Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hedy Lamarr on TCM!!!!!!

• 2 months later...

A Lady Without Passport (1950) will on today at 6 p.m. eastern. This film was her 'last for Leo.' Land your arse in front of your television at that time and tune in!

Her Highness and the Bellboy will be on today at noon o'clock high. It's one of her weakest films but is still worth watching, damnit! If ya knew what was best for ya you'd tune in!

• 2 weeks later...

Aight, ya'll'd best roll yer **** outta da sack at 6 a.m. Eastern this morn' ta watch Lady of the Tropics.

Some neat costumes, some lovely scenery. I find this film refreshing. It didn't rake in a helluva lotta dough when it was released, but oh well.

If you haven't yet seen this one, you'll soon be showering me with gratitude. "Oh, thank you Antar for recommending this wonderful movie to me," and stuff like that.

Enjoy!

Reminder: I Take This Woman will be on tomorrow morning 10/25 at 6 a.m. EST.

I like this movie. For a flop, it isn't bad. Isn't just awful how Spencer Tracy has to knock Hedy out just to save her from herself? I like it later on when they're eating, even if not for very long. Watching a beautiful woman eat is fascinating. Call it a fetish. Of course, she does a lot more eating in Samson and Delilah, but that's okay. Doesn't she look great wearing the medical garb? She looked great no matter what she was wearing (or wasn't wearing).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Her Highness and the Bellboy will be on this morning at 10 a.m. EST. This was Hedy's least favorite of her films, a source of embarrassment, in fact. It's really not that[/b] bad. I like the one part with June Allyson with that really tall staircase during her dream sequence, kinda "eerie beautiful". Her role was far more dynamic than Hedy's. Too bad. This was Hedy's second to last film for MGM, she was working to separate herself from them at this point.

I watched it today antar. Such a cute movie! I loved Albert (played by Rags Ragland). He was such a clot...cracked me up!! Oh, and I forgot the movie had the song "I'm In Love With You Honey" in it! That was my favorite song my mom used to sing to me when I was a little girl. And of course Hedy looked fabulous ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, wow! I was just about to shut off my TV when I was treated to a pleasant little surprise on TCM; at about 2:15 a.m. Eastern, between Dinner at Eight and George Washington Slept Here, they showed the trailer for Come Live With Me which they'll be playing on Tuesday! It's such a wonderful movie. While Hedy always looked amazing, she looked particularly so in this one!

Hay Antar, ole buddy ole pal.. I love these head's-up on the Hedy Lamarr movies, but just an eencie suggestion, if it's no bother. Could you give us 24 hours notice? So many I've missed by being as little as 90 minutes late, and I don't read the schedule daily. or even know all her titles.

just a thought.

A quick search of the schedule yielded only these two:

Heavenly Body, The / 1943

CAST: William Powell, Hedy Lamarr, James Craig.

An astronomer's neglected wife takes up astrology and a handsome astrologer. BW 95m. CC

Comedy. D: Alexander Hall.

PLAYING ON TCM: 12/15/2003 06:00 PM

Come Live With Me / 1941

CAST: James Stewart, Hedy Lamarr, Ian Hunter.

A Viennese refugee weds a struggling author platonically so she can stay in the U.S. BW 87m. CC

Romance. D: Clarence Brown.

PLAYING ON TCM: 12/16/2003 08:00 PM

Perhaps antar can tell us if either is worth watching; -)

Maltin's guide give two stars to the first, three stars to the latter.

Hello to both of you! Firstly I address you, Stl; yes, I'll give at least 24 hours notice of upcoming Hedy flix from now on. And you, Path; yes, both movies are worth watching. I know I sound redundant when I say this, but she looks particularly stunning in those two! Come Live With (which I once used in "21 Questions") has the stronger plot of the two movies you listed as being scheduled, but both are pleasant viewing. I would recommend them both!