Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Johnny Doesn't Live Here Anymore

DebbiePinkney

Last night we watched Johnny Doesn't Live Here Anymore, which we had pvr'd since we couldn't watch it when it aired. After sitting through the entire movie, the pvr ended JUST at the point where they were about to reveal who Kathie married! Crazy!! Could someone PLEASE tell me who it was!?? 

Last night we watched Johnny Doesn't Live Here Anymore, which we had pvr'd since we couldn't watch it when it aired. After sitting through the entire movie, the pvr ended JUST at the point where they were about to reveal who Kathie married! Crazy!! Could someone PLEASE tell me who it was!?? 

Welcome to the boards, Debbie.

It's been awhile since I looked at this particular film. But you can usually figure these things out by looking at the opening credits. Was it James Ellison?

Okay, so... in the end there is a flash-forward to the future in which Simone Simon is living with three kids. They are having a dinner party and waiting for daddy to come home. Many of the characters from the film gradually come through the door, but none of them are daddy- not even James Ellison or William Terry! So who comes to the door next and turns out to be the actual father of the kids? Here's the punchline..... It's the judge that made Simone make up her mind, played by Alan Dinehart!

I'm kind of expecting someone to come on here and correct me on this, because I didn't see that one coming and almost don't trust myself.

(P.S, And, yep, I bet that's why he gets such high billing.)

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings