Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Favorite Female performers

I really like Anne Bancroft, I think she was underated and could be sexy, scary, and pull off any role, she even shined next to Monroe, she was hotter even though she was playing the everygirl role. Also , as much as I hate to admit it, Liz Taylor in Virginia Wolfe, and Taming of the Shrew, were fantastic works, I still think the woman is a flake, but I will give her the props she deserves. Any other suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...

After last week's Kay Francis' festival, l am having Kay Francis withdrawal problems. l need to see her movies more! Her exotic looks & voice carry her old, simple movies. My male instincts tell me Kay Francis needs to be on "The Essentials" or Star of the Month. To me, she was the best of the 1930's. Today, l saw "The Lady of Shangai" with Rita Hayworth. l still miss Kay. Am l wrong?

Skins1

Jessica Lange....Meryl Streep....Bette Davis.....Katherine Hepburn.....TIA CARRERA ( I don't care if you don't agree with that one ) Susan Haywood......Elizabeth Taylor.....Natalie Wood......Eileen Heckart.......Jean Simmons........Marilyn Monroe ( Who cares if she can't act! )........Tuesday Weld......Ava Gardner..........Hedy Lamarr.......Jayne Mansfield ( She was smarter than you think!)....Mamie Van Doren (What a sweater wearer in "High School Confidential")......Agnes Moorehead......Patricia Neal......Gloria Swanson.....Clara Bow ( Still a turn-on after all these years!).......Lee Remick.....Veronica Lake....Doris Day.....Lana Turner and plenty more where that came from!

Aftermath

Madeline Kahn, Cyndi Lauper, Ann Sheridan, Veronica Lake, Bette Davis, Barbara Stanwyck, Bette Midler, Diane Keaton, Betty Hutton, Claudette Colbert, Jessica Lange, Rita Hayworth, Betty Grable,Martha Raye, Joan Crawford, Rosalind Russell, Carol Burnett, Lily Tomlin, Myrna Loy, Carole Lombard, Jean Harlow, Gracie Allen, Bernadette Peters, Jill Clayburgh, Lucille Ball, Susan Hayward, Katharine Hepburn, Marlene Dietrich, Marilyn Monroe, Renee Zellweger, Ginger Rogers, Eve Arden, Christine Ebersol, Barbra Streisand, Natalie Wood, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Kim Basinger, MIchelle Pfeiffer, Cher, Susan Sarandon, Goldie Hawn, Moore, Valerie Harper, Cloris Leachman, Julia Roberts, Teri Garr, Irene Dunne, Jean Arthur, Greta Garbo, Norma Shearer, Olivia Dehavilland, Joan Fontaine, Jane Wyman, Dorothy Lamour, Joan Blondell, Paulette Goddard, Alexis Smith, Mary Astor, Constance Bennett, Joan Bennett, Ann Sothern, Donna Reed, Maureen O'Hara, Maureen O'Sullivan, Margaret Sullavan, Kay Francis, Linda Darnell, Eileen Brennan, Winona Ryder, Fanny Brice, Liza Minnelli, Judy Garland, Ann Miller, Ava Gardner, Jane Russell, Audrey Hepburn, Thelma Ritter, Lana Turner, Eleanor Parker, Stockard Channing, Catherine O'Hara, Geena Davis, Ellen Barkin, Helen Hunt, Jodie Foster, Madeleine Carroll, Betty Field, Gene Tierney, Julie Andrews, Jane Fonda, Ann-Margret, Joan Davis, Shelly Long, Kirstie Ally, Kathy Bates, Rita Moreno, Nicole Kidman, Julianne Moore, Meryl Streep, Angelica Houston, Dianne Weist, Charlize Theron, Ellen Degeneres, Marsha Mason, Louise Fletcher, Sissy Spacek, Ida Lupino, Cybill Shepherd, Kirsten Dunst, Christina Ricci, Scarlett Johannson, Mia Farrow, Alice Faye, Jennifer Jones, Ingrid Bergman, Lesley-Ann Warren, etc, etc, etc, etc so many more and theseare not in really any order. Well the first few of course are my all time favorites.

Ooh so many!

Ingrid Bergman, Myrna Loy, Greta Garbo, Doris Day, Bette Davis, Mae West, Claudette Colbert, Marlene Dietrich, Joan Crawford, Deborah Kerr, Simone Signoret, Hattie McDaniel, Catherine Deneuve, Gena Rowlands, Vanessa Redgrave, Ginger Rogers, Jean Simmons, Greer Garson, Judy Garland, Olivia de Havilland, Isabelle Huppert, Sandra Bullock, Annette Bening, Diane Keaton, Rosalind Russell, Emma Thompson, Maggie Smith, Judy Davis, Charlotte Rampling, Liv Ullman, Sandra Bullock, Nastassja Kinski, Geena Davis, Angela Bassett & Susan Sarandon.

Ginger Rogers- "Stage Door" and "Weekend at the Waldorf" won me over for good! She's my all-time favorite!

Rosalind Russell- Steals every film she's in; "The Women" is a good example of this.

Myrna Loy- So smart and sophisticated without being pretentious.

Katharine Hepburn- After seeing her on "Cavett", I thought she was...dull. But I still love her movies.

> IMHO, Barbara Stanwyck was, and will always be, the

> greatest, most talented actress to ever grace the

> silver screen.

Yes, Stanwyck was a wonderful actress. She could also dance--and I don't mean just kick her feet in the air and not lose her balance, I mean dance--and even sing, sort of, in a low register. It's fun to watch her singing and dancing in movies like Lady of Burlesque and Banjo on My Knee. A great all-around performer.

• 3 weeks later...

hedy lamarr, linda darnell, lana turner, susan hayward, bette davis, rita hayworth, jane russell, ida lupino, ann sheridan, mae west, greer garson, ethel merman, merle oberon, yvonne decarlo, olivia de havilland, gene tierney, joan crawford, veronica lake, dolores moran, and alexis smith.

Janet Margolin

Caroline Munro

Joan Collins

Louise Brooks

Catherine Zeta-Jones

Jennifer Lopez

Ursula Andress

Aliza Gur

Phoebe Cates

Jennifer Jason Leigh

Fay Wray

Olivia de Havilland