Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Most Romantic Couple

Guest TCMhost-Claire

well i like spencer tracy and katherine hepburne in adams rib they were a great couple because she was a lawyer like him and they were on a case togather and when he gets mad he always shout out the pet name "piggy" i think thats the name. and i like fred astair and ginger rogers in all their movies kant rember which one but i do and i also love audrey hephburne in sabrina she was also really good in the movie roman holiday .

Humm....not sure if you mean just romantic *comedies* or all romantic films. But since other people answered with a non-comedy, I will too!

And in that case, for me, there is only one answer to this question:

Charles Boyer and Irene Dunne in "Love Affair". Wow!

But if we are just talking comedies, then I'll have to go with Kate and Spencer in "Desk Set". They were just adorable in that film!

• 2 weeks later...

JUST WATCH AND LISTEN TO SPENCER TRACY, AT THE END OF THE MOVIE, " GUESS WHO'S COMING TO DINNER". THE MEMORIES ARE THERE. AND IF IT'S HALF,OF WHAT WE HAD, IT'S EVERYTHING. HEPBURN SITTING ON THE ARM OF THE CHAIR, CRYING. I BELIEVE THAT WAS REAL. NOT JUST ACTING. THEY TRULY LOVED EACH OTHER, ON AND OFF THE SET. THEY BOTH, PUT UP THEIR SALARIES, FOR THAT MOVIE. CAUSE OF SPENCER'S HEALTH. TOGETHER, PROFESSICALLY AND PRIVATE. HIS WORDS AND HER FACE, SAID IT ALL.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

That was definitely a moment of all screen moments when Tracy made those comments to his beloved Hepburn.It spoke of what the movie was about.But what about Merle Oberon and Lawrence Olivier in Wuthering Heights, now that was another great pairing.

Oh, I liked the Tayor and Hudson pairing. I liked Rock! He was like one of the last movie stars. Just like Monroe followed Harlow, and Taylor followed Lamarr, I think Rock Hudson follow Tyrone Power. Funny how the Forties were this transition period. I guess I could stick Lana Turner between Harlow and Monroe, and Ava Gardner between Lamarr and Taylor, but I don't know who to put between Power and Hudson! Did the Forties produce a beautiful man?

Anyway, back to romantic couples: Charles Boyer and Hedy Lamarr