Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Independent distributors Olive Films have revealed that they are preparing a number of titles to be released on DVD and Blu-ray in 2014. Amongst them are: legendary director Abel Gance's J'accuse! (1938), Billy Wilder's recently restored Fedora (1978), an uncut version of Rainer Werner Fassbinder's The Stationmaster's Wife (1977), Douglas Sirk's Sleep, My Love (1948), Max Oph?ls' Caught (1949), and Leo McCarey's Good Sam (1948).

COMPLETE LIST

1. J'accuse! (Abel Gance, 1938)

2. Fedora (Billy Wilder, 1978)

3. The Stationmaster's Wife (Uncut Version) (Rainer Werner Fassbinder, 1977)

4. Caught (Max Oph?ls, 1949)

5. Betty Boop: The Essential Collection Volume Three

6. Betty Boop: The Essential Colelction Volume Four

7. The Pawnbroker (Sidney Lumet, 1964)

8. Stranger on the Prowl (Joseph Losey, 1952)

9. Sleep, My Love (Douglas Sirk, 1948)

10. Mr. Peabody and the Mermaid (Irving Pichel, 1948)

11. That's My Man (Frank Borzage, 1947)

12. I've Always Loved You (Frank Borzage, 1946)

13. Magnificent Doll (Frank Borzage, 1946)

14. Forever Female (Irving Rapper, 1953)

15. Up the Junction (Peter Collinson, 1968)

16. Home of the Brave (Mark Robson, 1949)

17. Johnny Come Lately (William K. Howard, 1943)

18. Flying Tigers (David Miller, 1942)

19. The North Star, plus the alternate shorter version Armored Attack (Lewis Milestone, 1943)

20. Operation Petticoat (Blake Edwards, 1959)

21. Distant Drums (Raoul Walsh, 1951)

22. Good Sam (Leo McCarey, 1948)

23. High School Confidential (Jack Arnold, 1958)

24. Love Happy (David Miller, 1949)

25. Sands of Iwo Jima (Allan Dwan, 1949)

26. South of St. Louis (Ray Enright, 1949)

27. Try and Get Me a.k.a The Sound of Fury (Cy Endfield, 1950)

28. So This is New York (Richard Fleischer, 1948)

29. Arch of Triumph (Lewis Milestone, 1948)

30. The Lost Moment (Martin Gabel, 1947)

31. Men in War (Anthony Mann, 1957)

32. The Other Love (Andr? De Toth, 1947)

33. Cauldron of Blood a.k.a Blind Man's Bluff (Santos Alcocer, 1970)

34. Beware, My Lovely (Harry Horner, 1952)

35. Outrage (Ida Lupino, 1950)

36. Dr. Terror's House of Horrors (Freddie Francis, 1965)

37. Man on the Roof (Bo Widerberg, 1976)

38. Adalen 31 a.k.a The Adalen Riots (Bo Widerberg, 1969)

39. Elvira Madigan (Bo Widerberg, 1967)

40. Raven's End (Bo Widerberg, 1963)

41. Ophelia (Claude Chabrol, 1963)

42. The World's Most Beautiful Swindlers (Claude Chabrol, Jean-Luc Godard, Ugo Gregoretti, Hiromichi Horikawa , Roman Polanski, 1964)

43. Guilty of Romance (Sion Sono, 2011)

44. Himizu (Sion Sono, 2011)

filmlover, some good titles here but I wish Olive prices were not so high especially with no extras. Not even a trailer. So I guess I will continue to be very selective in what I buy or wait for a good used price.

Kino's remastered 2-disc Blu-ray edition of Nosferatu will be released Nov. 12th.

Special Features:

Two versions of the film

Original German Intertitles (with optional English subtitles)

English Intertitles

Hans Erdmann's original 1922 score in 5.1 Surround or 2.0 Stereo

The Language of Shadows - a 52 minute documentary chronicling the early career of F.W. Murnau

A collection of clips and highlights from other F.W. Murnau films

Photo Gallery

Cohen Media Group will add to its Blu-ray catalog in November:

The Vivien Leigh Anniversary Collection - Nov. 19th

contains:

Dark Journey

Fire Over England

Sidewalks of London

Storm In a Teacup

D.W. Griffith's Intolerance - Nov. 5th

New from Universal's Vault Series:

China (1943) - Loretta Young, Alan Ladd, William Bendix,

This Day and Age (1933) - Charles Bickford, dir. by Cecil B. DeMille

Tillie and Gus (1933) - W.C. Fields, Alison Skipworth,

Back to God's Country (1953) - Rock Hudson, Marcia Henderson

Olive has pushed the release of both YOUNG AT HEART and CRY DANGER from October to January 2014.

