Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ValeskaSuratt

Members
  • Content Count

    458
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About ValeskaSuratt

  • Rank
    Advanced Member

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Not Telling
  1. > {quote:title=Bildwasser wrote:}{quote} > This is somewhat embarrassing, but a huge case of the clap > went around Tinsel Town just as 1930 began. Not challenging your facts, just curious: where'd you hear THAT ? (Ha ! I almost wrote "Where'd you pick that up ?")
  2. > {quote:title=LonesomePolecat wrote: > }{quote}Ever watch a movie and think "Man, I want that house"? OH, yes ! The Enchanted Cottage (1945) ... 2 bedrooms, 1 bath and free plastic surgery !
  3. > {quote:title=calvinnme wrote:}{quote} > I could write for days on the subject of film copyright and the convoluted mess that some films are in. While I'd hate to cost you several days of writing, I would be fascinated to hear you expound on this topic . . .I gather that Disney has spearheaded changes to copyright law in order to hold onto Mickey Mouse et al but I'd never heard about the rights saga of It's a Wonderful Life until reading this very informative thread. I've definitely never heard of a film going p.d. and then being "re-claimed" ! IAWL is hardly the only p.d. fil
  4. Great stuff, LonesomePolecat. (I assume he's named "Harpo" because he plays the harp and never talks ?) Cats in the movies have traditionally gotten a bad rap -- too often cast as villains like Mr. Fluffy-poo in The Incredible Shrinking Man (1957) the[/i]Incredible-Shrinking-Mancatindoorwaylarge.png] If big cats count, two of my favorites as a kid were Clarence, the Cross-Eyed Lion (1965) . . . . . . and Elsa the lioness in Born Free (1966). Another of my favorite cats (though only on TV, the feature-length movie featured Lee Merriweather).
  5. > {quote:title=SonOfUniversalHorror wrote:}{quote} > > {quote:title=ValeskaSuratt wrote:}{quote}Batman & Robin (1997) was only rated PG-13 and it should have been rated R. > Nonsense....Why? > And what does that have to do with "Ten Most Underrated Films of All Time" anyway? Whatever you say, dahling. :^0
  6. Batman & Robin (1997) was only rated PG-13 and it should have been rated R.
  7. *Lupe Velez & Gary Cooper, circa 1929* *"Hang On, Lupe . . . Lupe, Hang On"*
  8. > {quote:title=ValeskaSuratt wrote:}{quote}There's a marvelous documentary called Smoke and Mirrors: A History of Denial which describes the collusion that went on between America's tobacco industry and both the government and Hollywood to promote smoking. > > > > F'rinstance, when the "doughboys" were sent off to Europe during WWI, girls at the train stations handed out little "survival kits" which included cigarettes. Just came across this advertisement for the "Our Boys In France Tobacco Fund":
  9. > {quote:title=AddisonDeWitless wrote:}{quote} > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
  10. TomJH, If you've not already seen it, you might enjoy a fairly in-depth blogppost called "Errol Flynn: A Colourful Fragment in a Drab World" by Matthew Coniam at Movietone News: http://www.movietone-news.com/2011/02/errol-flynn-colourful-fragment-in-drab.html In light of your considerable knowledge about Flynn, I'd be curious to hear any opinions you'd care to share about it. > TomJH said: Perhaps even more than his films, I think that Flynn would have been knocked out by the fact that his autobiography is still on sale. Over a half century after his death his name sti
© 2021 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...