Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Its not Betty Hutton..................

DickLindsay

well, I don't think it's fanny brice but I think you are  correct with your thought on Joyce Compton~!

The code on the lower right (1461) correlates to several films, one of them being HITCHHIKE TO HAPPINESS (made in 1945) and Joyce Compton is in it!  So, I'm still not sure about the woman on the left, but at least we have the title and one of the ladies!  Thanks slaytonf!

• 4 weeks later...

well, I don't think it's fanny brice but I think you are  correct with your thought on Joyce Compton~!

The code on the lower right (1461) correlates to several films, one of them being HITCHHIKE TO HAPPINESS (made in 1945) and Joyce Compton is in it!  So, I'm still not sure about the woman on the left, but at least we have the title and one of the ladies!  Thanks slaytonf!

Agree the one on the left is not Fanny Brice...disagree with Joyce Compton as the one on the right. Pretty sure that is Jean Arthur.

I don't know why there is still any debate.  It's already been mentioned.  The older woman is Maude Eburne.  The younger one is Joyce Compton in "Hitchhike To Happiness" (1945).  They play mother and daughter.  The movie starred Dale Evans.  

Maude Eburne

8maudeeburne.jpg

Joyce Compton

joyce-compton-the-awful-truth.jpg

Case closed! 

I don't know why there is still any debate.  It's already been mentioned.  The older woman is Maude Eburne.  The younger one is Joyce Compton in "Hitchhike To Happiness" (1945).  They play mother and daughter.  The movie starred Dale Evans.  

Maude Eburne

Joyce Compton

Case closed! 

I assume the reason the case wasn't closed was because some folks only read the last (top) post and therefore the 'guessing game' starts over with each new user to the thread.

Oh,  no,  since my post will 'push down' your post,   the guessing game could start all over again.  :blink:

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings