Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fluff

CaveGirl

Now just to clarify for the likes of our most effervescent DownGoesFrazier, this is about "fluff" and not "fluffers" in terms of movie fare.

For me, one of the greatest purveyors of frothy fluff on screen was the great Lubitsch. For a film to be true fluff, it should have no redeeming values except that of light entertainment and I shall pick his film "That Uncertain Feeling" as simply that.

This movie is a laugh a second for those with sophisticated taste, and who like Melvin Douglas, Burgess Meredith and Merle Oberon spouting off with witticisms continually.

Doris Day and Rock made quite a few fun flicks with fluff, froth and frivolities but so did others. Name any that are your faves so we can laugh a little while Rome is burning possibly.

• Like 1

"Cluny Brown" (1946)--Lubitsch film with Jennifer Jones as a girl who's a plumber in 1918 London, and that's Not socially acceptable;  Jones & costar Charles Boyer are very funny.

"Love Me Tonight" (1932)--The only film I can stand Maurice Chevalier in.  Starring a Pre-Code Jeanette MacDonald, Myrna Loy (every one of her lines is a sarcastic remark or a Pre-Code joke), and one of Rodgers and Hart's best scores.

"The Thin Man" (1934)--William Powell+Myrna Loy+Asta+a Snappy Script= a comic delight.

"Some Like it Hot" (1959)--Very funny Billy Wilder film.

"Singin' In The Rain" (1952)--One of the best musicals ever made--Jean Hagen is Very funny.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings