Find results that contain...
Find results in...

> The JULIE CHRISTIE ICON COLLECTION has been

> announced. The films include: DARLING, FAR FROM THE

> MADDENING CROWD, BILLY LIAR and THE GO-BETWEEN. The

> bad news is that this one is available only for those

> who can play R2 releases. At present only DARLING is

> available on R1.

Billy Liar is available as a Criterion DVD.

On May 22, Fox will be releasing three films under their Marquee Musicals line: Can-Can, On the Riviera, and Pigskin Parade.

With the latter being released, that only means that there are only 6 more Judy Garland films to be released- Thoroughbreds Don't Cry, Listen Darling, Little Nelly Kelly, Everbody Sing, Broadway Melody of 1938, and A Child is Waiting. :)

"With the latter being released, that only means that there are only 6 more Judy Garland films to be released- Thoroughbreds Don't Cry, Listen Darling, Little Nelly Kelly, Everbody Sing, Broadway Melody of 1938, and A Child is Waiting."

Glad to hear Pigskin Parade is finally being released! I caught it once on VHS 10 years ago. When are The Pirate, Girl Crazy, Life Begins for Andy Hardy, Andy Hardy Meets Debutante being released on DVD? Or have they already been?

-The Pirate is coming later this year in Classic Musicals Collection, Vol 4.

-Babes in Arms, Babes on Broadway, Strike Up the Band, and Girl Crazy will be released in a Garland/Rooney set this year.

-All the Andy Hardy films will be in a slimline boxed set either this year or in 2008.

Who can participate in the online chat? Where do you go online?

Also, would anybody here have any idea what might be holding up the release of some of Vincente Minnelli's later movies, like The Cobweb, The Reluctant Debutante, Two Weeks in Another Town and The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse?

See Hometheatreforum.com for info. Anyone can participate if you sign up. I heard that FOUR HORSEMEN will be released as part of a Glenn Ford boxset. No info about the other two Minnelli films including TWO WEEKS IN ANOTHER TOWN.

Cinemascope, 1) Go to digitalbits, 2) on left, click on DVDdiscussion, 3) this should lead to Hometheaterform.com, 4) scroll down to middle of page and you will see box that announces upcoming forum, 5) click on box for info.

> Ball of Fire is being released by MGM/Fox on 5/22.

> List price is 19.98, so maybe with extras. 2 other

> Gary Cooper titles released on that day with that

> price are Casanova Brown and The Wedding Night.

More and more marvelous news!!

With regards to the individual Bond movies now being available on DVD, I got suspicious when I saw one place selling them today for about $6.99. It turns out that the individual titles out now are single DVDs, instead of the 2-DVDs for each movie in the boxsets. So it means you do not get the extra features. My advice is buy the Ultimate boxsets.

I think it was known since last December that when the movies got re-packaged for individual sale, they wouldn't include any of the extras.

There's a good chance the Bond movies will be out on an HD format in the near future, so depending each person, some might just want to skip the standard-definition DVD and wait for the high-definition version.