Sign in to follow this  
rayban

Those Innocent, Bygone Days!

49 posts in this topic

That's a trick question, right? LOL

 

That is a tough question.    To me each of these two fit the mode of a certain type of female beauty.    Where one lands provides insight.

 

I lean more in the Corday direction. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is a tough question.    To me each of these two fit the mode of a certain type of female beauty.    Where one lands provides insight.

 

I'm lean more in the Corday direction. 

And Mara Corday became more of a name, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, she had a lot of personal demons and any guy she married was not going to be able to stay with her very long. She was a wonderful, dynamic presence in movies-- but she was a tortured soul. If you watch a picture she made with Jeff Chandler, THE TATTERED DRESS, she does this incredible scene where she is on the witness stand and collapses on to the floor. I do not think that was acting. The way the rest of the cast reacts to her, you can see they are very concerned.

 

Such a sad end.  She once drove into that restaurant Jan's, which is still there in LA.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

As Al Jolson says "Boys will be boys". I like the repeating El Brendel scene with the guy dressed as a "jungle queen". It is so wrong on so many levels. A lot of stereotyping that hadn't changed even as late as the 1970s.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As Al Jolson says "Boys will be boys". I like the repeating El Brendel scene with the guy dressed as a "jungle queen". It is so wrong on so many levels. A lot of stereotyping that hadn't changed even as late as the 1970s.

The "jungle queen" is from "Just Imagine" (1930) a sci-fi musical comedy featuring a trip to Mars

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The "jungle queen" is from "Just Imagine" (1930) a sci-fi musical comedy featuring a trip to Mars

 

I remember watching portions of it on TV in the late seventies and wondering how fast the technology would be by that all-important year of 1980 when it was set.

 

Amusing publicity still from that movie: El Brendel just can't distract boys' attention from each other.

 

04-justimagine-cast.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is so much easier just going to a "clothing optional" beach, since that is likely the only public place where those two won't get rejected. At least you won't get tan lines. Just don't get burned anywhere too sensitive.

More in tune with "those innocent bygone days" is this Jeff Sessions spoof on 1890s swimwear. Sorry to get political, but it still fits in with the thread.

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jlewis said:

Better yet. How about a history lesson from 2015? Was this posted on these threads before?

 

Very entertaining, thanks so much!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, rayban said:

My best to the guy who can pull this one off -

SHOWERSMILE-Brand-Borat-Mankini-Green-Be

These are from the innocent and bygone days of porn?:rolleyes:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jaragon said:

These are from the innocent and bygone days of porn?:rolleyes:

In thinking about old-fashioned bathing suits, I was just pinpointing the near-nothingness of today's bathing suits.

brave-person-brand-gay-men-swimwear-swim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The whole problem with skimpy outfits is twofold:

1.) The primary places where you can wear them are the same places where you can also wear nothing (much more comfortable than a rubber band around your "junk"). Anywhere you must wear clothes, these aren't considered "enough clothes" for the prudish sharing the same public beaches and pools.

2.) Contrary to what Hollywood and Pornhub teaches you, the majority of Americans do not look like they just stepped out of a gym and, therefore, hardly feel "sexy" in these skimpy outfits like the models showing them off.

With Number 2 in mind, I do think it is very healthy for everybody to visit a nude beach, bath house, sauna or nudist group at least one time, simply because you are destined to see somebody sporting a body just like yours including, for the men, all sizes "down under" and, for the ladies, all sizes "high up"... and, for everybody, all sizes in the "back end". You suddenly realize that so much about your physical appearance that worries you is really in your mind. While there will always be those who are more muscular and glamorous than you (and, yes, they will be strutting and hoping they are center stage even though they will get old and lumpy like the rest of us eventually), there will also be many who are fatter and scrawnier than you as well.

 

Don't ask me why I was motivated to add this clip...

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jlewis said:

The whole problem with skimpy outfits is twofold:

1.) The primary places where you can wear them are the same places where you can also wear nothing (much more comfortable than a rubber band around your "junk"). Anywhere you must wear clothes, these aren't considered "enough clothes" for the prudish sharing the same public beaches and pools.

2.) Contrary to what Hollywood and Pornhub teaches you, the majority of Americans do not look like they just stepped out of a gym and, therefore, hardly feel "sexy" in these skimpy outfits like the models showing them off.

With Number 2 in mind, I do think it is very healthy for everybody to visit a nude beach, bath house, sauna or nudist group at least one time, simply because you are destined to see somebody sporting a body just like yours including, for the men, all sizes "down under" and, for the ladies, all sizes "high up"... and, for everybody, all sizes in the "back end". You suddenly realize that so much about your physical appearance that worries you is really in your mind. While there will always be those who are more muscular and glamorous than you (and, yes, they will be strutting and hoping they are center stage even though they will get old and lumpy like the rest of us eventually), there will also be many who are fatter and scrawnier than you as well.

 

Don't ask me why I was motivated to add this clip...

 

You like Kathy Bates?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, rayban said:

In thinking about old-fashioned bathing suits, I was just pinpointing the near-nothingness of today's bathing suits.

brave-person-brand-gay-men-swimwear-swim

Why even bother putting it on- I think a guy wearing a more modest suit is sexier- well except for Olympic swimmer and divers of course

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us