And yes, did not expect anymore Universal Vault films since they seem to be sporadic in releasing much of their library. How about a Ray Milland collection.

Exciting news - those two rare Paramount precodes!

Though quietly released with with no fanfare Universal Vault seems to be opening the Paramount vaults at long last!

Lately it's been a disappointing MOD program with lots of re-issues and individual re-issues of box set titles so these are indeed unexpected and welcome.

Let's hope it's the beginning of a trend for the Paramount catalog.

(These films are part of) over 700 Paramount productions, filmed between 1929 and 1949, which were sold to MCA/Universal in 1958 for television distribution, and have been owned and controlled by Universal ever since. -IMDb

Criterions for December...no classics this time, but still a good film or two in here.

On December 3rd, the studio will release Elio Petri's Investigation of a Citizen Above Suspicion (1970) and Robert Altman's Nashville (1975). On December 10, the studio will release Martin Scorsese's World Cinema Project, a collection of six films, and Albert Maysles, David Maysles, Ellen Hovde and Muffie Meyer's Grey Gardens (1976).

Eureka in the UK will be releasing *Red River* on Blu-ray on Oct. 28:

Special Features:

?New high-definition 1080p presentation

?Original theatrical trailer

?Exclusive lengthy video conversation about Red River and Howard Hawks by filmmaker and critic Dan Sallitt, conducted by Jaime Christley, and shot by Dustin Guy Defa and James P. Gannon

?And more to be announced

?A booklet featuring the words of Howard Hawks, rare imagery, and more!

As with most of their releases, it will likely be locked to Region B. However, rumor has it that Criterion will be releasing this film on Blu here in the United States.

Its unlikely for FOX to release this title on BR. DVD-R is more likely. I am sure it would not sell well. I am still betting on MOTHER WORE TIGHTS for a BR release. And MOTHER had already been released on VHS.

Edited by: Edgecliff on Sep 28, 2013 7:02 PM

You're right - unlikely we'll see Diamond Horseshoe on blu (at least any time soon) but hope we get Mother Wore Tights soon. I think you meant previously on VHS - Diamond Horseshoe was about the only one that wasn't.

Edited by: farnsbarns on Sep 28, 2013 2:51 PM

A reminder that the Blu-ray digibook of The Big Parade comes out on Tuesday. Amazon's price at the moment is $19.59.

http://www.amazon.com/Big-Parade-Blu-ray-Book/dp/B00D9BNOKK/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1380444353&sr=1-1&keywords=thebigparade

The DVD version (no book) is $9.96

http://www.amazon.com/Big-Parade-King-Vidor/dp/B00D9BNONW/ref=sr_1_sc_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1380444307&sr=1-1-spell&keywords=thenigparade

Looks like Amazon pulled the listing of the release of JUMBO from the upcoming schedule of 10/8. Somehow, something was wrong since 10/8 is a Wednesday and new releases come out on Tuesday. No press info at all so its all quite strange what is happening with this title.

There are two different releases of Leni Riefenstahl's Triumph of the Will coming to Blu-ray.

One version will be available Dec. 16th:

Includes the original uncut version restored. The BONUS material includes the director's once lost film "Der Sieg des Glaubens" (1933), "Tag der Freiheit - unsere Wehrmacht" (1935) as well as film shorts such as "Die Kamera fahrt mit!" (The Camera goes Along, an excerpt of the director accepting the National Prize of Art and Science by Propaganda Minister Dr. Joseph Goebbels at the Reichsfilmkammer (State Film Chamber) in 1935, behind-the-scenes filming of "Triumph." There is also a poster and photo gallery. A special full color booklet is included as well as the original uncut soundtrack by Herbert Windt, the film's composer. An original 35mm film frame from the original is included in every limited Edition of the Bluray release.

However, the pre-order price is a whopping $99.98. $150 street.

http://stores.interfilmartentertainment.com/-strse-1/THE-RESTORED-BLURAY-LIMITED/Detail.bok

The other release of the title will be from Synapse and is scheduled for early in 2014. A formal announcement will be made sometime soon.