jdb1

Do You Know Me?

5,970 posts in this topic

No...my reign was silents into early talkies...

3. My personal life became a problem for LB Mayer...when his stars didn't behave according to his basic tenets, he punished. At the same time I had developed another talent that was welcomed by many of the biggest stars of the day. It was a talent that would sustain me for the remainder of my life.

Yes, I am William Haines. When LB Mayer ordered me to leave my lover and listen to his orders, I walked out and never looked back. My lover and I opened an Interior Design firm and thanks to many film folk, it was a success from the start, It remained so for the rest of our lives. Many Hollywoodites describe us as the most stable and successful marriage in Hollywood.

Now it's your turn...

?My life on screen and off has been anything but dull. I?ve done just about every kind of movie Hollywood put out and traveled all around the world in doing so. I gave a famous child actress her first on-screen kiss. (It wasn?t Shirley Temple.) I?m known for walking out on a play and have had a run-in with the bulls. I?ve been in war pictures, adventures, and some of those melodramas (now they?re really something else) with some very sexy ladies I?ve had the pleasure to work with. I?ve been on the right side of the law on a famous tv show, and, even as myself, I?ve helped to put away wanted criminals. I?ve even parodied myself in one of the 80s most memorable comedies. I?m proud to say I have broke a few records with my skeet shooting and that I was decorated with several ribbons in my three years in the U.S. Navy during WWII. I?m known to be a straight shooter and always on the move, and I think my varied performances show that I don?t take myself too seriously, and that I give great parties.?

?Who am I??

I am the character actor with a rhyming name, and one of olny two Hollywood actors to support segregationist, George Wallace's campaign for President in 1968. My Texas twang along with my deep, rough voice made me the perfect choice to do a voice over role for a cynical and sardonic animal in a series of films in the 1950s. My voice and accent also lead to my career in several westerns, playing the gruff good ol' boy type. One such role lead to an " Best Supporting Actor" Oscar nomination, but my blatant campaigning for the Oscar is said to have cost me the award. Who am I?

?I have had the great privilege of working with some of the biggest names in Hollywood and making some of my closest friends along the way. Even though, I was a part of some truly great movie musicals (my favorite being a reworking of Shakespeare), I?ve always played second fiddle and performed only one or two dance numbers. I didn?t get to knock ?em dead until I hit Broadway in the 70s , where I had the time of my life, and was known for my big hair. In my tap shoes, I could tap 500 taps per minute, and I was inducted into the International Tap Dance Hall of Fame in 2004. Some consider me one of the best tap dancers in the business, second only Eleanor Powell. I can claim that pantyhose was invented soon after I suggested that stockings could be improved. I said that I would never be in a movie where they show everything , but I made a picture about Hollywood near the end of my career, after much persistence by David Lynch. All I wanted was a chance to give all I had in me, and Broadway made people see me, as I really felt.?

?Who am I??

Are you - ANN MILLER?

(I haven't posted in a while because, for some reason(?), I couldn't post at all or could only

post once. So here goes.....)

?I am Ann Miller. Even though I made EASTER PARADE, ON THE TOWN, and other colorful musicals, my favorite is KISS ME KATE, a reworking of Shakespeare?s The Taming of the Shrew. But, I was in the spotlight and lovin? it, when I performed on Broadway. There is no thrill like being on stage in front of people and doing what you love best. I?m lucky to have been able to share with people my passion for life and the gifts God gave me.?

Your turn.

Thanks. Sorry I took so long.

I am married to a famous dancer and I appeared in an award-winning movie.