson was the best man.

As I can recall, the wedding was longer than the marriage.

• Like 1

This was the most beautiful wedding. Believe it or not, Laugh-In's Arte Johnson was the best man.

As I can recall, the wedding was longer than the marriage.

Only nine months, I believe, what could have gone wrong?

Surely, they had the time to get to know each other while they were filming Delmar Daves' "Rome Adventure".

Brandon de Wilde (as the unforgettable John Henry) in "A Member of the Wedding" -

dfd831ef707c949c1a2896fc9fd33dc0.jpg

• Like 2

Brandon de Wilde (as the unforgettable John Henry) in "A Member of the Wedding" 

That's hilarious! I love it.

• Like 1

Tommy Kirk and Tim Considine in their early days at The Walt Disney Studio -

hardyboys1.jpg

Shouldn't this one be in the innocent bygone days thread..? Not sure anyone rides their bike to the studio anymore! :)

• Like 1

Shouldn't this one be in the innocent bygone days thread..? Not sure anyone rides their bike to the studio anymore! :)

Jarrod -

It's a scene from their "The Hardy Boys" episode, which aired on "The Mickey Mouse Club". 

• Like 1