Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trudy Kockenlocker

CaveGirl

Methinks that one of the best ways to get past the censors was epitomized by the film "The Miracle of Morgan's Creek" directed by Preston Sturges.

The part of TK was played of course by Betty Hutton, with wild abandon, so much abandon that she got pregnant and all she was wanting was to entertain the troops, but she went too far.

If you've seen the film you know what happens.

So name any other subversive films or character names that come to mind, in honor of Trudy.

• Like 1

A film I just saw, "Love Me Tonight" (1932).

Myrna Loys' character is referred to as a "nippomaniac".  It got by the Censors and into the film.  The intended word would be starred out on this board.

I wonder if that would make Steve McQueen a Zippomaniac due to his performance in that "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" episode called "Man from the South" I think.

Thanks, FL. I've seen that film but never noticed that pronunciation!

• Like 1

Methinks that one of the best ways to get past the censors was epitomized by the film "The Miracle of Morgan's Creek" directed by Preston Sturges.

The part of TK was played of course by Betty Hutton, with wild abandon, so much abandon that she got pregnant and all she was wanting was to entertain the troops, but she went too far.

If you've seen the film you know what happens.

So name any other subversive films or character names that come to mind, in honor of Trudy.

TRUDY KOCKENLOCKER - how did Preston Sturges get away with that name?

However, my all-time favorite from that all-too-famous James Bond flick is - **** GALORE!

And, let's not forget, that Lois Chiles achieved immortal fame in "Moonraker" as - HOLLY GOODHEAD!!

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings