Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well, here is one that poses the question, "Why?" Coning to DVD for the first time - and even to Blu-ray - "Ishtar". Somebody over at Sony there must really be on drugs or something. So many great films that could be done.

Well, it has been announced as upcoming several times, but now Kino has "officially" made the announcement of the release of the 147-minute *Metropolis* on DVD and Blu-ray for Nov. 16. It will use the original score, played by Rundfunk Symphony Orchestra in Berlin.

The special features of the Blu-ray include:

Voyage to Metropolis, a 50-minute documentary on the making and restoration of the film (in HD)

Interview with Paula Felix-Didier, curator of the Museo del Cine, Buenos Aires, where the missing footage was discovered

2010 re-release trailer

4926503012_65666a77f2_m.jpg

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=5036

Personally, I feel the extras seem skimpy on the release of such an important film. I may just wait for the Eureka release that I mentioned way back when: http://www.metropolis1927.com/#home

And as just a footnote (which is all the space it deserves), *The Wiz* is coming out on Blu.

classicflix mentions that VCI has announced an upcoming DVD release date of Nov. 9th for I'll Be Seeing You.

Special features include a pilot episode for the unsold The Ginger Rogers Show, plus an interview with Rogers and some trailers of other VCI films.

LOL, the cover is typical subtle VCI:

4930397320_b05ab7d1f6_z.jpg

http://www.classicflix.com/seeing-november-special-price-a-799.html?osCsid=68ef8d24a334e2903e8270792267740b

Kino's announced "Fantomas - The Complete Saga":

4930873254_149ab5dac6_m.jpg

This 3-DVD Collection includes:

*Fant?mas in the Shadow of the Guillotine* (1913, 54 Min.)

*Juve vs. Fant?mas* (1913, 62 Min.)

*The Murderous Corpse* (1913, 90 Min.) * *Fant?mas vs. Fant?mas* (1914, 60 Min.)

*The False Magistrate* (1914, 71 Min.)

Extras include:

Two audio commentaries by film historian David Kalat

Two rare Feuillade films: *The Nativity* (1910) and *The Dwarf* (1912)

Louis Feuillade: Master of Many Forms, a ten-minute documentary

Gallery of Fant?mas images

Street date is September 21, 2010.

4932926967_6acfde8ae2_m.jpg

Disney has just officially confirmed the Blu-ray Disc release (and DVD re-release) of *Fantasia* and *Fantasia 2000* on 11/30. You'll be able to buy a 4-Disc Blu-ray Special Edition (SRP $45.99) and a 2-Disc DVD Special Edition (SRP $39.99). Each will include both films. Let's start with the DVD, which will include Fantasia (fully restored) on one disc, and Fantasia 2000 on the other. Extras on the DVDs will include the *Musicana* and *Disney Family Museum* features, along with audio commentaries. Both of these discs will also be included in the 4-disc Blu-ray, which will add a Blu-ray version of each film. Exclusive features on these Blu-rays will include the *Dali & Disney: A Date with Destino* documentary, the long awaited *Destino* film itself, The Schultheis Notebook, Disney's Virtual Vault (BD-Live), an Interactive Art Gallery and DisneyView.

Edited by: filmlover on Aug 27, 2010 7:51 PM

The Films of Rita Hayworth DVD boxset coming November 2nd from Sony:

Cover Girl (1944), Tonight and Every Night (1945), Gilda (1946), Salome (1953), Miss Sadie Thompson (1953)

Extras:

Baz Luhrmann on Cover Girl

Introducing Miss Sadie Thompson with Patricia Clarkson

Patricia Clarkson on Tonight and Every Night

Commentary with Author/Filmmaker Richard Shickel

4942346316_8705dbf6fe.jpg

lol, I wonder If that cigarette will reduce sales?

there appears to be another intro by Martin Scorsese.

finally Sony is getting into gear with this (and just in time for my birthday), there must have been speculation about it for years by now. Gilda is a staple, but a re-release nonetheless, but fortunately for me, none of the re-releases will be an overlap in my collection. i'm really excited about Miss Sadie Thompson, which i had the privilege of seeing a few years ago in the original 3D.

4944714165_cd120365b1_z.jpg

Fox has officially announced *The Sound of Music* for Blu-ray release on November 2...restored and remastered with 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio sound, will be presented in a three-disc (2 BDs, 1 DVD) combo edition, and also in an individually numbered Limited Collector's Set.

Special Features:

Limited Edition Collector?s Set

2-Disc Blu-ray with all extras as detailed below

Standard Definition DVD

45th Anniversary Soundtrack

100-Page ?My Favorite Things? scrapbook

Snapshots from Salzburg

Reproduction of the original 1965 Souvenir program

Exclusive ?My Favorite Things? Music Box with letter of authenticity

Blu-ray Details: Blu-ray Disc 1:

Feature Film Remastered in 1080p Hi-Def with 7.1 DTS-HD Sound

Your Favorite Things: An Interactive Celebration ? All-New Immersive Viewing Experience with Behind-the-Scenes Images, On-Screen Lyrics, Trivia Track and Location Quiz

Music Machine Sing-Along

Audio Commentaries with Julie Andrews, Christopher Plummer and Director Robert Wise

BD-LIVE**: Live Lookup? Powered by IMDb?

Blu-ray Disc 2:

Musical Stages: Creating The Sound of Music ? All-New Interactive ?Backlot Tour? with In-Depth Featurettes on the Songs, the Stage Show & Movie, the Film and Sound Restoration and the Real-Life von Trapp Family

A City of Song ? Virtual Map of Filming Locations in Salzburg, Austria

Vintage Rodgers & Hammerstein and The Sound of Music Programs

Screen Tests, Rare Treasures, Interviews, Photo Galleries & More!

