Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to the Classic Film DVD Reviews

" I Wake Up Screaming " is one of my favorite DVD's. It is available from Fox. I purchased it from Amazon. The Fox DVD is well worth the price. The commentary is excellent and the DVD picture quality is equally fine. 5 *****

Yellow Sky a William Wellman directed Western from 1949 is an excellent, but not one of my all time favorite films of the genre. Peck, Widmark, and Ann Baxter are all fine.Evem though I would have preferred a sexier leading lady. One flaw with the DVD, rare for a Fox release, no commentary. I am waiting for " The Gunfighter ", also starring Gregory Peck to be released by Fox. " Yellow Sky " 4 ****

I'm thrilled that TCM gave us a forum for this. If I'm not recording movies, I'm buying them. Thanks for requsting this kind of thread, filmlover.

I'm just wondering if it's okay to make a new thread to list upcoming releases. I know people start them in the General Discussion threads, but it would be nice to have all dvd related items in one spot.

Also, are we supposed to post the reviews in this thread or can we start new threads for dvd's by studio? (WB, Fox, Criterion, Paramount, etc.)

I'm in love with organizing things and it spills over into my online postings. Plus I don't want to make a "mess" out of this forum when it's brand new.

• 4 months later...

When you review a DVD, please post it under the applicable thread here (Drama, Film noir, Science Fiction, etc.)

If you have info about someting about to come out on DVD, post it in the Upcoming Releases thread.

Thanks.