Sign in to follow this  
Mitchell_Hundred

Dogs in World War One

4 posts in this topic

Okay, so I was wondering if anybody could identify a film (20 minutes, maybe half an hour in length) that I saw on TCM a few years ago. It's a black and white talkie, probably from the '20s or '30s, about dogs fighting World War One. And to be clear, I'm not talking about dogs fighting alongside humans. I'm talking about anthropomorphized dogs fighting as though they were humans, doing all the things that humans did. They walk on their hind legs through some kind of proto-stop motion, and are dubbed with human voices. It is one of the most incredible movies I've ever seen, and for the life of me I can't remember the title or find any recordings of it online.

It may be So Quiet on the Canine Front, one of the Dogville shorts from MGM.

There's a Short Films section a little further down on the Genre message boards. There are a few short film experts that can give you a lot more info, I'm sure.

• Like 2

It may be So Quiet on the Canine Front, one of the Dogville shorts from MGM.

There's a Short Films section a little further down on the Genre message boards. There are a few short film experts that can give you a lot more info, I'm sure.

At first I though you were cracking wise and that isn't nice to do to newbie  (I have been told since I did it and got nasty PM).

But as usual you're a class act and helped someone out.