Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Architecture in Film: What can we learn?

This month TCM is highlighting one of my loves (besides classic films): Architecture.

What can we learn from this series?

Why/How does is it a fitting tribute for TCM to air?

Who were/are some of the production designers and art directors influenced by architecture?

It think it's odd that William Cameron Menzies-one of the best art directors/production designers-is not even represented...in the Architecture In Film tribute. ("Foreign Correspondent" is on this month, but not part of this series.)

It is Halloween month...I'd love to see "Invaders From Mars" and "The Maze"(which he also directed.)

I get it now...films featuring architects.

I had forgotten what an amazing cast "The Towering Inferno" had!

For anyone interested in films featuring architects-I recommend Susan Seidelman's '01 "screwball comedy-" "Gaudi Afternoon." Not only does it have a terrific cast-Judy Davis, Marcia Gay Harden, Lilli Taylor and Juliette Lewis, but it also prominently showcases the Barcelona architecture of Antoni Gaudi...plus Dean Martin's "Sway (Quien Sera)" playing over...and over.