Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Here is something from Fox and Bette Davis

On April 8, Fox will release Hammer Films? 1965 psychological thriller, THE NANNY on DVD. The film stars Bette Davis in one of her best later-day roles, and also features an excellent cast including Wendy Craig, Jill Bennett and James Villiers. The film was directed by Seth Holt with a screenplay by Hammer vet Jimmy Sangster. The DVD will be anamorphic widescreen (1.85:1) and include extras. THE NANNY will retail for $19.98 individually but will also be available as part of Fox?s ?Bette Davis: Centenary Celebration Collection?, also including VIRGIN QUEEN, PHONE CALL FROM A STRANGER, HUSH...HUSH SWEET CHARLOTTE and ALL ABOUT EVE and will retail for $49.98.

Message was edited by: dsclassic

The Bette Davis set looks and sounds great! I saw "The Great Lie" a while back and I really enjoyed it. I'm also excited about "Easy Living" with Jean Arthur and Ray Milland and "The Major and the Minor" with Ginger Rogers and also Milland coming to DVD. At least Universal is releasing more Ray Milland films out of their vault. I can hardly contain myself.

~Donna :)

No news as yet about a second Faye set. I am still waiting the second volume of the Betty Grable Collection. Hopefully FOX will be making some release announcements shortly. The only box set that was unoffically announced by FOX recently was a BETTE DAVIS COLLECTION due for April.

First Warner and now Fox. Celebrating the year that would have been Bette Davis' 100th Birthday, 20th Century Fox** has announced an April 8th (her birthday is April 5th) release date for The Bette Davis Century Celebration Collection. Details are still sketchy, but we know that the titles will be: All About Eve (1950), Phone Call from a Stranger (1952), The Virgin Queen (1955), Hush, Hush Sweet Charlotte and The Nanny (1965). The set will retail for $49.98.

Individual titles will retail for $19.98.

Warner Home Video** has announced an April 1st release date for The Bette Davis Collection, Vol. 3.

The set will include The Old Maid (1939), All This, and Heaven Too (1940), The Great Lie (1941), In This Our Life (1942), Watch on the Rhine (1943) & Deception (1946). The 6 DVD set will be sold only as a complete set and will retail for $59.92.

Universal Studios** has announced an April 22nd release date for for it's next wave of Universal Cinema Classics promoted as Screwball Comedies. It doesn't get much better than this wave with some of Universal's best holdings: The Major and the Minor (1942), She Done Him Wrong (1933), Easy Living (1937) and Midnight (1939).

20th Century Fox** has announced a March 4th release date for 12 Angry Men - 50th Anniversary Edition. The DVD will retail for $19.98.

Special features appear to be a few featurettes: Beyond A Reasonable Doubt - Making 12 Angry Men and Inside the Jury Room.

Wow, I just can't tell you how glad I am that folks invited you down here.

Looks like we're in for plenty more copy & pasting.

**Universal Studios** has announced an April 22nd release date for for it's next wave of Universal Cinema Classics promoted as Screwball Comedies. It doesn't get much better than this wave with some of Universal's best holdings: The Major and the Minor (1942), She Done Him Wrong (1933), Easy Living (1937) and Midnight (1939). Consistent with the Universal Cinema Classics line bonus features are slim, but each does include an introduction by TCM Host Robert Osborne. Each DVD will retail for $14.98, but is available at Classicflix.com for only $10.99.

- http://www.classicflix.com/major-minor-done-wrong-easy-living-april-a-176.html

You left out Robert Osbourne!!