Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jjsmustang22

Pop Up Book With Gene Kelly

Does anyone know the song being played during the morning open with Gene Kelly dancing around the Eiffel Tower in a pop up book?

Was this music made for TCM or by an artist that the music can be purchased? I'm trying to find this for my dying father. Him and my mother just love this song.

Some nasty man replied that he knew the answer to my question but refused to answer because I posted my question in several forums. I did not know that was not allowed and I am very desperate to find this song for my dad. Please help!

My parents said it was an intro into several movies. I've seen it referred to as the "Morning Open".

Here is a link showing the scene:

Read the description - it gives s lot of detail by not enough for me to know if this was music made for TCM or a sample of an artist. If so, who and what song?

Thank you for responding and also for any help you may be! :-)

I believe it's archival music available for use in TV commercials and in movies. I've heard it in both. You might be able to find it if you check the musical credits for the 2006 remake of "The Painted Veil" with Edward Norton, Naomi Watts and Liev Schreiber. 

Sure sounds like a Benny Goodman tune to me, jjsmustang22. Wish I could tell ya more than that.

Also, sorry to hear of the reasons for your search here.

(...send my best to your ailing father and your mother...seems they did a good job of raising a caring and loving person)

• Like 1

My parents said it was an intro into several movies. I've seen it referred to as the "Morning Open".

Here is a link showing the scene:

Read the description - it gives s lot of detail by not enough for me to know if this was music made for TCM or a sample of an artist. If so, who and what song?

Thank you for responding and also for any help you may be! :-)

I believe it's written only for the Roll Film intro,  there is a thread on the Roll Film subject.

http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/33042-love-the-new-roll-film-intro/

Someone on Youtube is asking...

Here is another Roll Film intro with different music

A few years ago there was a commercial (forgot what it was) of a song people thought was part of a complete score - unfortunately that's all there were.

Most of the time the snippets used are leased as a "package" of stock music. That's why you'll often hear the same exact snippets in commercials or reality TV shows. Most are just unidentifiable modern segments created for "stock" use.

TCM used to lease "classic" snips that included the wonderful Chet Baker singing "Silver Lining" but that's been gone for years now. The intro you're speaking of with the pop up book does sound like a snippet of actual real music.

I second looking through Benny Goodman & Jelly Roll Morton popular tunes, that was a great suggestion.

Also appears in The Philadelphia Story! This song is playing on the radio in the scene where Katharine Hepburn and James Stewart dance after returning from C.K. Dexter Haven's house (after the party). I've tried Shazaming it, but it doesn't recognize the song. I'd also love to know the title!

Does anyone know the song being played during the morning open with Gene Kelly dancing around the Eiffel Tower in a pop up book?

Was this music made for TCM or by an artist that the music can be purchased? I'm trying to find this for my dying father. Him and my mother just love this song.

Some nasty man replied that he knew the answer to my question but refused to answer because I posted my question in several forums. I did not know that was not allowed and I am very desperate to find this song for my dad. Please help!

Posted the question in several forums?  So what?

I suppose if that jerk's dog was lost, he'd look for it in more than ONE PLACE, so what's HIS problem?

"Nasty man" is putting it TOO nicely if you ask me.

But good luck.  I hope you find what you're looking for.

Sepiatone

1 hour ago, Dale Guy Madison said:

Does anyone know how/ where to purchase the actual pop up book?

Dale, I could be wrong here, but I doubt that book was ever published for public consumption. 

I'll bet it was a one-off thing that was made exclusively by TCM's Art Department and for the sole purpose of filming this TCM intro.

(...it would be pretty cool to have one though, wouldn't it)

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Dale Guy Madison said:

I could have sworn when they had  a retail store in the Grove years ago it was available. Such a shame because I'd really like to have one of those books now

Well, like I said, I could be wrong.

Btw, are you speaking of The Grove shopping area located near L.A.'s Farmers Market?

(...bein' an old SoCal guy myself, I used to occasionally visit the place...loved the outdoor crepes restaurant there in the older Framers Market portion of it)

18 hours ago, Dargo said:

I'll bet it was a one-off thing that was made exclusively by TCM's Art Department and for the sole purpose of filming this TCM intro.

Correct. I know a special effects studio that made such props, located in Hollywood North. I was visiting a friend who worked there while he was making a similar nonsense prop for a Canadian TV movie channel.

Good news!

I have the answer for you!!

after using several online sound-recognition features and playing it to my computer’s microphone.  Took some hunting and attempting using multiple tools...but I have the answer!

The performer is Keith Nichols

Song is: “JellyS Blues”

You will find the song on Apple music.

You’re welcome. ;)

Mark Morgan in San Diego.

• Thanks 1