Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Breathtakingly Beautiful

My top breathtaking beauty of the classic movie era would be Hedy Lamarr. She was striking.

Other Hollywood Sweater Girls who get my hormones working overtime are: Ann Sheridan, Elaine Stewart, Evelyn Keys, Joan bennet, Virginia Grey, Adele jergens, Paulette Goddard, Kay Aldridge, Taina Elg, Linda Darnell, Andrea Leeds, Carole Landis, Lana Turner.

i always thought that elizabeth taylor should've played bonnie blue butler in gone with the wind because liz taylor really looked like she could've been vivien leigh's real life daughter. that's why liz taylor replaced vivien leigh in elephant walk.

There are two problems with this scenario:

1: Taylor was already too old to play Bonnie by the time production on GWTW began, and

2: She hadn't yet come to the attention of studio talent scouts by the time GWTW was already finished and playing in theatres.

PS: The long shots of the Ruth Wiley character in ELEPHANT WALK done in Ceylon (now Sri Lanka) are of Vivien Leigh; they were filmed before she was replaced due to increasing mental instability. The footage of Taylor was shot to integrate with the takes of Leigh.

I think Judy Garland was very beautiful in 'For Me and My Gal', 'Presenting Lily Mars' and 'Girl Crazy'. I believe she was around twenty when these movies were made. I think her beauty was a combination of not only her eyes and smile, but also her singing and speaking voice, her warmness, and a special something. I also think that Linda Darnell and Rita Hayworth were very beautiful in 'Blood and Sand'.

So many to name.

My picks are:

1. Lana Turner

2. Tippi Hedren

3. Dorothy Dandridge

4. Audrey Hepburn

5. Merle Oberon

6. Lena Horne

7. Grace Kelly

8. Ingrid Bergman

9. Vivien Leigh

10. The girl who played Veda in Mildred Pierce (Her name escapes me)

11. and Liz Taylor

Message was edited by:

luvoldmoviez

I'm about to watch a vision of beauty, Maureen O'Hara in "The Quiet Man" on TCM.

She'll be herding the sheep on the emerald green earth of Ireland, with her flaming red hair....there she is now, gotta go.

• 2 weeks later...

RITA, takes my breath away. Every time I see her throw back her head in Gilda I think what a goddess she really was. Too bad Max Factor got at her lips - he sure ruined a good thing for a lot of actresses - all you could see coming was lips.

As a high-school girl I thought Ann-Margret was so beautiful, and I wanted to be like her so much, that I carried a photograph of her in my wallet.

Scarlett

Gene Tierney was naturally beautiful. She sure could get a man's attention.

On and off the screen, I'm sure. Gene could act to. She was talented.

Scarlett.......Glad to see you back on the boards.

• 3 weeks later...

what about kathleen turner,,,when she did ...'Body Heat'.....with willam hurt...in 1981...she was a vision....and it was before her arthritis set in..which made her look heavy later on in her career...also on my list are liz taylor,,when she made 'Cat on a hot tin roof',,,a 19 yr old lauren bacall, in her first film with humphry bogart called...To have and to have not. Also as honorable mention..rita hayworth.vivien leigh,a very young ann miller also...she was a good looking girl...and what legs...[although she didnt age as gracefully]..Ester willams...was as fine as they get...not to mention...ginger rogers...who did all the steps that astaire did...but backwards with heels on...now that was a beautiful and talented woman..And my favorite....jessica rabbit...from the cartoon movie................. Roger Rabbit...but thats an easy one..kathleen turner did her voice....gorgeous and a sexy voice...thats why i say kathleen turner..she had both...what good is a beautiful woman..if she sounds like edith bunker....lol....thanks for listening...matt slauter.

Classic Beauties:

Elizabeth Taylor, Marlene Dietrich, Greta Garbo, Norma Shearer, Loretta Young, Grace Kelly, Robert Donat, Ramon Novarro, young Marlin Brando, Vivien Leigh

Modern Beauties:

Brendan Frasier, Beyonce Knowles, Kiera Knightly, Johnny Depp, Tupac Shakur(yes, I realize he was a rap star) Kate Winslet, Halle Berry, Naomi Watts and though it pains me to say it, Angelina Jolie

Gratuitous weirdness: There's a site on the web that seriously speculates that Halle Berry is the current incarnation of Dorothy Dandridge

• 2 weeks later...

These are my favorites (remember, I'm a fellow, so if you disagree with

any on my list, c'est la vie - I'm a fellow!!!):

MARILYN MONROE (IN CAPS, WITH STARS ALL AROUND, PLEASE!!!)

Marilyn Monroe (She was so nice, got to say it twice!!!)

Halle Berry

Dorothy Dandridge

Jane Russell (Killer as a brunette, serial killer as a blonde!!!)

Mariah Carey (Thanks for Shake it Off - Mercy!!!)

Hedy LaMarr (Somebody call the police!!!)

Lana Turner (The Merry Widow - I rest my case!)

Raquel Welch

Sophia Loren (Carlo, you're the man!!!)

Diana Dors

Jayne Mansfield

Elizabeth Taylor

Elena Verdugo

Jayne Kennedy

Ava Gardner (In the Killers, you'd have to call the police for this one!!!)

Jasmine Guy

Anita Ekberg

Gina Lollabrigida (Sorry for any misspelling!)

Carol Landis

Jennifer Lopez

Nancy Kwan

Susan Kohner

Paula Abdul

Thelma Todd

Relax - this is just a list of favoirtes, so please don't call the police about

the list or the comments!

Hope you enjoyed reading it and have a good one!!!

>For a moment her beauty

> takes your breath away and your heart skips a beat.

> Who is she?

Rita Hayworth

Greta Garbo

Ava Gardner

Lana Turner

Sophia Loren

Grace Kelly

Audrey Hepburn

Kim Novak

Raquel Welch

Catherine Deneuve