Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
GarboManiac

Gallery of Stars!

Thank you MissGoddess for posting the photos of Ralph Meeker, William Lundigan and Dirk Bogarde.

I find Ralph Meeker to be very handsome - I don't think he is very well known though.

Meeker is someone I've grown to like. When I first noticed him in KISS ME DEADLY, I was a bit put off but now I can appreciate the humor under it all. He usually got stuck playing bad guys but he was always believable. Actually, one of his finest screen moments is in television, in the memorable first episode of Alfred Hitchcock Presents. He went on to do more with the master on his show, but this first one was a nice change of pace for him.

Miss G

I thought Adrien Brody was great in The Pianist, but I had to laugh out loud when a character in Hollywoodland off-handedly compared his character's demeanor to Ralph Meeker's. Er... not quite!

Adrian Brody might remind me of many people but Ralph Meeker certainly isn't one of them!!

I saw an episode of "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" with Ralph Meeker and it was very good - I don't know how many of them he did - but the one I saw was suspenseful.

Actually, I thought Ralph Meeker's voice sounded exactly like Vic Morrow. I watched an episode of "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" with Vic Morrow and right after that, I watched the episode with Ralph Meeker and thought I was looking at the same person. They sound alike and bear a striking resemblence. Don't know if anyone else noticed that.

Adrian Brody bears no resemblence to Ralph Meeker - That's like comparing Jimmy Durante to Paul Newman - LOL

In any case, I found it quite interesting that Ralph Meeker played the part of Stanley Kowalski on Broadway after Marlon Brando was finished playing the part.

Ralph Meeker looks like, and I borrow this phrase used many times, a 'poor man's' Fredric March.

But Adrien Brody? Ick. No way. Adrien Brody and Robert Benigni, maybe.

Nice pictures of Orson! I tried to find good ones of him but it was tough---these are two of the best. I just love him.

Very handsome photos of Orson Welles. It's ashame that he got so heavy later on in life. Marlon Brando was also very handsome in his younger days. Wish these men would have taken care of themselves better.

I thought one of the photos was of "Tim Conway" - the comediane on Carol Burnett show - I had to look closer to see it was "Tom Conway"...LOL