Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My sincerest apologies

jjsmustang22

My sincerest apologies to everyone. I am new to the message boards and did not know that you are only supposed to post in one forum.

My father is very ill and has limited time and I was desperate in my search for information so I posted in multiple forums. My father and mother have found such comfort in this sounds clip so I've made it my mission to find it for them but to no avail so far.

One nasty individual told me he knew the exact answer I was seeking but refused to answer because I posted in so many forums. Like I said I was desperate to obtain this information for my father.

So I apologize if I ruffled the feathers of other members. I did not know I was breaking a rule. Even if it is stated somewhere, I must have missed it. I'm sorry.

My sincerest apologies to everyone. I am new to the message boards and did not know that you are only supposed to post in one forum.

My father is very ill and has limited time and I was desperate in my search for information so I posted in multiple forums. My father and mother have found such comfort in this sounds clip so I've made it my mission to find it for them but to no avail so far.

One nasty individual told me he knew the exact answer I was seeking but refused to answer because I posted in so many forums. Like I said I was desperate to obtain this adding information for my father.

So I apologize if I ruffled the feathers of other members. I did not know I was breaking a rule. Even if it is stated somewhere, I must have missed it. I'm sorry.

Wow, who is this individual since I've been here for eons and had no idea that this was an ironclad rule.

What's the punishment? Being forced to watch "The Maltese Bippy" numerous times with no restroom breaks?

Try posting in this section where people are not so nasty.

Welcome!

• Like 1

One nasty individual told me he knew the exact answer I was seeking but refused to answer because I posted in so many forums. Like I said I was desperate to obtain this adding information for my father.

I was so taken aback by your post, JJSMustang the first time I read it, that I forgot to say how sorry I am to hear about your father.

What exactly do you mean by "sounds clip", that you say your mother and father enjoy, since someone here might be able to direct you to some?

I apologize in behalf of  the person in the other forum that was so vile to you, since perhaps they have never been taught any manners.

It wasn't me!

I actually answered in two of your threads but both were whooshed into the cornfield before your latest thread was responded to.

I hope your father recovers.

Kid, a lot of things have been ending up in the "cornfield" lately.

Do you think Anthony Fremont has been hired to check posts here?

• Like 1

Watch out, CaveGirl!

twilight-zone.jpg

Bette Davis Eyes on a kid are always scary, Lawrence!

I will say Anthony looks about the age of some who get positions as censors.

If I turn into a jack in the box later, it was fun here while it lasted.

All of my posts in different subject forums were deleted and I was sent a private message from an administrator warning me of my "recent activity". "Recent Activity" being posting the same question in different forums. Informing me that this was not permitted.

I'm looking for the song played in the morning into - a pop-up book with Gene Kelly dancing around the Eiffel Tower.

https://vimeo.com/17442819

Trying to find out if this song is just made for TCM's usage or is it made by an artist that we could purchase the whole song?

I am just so desperate to find this song for my father. It brings him comfort. He has a fatal lung disease called Pulmonary Fibrosis. The only hope is a lung transplant.

[..]

I just want to find this for my dad. Also for my mom and dad to enjoy while he's still here. :'(

Edited by TCMModerator1
inappropriate content

Guest TCMModerator1

Hello

I too would like to offer apologies for any rude, or inappropriate comments that might have been sent to you. That is not the image we wish to portray here on the TCM Message Boards. 

As you can see, the vast majority of our members are kind, and welcoming folks! 

The private message I sent you was not a 'warning' of any sort. It was only to inform you that you need not post in multiple forums, and that all but one of your threads had been removed. I'm sorry if my message was worded in a way that made you feel as though you had done something horribly wrong. 

Please feel free to have a look around, and post in any topic that interests you. If you have any questions, or concerns, the members here are great about helping one another, or you can always send me a PM. 

...Please feel free to have a look around, and post in any topic that interests you. If you have any questions, or concerns, the members here are great about helping one another, or you can always send me a PM. 

Yeah, well, in THAT case Mr. or Ms. Moderator, and seein' as how you're on "the inside" here, do YOU know or have a way to find out the title and recording artist of that little ditty in the TCM morning opening sequence that our new friend here is tryin' to find the answer to?

(...'cause now this thing has got ME itchin' to find out what it is TOO!)

Wow, who is this individual since I've been here for eons and had no idea that this was an ironclad rule.

What's the punishment? Being forced to watch "The Maltese Bippy" numerous times with no restroom breaks?

Try posting in this section where people are not so nasty.

Welcome!

I was the individual.   Yes, folks it was me.   Since I use the 'view new content' feature,  I saw 6 or more threads all with the same title posted in various forums.    So I opened one of the threads and replied that I knew the answer but wasn't going to supply it.   

It was a joke and of course I didn't know this individual was having personal issues. 

Yea,  knowing what I know now,  I regret making this joke.     Let me know when I can return from the cornfield.

I have occassionally posted the same question/comment in more than one thread.  Reason being is that some people who may have an answer or value the information may not read the "appropriate" thread.  For example, SciFi, or Film Noir or Information, Please, whereas they probably will read General Discussions and much more frequently.

So, post where you please and if it gets moved, so be it.  Just don't post political stuff except in Off Topic.

• Like 1

I was the individual.   Yes, folks it was me.   Since I use the 'view new content' feature,  I saw 6 or more threads all with the same title posted in various forums.    So I opened one of the threads and replied that I knew the answer but wasn't going to supply it.   

It was a joke and of course I didn't know this individual was having personal issues. 

Yea,  knowing what I know now,  I regret making this joke.     Let me know when I can return from the cornfield.

Well, I did think that did not sound at all like you and there might have been some misunderstanding, so please return from the cornfield, James.

I was doing what TheCid said. I was posting in several forums in case everyone didn't read every different forum. Looking for all help that was our there. I wasn't looking to annoy people. What purpose would that serve? Especially when you're desperate for help?!

Regardless of whether you knew I was having personal reasons that I needed to find this information or not I do NOT see any reason for you to say this was a joke jamesjazzguitar. You were plain and simply being mean because you didn't like seeing that I had posted the same topic multiple times.

I've received messages saying this is just your style.

I was new. You could have given me some pointers rather than say the things you did since they weren't helpful in any way whatsoever. And since you are apparently not an administrator.

• Like 2

JJS--

I answer a lot of music questions on the Games Thread, particularly about music for tap dancing. So, yesterday I listened to your music and I couldn't place it. I don't think it's from a well-known movie or Broadway show. Perhaps, maybe you should contact the company directly for that information.

But best of luck and I just wanted you to know I did try.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings