Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Gallery of Stars!

GarboManiac

Ayers - thanks for posting those photos. I'm trying to think of Fred Astaire playing the part of Stanley Kowalski from Streetcar Named Desire and it gave me a chuckle.....how about Fred Astaire playing Terry Malloy in On the Waterfront?

I like Fred Astaire though - think he was the best dancer - but Brando was my favorite actor - and what a handsome guy in his younger days!!!!!!!

Hi Metsfan....glad I gave you a laugh!

Ayers - I didn't think Marlon Brando's singing voice was too good in Guys and Dolls, but didn't he look great??? I read where they had to piece together different parts of his singing to make it sound like a song - I liked the "If I was a Bell" song with Jean Simmons and Marlon Brando - he was stunning to look at.

Sabu_s.jpg

"This photograph shows "Sabu" the Indian film star at the Sports Stadium Brighton in 1938. The dapper gentleman with him is the general manager John Caruana.

The fourteen year old star was a regular visitor to the rink whilst filming in England and told Mr Caruana he was "mad about speed". Later that day arrangements were made for him to race a local speed skating lad called Don Vivash three times around the rink. Unfortunately the outcome is unknown, although it's unlikely that preference was given to "Sabu" who was a very competent and competitive skater."

Great find, metsfan!

I just love Sabu - he was so "real" on screen. He was taken to England after his success in "Elephant Boy" when he was still a child, to be groomed as a movie star. He went to a proper English public (i.e., private) school, and was a very successful and competitive sportsman at school. He played cricket and polo as well. It's not at all surprising, if you've ever seen "Elephant Boy" and saw how such a little boy handled a huge elephant which such ease and aplomb. Sabu's early death was a tragic loss. By all accounts he was a very good man.

Archived