Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Favorite movie with and animal in it or Movie Starring An Animal

Mine would have to be The Thin Man Series I loved Asta especially when he see's that another dog has hanging around his mrs!

Also My Friend Flicka!

Also to make it more interesting ,if your a pet owner what do you have!

I have 6 parakeets

1 cockatiel

1 rabbit and 1 cat

two of the parakeet's name's are romeo and Juliet

Cockatiel Is Daffy

Cat is Tiger Lily

and the rabbit is Pretty baby.

Tiger Lily loves to try and sit on the key board when she wants attention!

goodness! i have to jump in on this one! i love asta as well... my favorite scene was in after the thin man when powell chases him around after eating the precious note thrown in with the stone...

i also have to say i've always thoroughly enjoyed the film homeward bound, not to be confused with the earlier, less enthusiastic incredible journey. my favorite in that was chance, given a voice by m. j. fox.

ok and are you ready?

cats: toby, furby, coal, liddy, and sugar

dogs: russell, shiloh, dixie, gracie, jeannie, and jewels

a fish named mr. monk.

a pig named miss piggy (naturally)

and a hamster named godfrey (lovingly referred to by me as "my man...")

bhf1940

"Son of Lassie" (1945) Peter Lawford. Laddie is the son of Lassie and he ends up in the army going behind enemy lines to deliver messages. He has to crawl on his belly while gun fire is all around him. Later Laddie appears to suffer post traumatic stress disorder and is going to be taken some where.....but manages to escape and find his way back to his remote village .

"The Three Lives of Tomasina" (1963) Disney movie about an orange tabby in a quaint English village.

"Meet The Parents" (2000) Robert Deniro, Ben Stiller. I loved Deniro's pampering of Mr. Jinx and the way the cat played such an important role through out the movie.

You pick are three great movies' It's been so long since I've seen The Three Lives Of Tomasina!

I loved Mr. Jinx did you see Meet The Fockers? Mr. Jinx was even funnier in that!

I have seen Son Of Lassie for the first time recently It had me in tears! I really liked it!

> How recent is the Film I haven't seen it advertised?

> It sounds like something I would enjoy! I'm a cat

> lover!

I think you would enjoy it; Duma is just adorable at the beginning of the film when he's just a baby!

I think it's independent, which is probably why it wasn't heavily advertised. I think right now you can catch it on pay per view, after that it will probably be on IFC, I would imagine.

Brad

I believe the boy in Duma was played by Alex Michaeletos. Campbell Scott is 45 years old now. You might recognize him from The Dying Gaul, which also came out last year; or Dying Young, a hit he shared with Julia Roberts; or maybe even Longtime Companion, one of the first narrative movie about AIDS.

i heard during the filming of the thin man series, powell nor loy were allowed to play with the dogs or pet them because they feared it would break the the bond between the animal and the trainer.

in fact asta was actually a series of dogs... one of which i hear bit myrna loy.

Well, I know about 50 other people must have said this already, But i LOVE lassie. Most likely because i have a collie myself! :). But I also loved the cheetah in 'Brining' up Baby". I think it was a cheetah, .... I'm really not sure! Its been so long since I watched it!

I had forgotten all about "The Three Lives Of Thomasina." I remember seeing it as a kid and crying my eyes out when Thomasina, well-you know. It did have a happy ending though, right? I've always been a cat lover. We recently adopted two kittens who were left mother-less. We have to hand feed them and they are a couple of little fighters. I'm exhausted, but totally thrilled, to have them in our family-which is now (lucky) 13!

I really enjoyed "Babe" and "Babe-Pig In The City" and "The Adventures Of Milo And Otis."

"That'll do, pig. That'll do."

> How recent is the Film I haven't seen it advertised?

> It sounds like something I would enjoy! I'm a cat

> lover!

I've just noticed in my TV Guide that Duma is on HBO today at 6:15 pm eastern.........and probably countless times throughout the month. Check it out if you can, I think you would enjoy it!

Brad

"Zenobia" is a nice film and very funny. Elephants are such extroadinary animals that I can't help but be in awe when I see one. "The Lion" was also a good film with William Holden. "Dunston Checks In" featured a cleavor orangutang and Paul Reubens was hilarious.

As far as pets go, here's my small list:

1 parakeet

goldfish

3 red eared sliders

1 dog

My iguana died two years ago and I miss having a lizard around.

Actually about a couple weeks ago, TCM had a Sunday afternoon of animal movies, which included International Velvet, Benji and Sounder, even though I think it's stretching it a little to call Sounder an "animal movie", it really didn't have much to do with the dog. All in all, TCM seems to be showing quite a few films starring animals lately : Born Free, The Yearling, Benji..........etc

• 1 month later...

I agree with The Thre Lives Of Thomasina , a really great film.

I also like and have rediscoved a little known film I found on ebay. You can never tell. About a dog that was murdered and comes back to life as a human along with the aid of an ex race horse philly the find out who delt out the foul play. very interesting and very good.

What about Rex Harrisons Dr Doolittle i never see that any more?

Bengi

All of the Thin Man Series with Asta

Toto the Wizaed of Oz( ever read the book I Toto?) Fabulous!!!!!!!! A quick read but It touched me so much it made me cry

I guess most are dogs and horses but i will keep thinking