Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Double Door

shutoo

It's more than a little bizarre, all right.  I was at that Cinevent screening, the last one at their old location before moving to downtown Columbus. 

As it was adapted from a Broadway play, it remained very stagey and claustrophobic, which suits the material.  Both Mary Morris (in her first and only screen role) and Anne Revere were in the Broadway cast.  Morris was only 39 when portraying the 60+ year old head of the family.  She made a strong and chilling impression.

According to the Cinevent program, there was "a significant modification" to the ending, which of course, it didn't disclose.  The film version was pretty shocking, that's all I'll say.

BTW, you don't mention where in OH you're located, MovieCollector, but if you haven't ever been to Cinevent you are missing out on some rare treats.  Besides the movies, there are lots of vendors selling memorabilia including lobby cards, stills, magazines, books, posters and more.  I used to go almost every year when I lived in nearby Fairborn, and returned for several years after moving away.  This year's event was earlier this month, a change from the usual Memorial Day weekend.  It's the only major vintage film festival in the area, now that Cinesation (formerly held in Frankenmuth, MI, later in Massillon, OH) is sadly no more.

Hi BelleLeGrand1.  Looks like I missed it this year by a few weeks.  I have read about this and at least a couple other film fests East of me (NY and PA).  It would be a weekend trip for me any way you cut it, but I do try to keep my eyes open on which movies are where.  Every now and then there is a screening of some film I cannot find to exist in any good condition.  No evidence whatsoever.  Then all of the sudden out of nowhere it pops up in pristine "35mm format" at some film fest across the country.  It sounds like you probably know the drill.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings