Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hedy Lamarr on TCM!!!!!!

I just saw the trailer for COME LIVE WITH ME and Hedy Lamaar does look wonderful in it. Yesterday I was watching parts of SHADOW OF THE THIN MAN which was made in 1941. Myrna Loy looked beautiful. She also looked more attractive in THIRD FINGER, LEFT HAND (1940) & LOVE CRAZY (1941). I think just about every female star of that era looked their best in the early 1940s. Irene Dunne, Katharine Hepburn, Garbo, they all look great in the early 1940s.

Ooops! I should've posted this earlier--The Heavenly Body will be on today at 6 PM Eastern. It's worth watchin'...really. As far as the story, it's nothing brilliant, just fairly mindless and enjoyable. In this movie, Hedy was sort of working on a new, more earthy image for herself after "shattering" her earlier "cold marble" one with films such as Tortilla Flat and White Cargo. She proved she was equally adept at being warm and charming as she was with being mysterious and frigid on film. I guess there's really no need for me to point out that she looks fabulous in this one, but she does, especially in the nightie! WOW!!!!!!

Thanks for bringing that to our attention, Coffedan! I didn't know it was there. It is a very nice picture, but I still say she looks better in the movie!

While ya'll are watchin' Come Live With Me less than a couple hours from now, be on the lookout for a subtle Hedy-ism that I love--the lifting of her right eyebrow! She would, from time to time in her movies, lift her right eyebrow just slightly and usually not for long; sometimes just a quick little twitch. Other people may lift an eyebrow, but no one does it like Hedy! She does it at least twice in this movie that I can think of; near the beginning when she's told an immigration officer has come to pay her a visit, and near the end, during her and Jimmy's amusing "firefly" discussion. Also, note the expression on Hedy's face after taking a sip of apple cider in that restaurant/bar place; what a smile!

• 1 month later...

Finally had a chance to watch my tape from last month of Come Live With Me. I must have laughed out loud two or three times (which is unusual, at least for me;- ) ... meaning it was pretty funny. Thanks for the recommendation. Also, the only other Hedy film I've seen so far is Tortilla Flat, though I do have Boom Toom taped. I'm sure, given his reputation, that Spencer Tracy loved, er, working with her;- ) Obviously, she was very beautiful ... especially in Come Live With Me. Thanks again for the recommendation, even if you are a little bias antar;- )

• 1 month later...

I Take This Woman will be on tomorrow at 4pm Eastern.

It's been a while since I needed to update this thread. If ya ask me, back a coupla days ago when they were playing a buncha George Brent movies for his birthday, they should've thrown in Experiment Perilous (just as an excuse to show Hedy). It's a good movie, anyway! *[sigh]* Oh well.

...A Guest

• 4 weeks later...