Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
GarboManiac

Gallery of Stars!

I like both Conte and Egan---Egan had a quiet strength on screen and Conte could play both good guy and bad guy, you weren't sure which at first.

Wow!

Believe it or not, I've never seen that photo of Errol Flynn before, I don't believe. And I own a pretty decent collection of Flynn photos!

Thanks for posting this - it was great to see a new (to me) one!!!!

Nice photo from, I suppose, MIDNIGHT? One of my favorite screwball comedies. And I always like to see John Payne...such a handsome guy. I like the Duke's pix, too---he was gorgeous.

I have seen it on TCM several months ago...but they need to air it again. Too bad it's not on dvd, it's such a classic.

I love John Payne's little aside 'or did I?' at the end of Miracle On 34th Street ... just perfect! He was verrry handsome.

MissGoddess, what do you think of Warren William and Basil Rathbone? I'm wondering if I go to 'type'... I dislike Duke and Coop and Gable's looks quite a bit.

dolores

Hi Dolores---I do like Warren William and Basil Rathbone, but more so as actors than as men who make my "heart go pitterpat". I probably have "types" I prefer, too, such as very masculine/macho types, warm, kind and courtly but not too soft. Still, there's very few men from the golden era that I do not like.....that's a short list indeed. Today, however, I can't think of anyone except Russell Crowe, and he needs to learn how to dress and shave. :)

They were all so unique, back then.

Can you post of photo of Buster Crabbe. I thought he was terrific looking.

Some other actors that might not have been mentioned - Simon Oakland, Charles Bronson, Vic Morrow, Steve McQueen, Richard Kiley. Can you post photos of these actors as well? Thanks.

For Mythoughts, Buster Crabbe (that name always suggested an old man type to me!):

buster-crabbe-2.jpg

Who's the lady Errol is comically leering at? She looks a little like Joan Blondell...