DVD Disc:

Feature Film In Standard Definition

Newly Remastered Picture and Sound

Optional Sing-Along Track

Music Machine Sing-Along

The Sound of Music Tour ? A Living Story

Edited by: filmlover on Aug 31, 2010 9:56 AM

Sherlock, Jr./Three Ages (Ultimate Edition) get a Blu/DVD release from Kino get a Nov. 16th release date.

4946282021_62341b305d.jpg

Extras include:

_Sherlock Jr._

Music by The Mont Alto Motion Picture Orchestra in 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround (DTS on the Blu-ray) and 2.0 Stereo

Music by The Club Foot Orchestra

Vintage jazz score compiled by Jay Ward

15 minute documentary on the making of the film

Audio commentary by historian David Kalat

Stills gallery

_Three Ages_

Music arranged and directed by Robert Israel in 2.0 Stereo

Organ Score by Lee Erwin

Piano score

Man?s Genesis (1912): A nine-minute excerpt of the D.W. Griffith prehistoric romance that inspired Keaton?s parody

Visual essay on the film?s locations by Silent Echoes author John Bengston

Three Ages re-cut as a trio of stand alone short films

http://www.classicflix.com/sherlock-three-ages-ultimate-edition-p-10270.html

*BLU-RAY*

If you're a musical lover then this is your week as Fox has announced _The Sound of Music_ for the format. This 45th Anniversary Edition can replace your 40th Anniversary Edition or your Five-Star Edition or whatever version you currently own. It will be available on DVD as well on Nov. 9.

Also coming to Blu-ray on Nov. 30 is _The Wiz_ from Universal, serving as another reminder that Michael Jackson is gone.

<ahttp://www.classicflix.com/images/sound_blu_layout.jpg>

The Sound of Music (Blu-Ray) - 45th Anniversary Edition:

*DISC 1:*

Audio Commentaries with Julie Andrews, Christopher Plummer and Director Robert Wise

Your Favorite Things: An Interactive Celebration - All-New Immersive Viewing Experience with:

Behind-the-Scenes Images

On-Screen Lyrics

Trivia Track

Location Quiz

Music Machine Sing-Along

BD-LIVE: Live Lookup Powered by IMDb

*DISC 2:*

Musical Stages: Creating The Sound of Music - All-New Interactive ?Backlot Tour? with:

In-Depth Featurettes on the Songs

The Stage Show & Movie

The Film and Sound Restoration and the Real-Life von Trapp Family

A City of Song - Virtual Map of Filming Locations in Salzburg, Austria

Vintage Rodgers & Hammerstein and The Sound of Music Programs

Screen Tests, Rare Treasures, Interviews, Photo Galleries & More!

NOTE: This is a Blu-Ray/DVD Combo Pack which contains the standard version on the 3rd disc. While that disc is not rentable, you may rent the standard version by clicking here.

*The Sound of Music (Blu-Ray) - 45 Anniversary Limited Edition Collector's Set*

*Everything in the above 3-disc set plus:*

Keepsake Box

All-New Hardcover 100-page "My Favorite Thins" Scrapbook

45th Anniversary Soundtrack

Reprint of 1965 Theatrical Souvenir Book

Exclusive Hand-Painted "My Favorite Thins" Music Box

And Much More!

I see it is going to take another PM to the WebAdmin to get CK off this area again. He even added a little about The Wiz today which I already did back on August 25th.

Update: They have removed his posts.

Edited by: filmlover on Sep 5, 2010 5:23 PM

On November 9th, Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment will release the Elia Kazan Film Collection, an 18-disc DVD gift set including A Letter to Elia and 15 of Kazan?s most acclaimed and noteworthy films. The full collection, in addition to the documentary, includes: A Tree Grows in Brooklyn (1945), Boomerang! (1947), Gentleman?s Agreement (1947), Pinky (1949), Panic in the Streets (1950), A Streetcar Named Desire (1951), Viva Zapata! (1952), Man on a Tightrope (1953), On the Waterfront (1954), East of Eden (1955), Baby Doll (1956), A Face in the Crowd (1957), Wild River (1960), Splendor in the Grass (1961), and America, America (1963). Of the collection, 5 films have never before been released on DVD: A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, Viva Zapata!, Man on a Tightrope, Wild River, and America, America. The Elia Kazan Film Collection will be available for $199.98 U.S. / $349.98 Canada.

I have most of these films, but like others am only interested in the 5 (especially TREE GROWS IN BROOKLYN) that have never before been released. Not going to shell out $200 for this set

On November 9th, Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment will release the Elia Kazan Film Collection, an 18-disc DVD gift set including A Letter to Elia and 15 of Kazan?s most acclaimed and noteworthy films. The full collection, in addition to the documentary, includes: A Tree Grows in Brooklyn (1945), Boomerang! (1947), Gentleman?s Agreement (1947), Pinky (1949), Panic in the Streets (1950), A Streetcar Named Desire (1951), Viva Zapata! (1952), Man on a Tightrope (1953), On the Waterfront (1954), East of Eden (1955), Baby Doll (1956), A Face in the Crowd (1957), Wild River (1960), Splendor in the Grass (1961), and America, America (1963). Of the collection, 5 films have never before been released on DVD: A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, Viva Zapata!, Man on a Tightrope, Wild River, and America, America. The Elia Kazan Film Collection will be available for $199.98 U.S. / $349.98 Canada.

I have most of these films, but like others am only interested in the 5 (especially TREE GROWS IN BROOKLYN) that have never before been released. Not going to shell out $200 for this set

Hoping FOX does some single releases on the previously unreleased films. Actually I checked and own only 4 or 5 titles in this set, so maybe if the price is right I would spring for the box.

Edited by: Edgecliff on Sep 8, 2010 12:16 AM