Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Classic '50s Sci-Fi set

For those of you, like me, who grew up on 1950s sci-fi movies here's a set you'll want. Universal has just put out THE CLASSIC SCI-FI ULTIMATE COLLECTION. It contains five films TARANTULA, THE MOLE PEOPLE, THE INCREDIBLE SHRINKING MAN, THE MONOLITH MONSTERS and MONSTER ON THE CAMPUS. It sells for $19.95 and , at least for now, is only available from Best Buy. It's a bare bones set. The only extras are trailers for the films, but that's just fine with me. Now, please pass the popcorn and don't call me for about seven and a half hours.

Good News! I've been waiting to see "The Monolith Monsters" in its entirety ever since my mom made me turn off the TV in the middle of it when I was six years old. All these years, I've been clueless as to what happens. Are all the movies in this set in their original aspect ratio?

Gerb, According the discs "Shrinking Man" is 1.78:1 and the rest are 1.33:1. Being it was the 1950s, they were still shooting a lot of films in full frame and then masking them down in the theatre so I don't think we've got a case of "pan & scan" here. Anyway, I thrilled to have them.