Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
GarboManiac

Gallery of Stars!

I think that Rutledge is a great film. but then there is not much of John Ford's work that I don't at least consider very good. Rutledge tackles racism head on.

Hi Metsfan,

Great photos you are providing as is everyone else.

That lovely photo of Glenda Farrell is tops!!

But the picture of "Sergeant Rutledge" is not Juano Hernandez is not him; it's Woody Stode. He played the Sergeant.

It's a very good movie and features Billie Burke's final performance. She nearly steals the movie.....

Larry

Oops, thanks for correcting me Larry. The movie sounds great, I'll have to watch it some day. Glad you guys liked the photos!

I wanted to share this one because it is just loaded with talent and beauty. Left to Right: Barbara Stanwyck, Gary Cooper, Errol Flynn, Lily Damita (Mrs. Errol), Sandra Shaw (Mrs. Gary) and Robert TaylorU461528ACME.jpg?size=67&uid={9b3dbd03-59f0-4633-aab1-08e7941140c3}

It worked!

But I have no idea who it is....Charles Boyer, maybe?

Message was edited by:

MissGoddess

Hi,

I just thought of a star, who is now forgotten but was a fine actress and a lovely person:

Viveca Lindfors....

She starred in "The Adventures of Don Juan" with Errol Flynn and was featured as 'Claudia' in "The King of Kings".

Larry

Hi Metsfan,

Yes, that looks like a very young Viveca.

She was brought to Hollywood from Sweden as a threat to Ingrid Bergman and a sort of quasi Greta Garbo.

But, she always thought that they should have promoted Marta Toren as that. Viveca proved rather uncooperative trying to be someone else.

Larry