Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

what hollywood needs

NipkowDisc

hollywood needs to break free of this inane millennial-catering cgi disaster slash romantic comedy rut they have gotten themselves into.

hordes and hordes of older generational baby boomers are abandoning them faster than a bleepload of plague-infested rats exiting the dead ship in murneau's nosferatu. :lol:

I would suggest a grandiose remake of The Towering Inferno.  gotta story for it right off the top of my point too. in the wake of a terrorist shootout a fire is ignited on an upper floor from stray gunfire. it soon spreads. they can't get to it because of the murderous berserker who refuses to stop popping off at the firefighters and the assembled. the berserker ultimately decides to fry his way to paradise.
soon follows interpersonal relationships and spectacular cgi.

for chief o'halloran mel gibson.

for doug roberts maybe kevin costner.

for jim duncan how about tom selleck.

for roger simmons or dan bigelow woody harrelson.

and for lisolette a slimmed down rosie o'donnell.

hordes and hordes of older generational baby boomers are abandoning them faster than a bleepload of plague-infested rats exiting the dead ship in murneau's nosferatu. :lol:

They have already lost that generation. Nothing, not even showings of classic films will bring them back.

But, why bother with Hollywood when television has never been better. Between Amazon, Netflix and the rest, there have never been more great dramas on than now.

You sound like that guy waiting for a taxi while everyone is riding Uber. You have to catch up with the times.

• Like 1

They have already lost that generation. Nothing, not even showings of classic films will bring them back.

But, why bother with Hollywood when television has never been better. Between Amazon, Netflix and the rest, there have never been more great dramas on than now.

You sound like that guy waiting for a taxi while everyone is riding Uber. You have to catch up with the times.

only millennials would throw so much of their money away on subscription services like netflix and hulu plus. :lol:

of course I wasn't being serious about a towering inferno remake.

there are no more irwin allens and John Guillermins in hollywood anymore.

just millennial age cgi effects geeks. :lol:

who were either weaned on transformers or captain planet. :lol:

who were either weaned on transformers or captain planet. :lol:

so, this is how hollywood dies.

bereft of once great a-1 guys like irwin allen, ivan tors and george pal.

all the great giants are gone and left only are the sub-par dregs.

helluva shame. :(

Hollywood needs to  make more movies from novels and fewer movies from comic books.

Add old TV shows and cartoons.

I also lament.....

I can recall when animated features were RARE TREATS, and NOT the norm. 

Sepiatone

Someone with an imagination so reboots everlasting can stop. (or at least slow down)

Cease making zombie movies..ENOUGH ALREADY!!!

An end to films that are plain stupid.

2TOPBYXm.jpg

stupid movies made for stupid millennials by stupid millennial-aged 'filmmakers.' :angry:

Hollywood needs to  make more movies from novels and fewer movies from comic books.

Those novels ( like Game of Thrones ) are being made into series on the small screen. Longer , more in depth and cheaper overall than  going to a movie.

hollywood needs to break free of this inane millennial-catering cgi disaster slash romantic comedy rut they have gotten themselves into.

I would suggest a grandiose remake of The Towering Inferno.  gotta story for it right off the top of my point too. in the wake of a terrorist shootout a fire is ignited on an upper floor from stray gunfire. it soon spreads. they can't get to it because of the murderous berserker who refuses to stop popping off at the firefighters and the assembled. the berserker ultimately decides to fry his way to paradise.

soon follows interpersonal relationships and spectacular cgi.

for chief o'halloran mel gibson.

for doug roberts maybe kevin costner.

for jim duncan how about tom selleck.

for roger simmons or dan bigelow woody harrelson.

and for lisolette a slimmed down rosie o'donnell.

Personally what I think Hollywood needs is you, Nip.

Your idea is good, but I want to do some recasting.

for chief o'halloran Cloris Leachman

for doug roberts maybe Ted Danson

for jim duncan how about Martin Sheen

for roger simmons or dan bigelow Crispin Glover

and for lisolette how about Kirstie Alley

You do know that it's not about us boomers anymore. If the films they make today make money, then why shouldn't studios continue making them.

Remake Towering Inferno? It would probably tank just like the remake of The Poseiden Adventure.

Real life beat them to the punch.  The Dubai Hotel fire on December 31, 2015.  It didn't stop their New Years fireworks display, Celebrated it as hotel burns! :o

1(3262).jpg

st_Emirates_Skyscrapper_Fire.JPG.jpg

151231152231-dubai-uae-hotel-fire-firewo

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings