Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hedy Lamarr on TCM!!!!!!

Author Patrick Agan who is a friend of mine is working on a MAJOR biography of Hedy Lamarr and hopefully it will be published soon.

Patrick is the author of many books, my favorite of which is THE DECLINE AND FALL OF THE LOVE GODDESSES.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The one Lamarr film I would like to see is THE FEMALE ANIMAL with Jane Powell as her daughter. This one, released in the 1950s is supposed to be offbeat. Universal released this one, but the film seems to have vanished!

The Female Animal is great! At least I think so. It took me a while to find it, but last year I kinda, sorta eBayed a, slightly illegal, copy of it. It'd been taped from television. No shame, I wanted to see it, damn it!

• 3 weeks later...

A Lady Without Passport will be on this morning at 6 am Eastern...in less than an hour! To anyone who might care, sorry for the short notice.

• 1 month later...

1.) Ecstasy (Mein Extase) is never shown on TCM, so there's little reason to mention it.

2.) If you'd bothered to look, you would've found that Ecstasy actually is mentioned in this thread.

3.) Ecstasy was not her "first." She was in prior films.

H.M. Pulham, Esq. July 27/(28), 3 a.m.

Should I, perhaps, move this thread to Your Favorites (where it might be less annoying to those who don't care for it)?

THE FEMALE ANIMAL is a strange movie with lots of scenes shot around the Universal-International lot, including that famous waterfall used in KATHY-O and other movies.

Patrick Agan is on his way to NYC this week for meetings with the publisher re: his Hedy bio! Hopefully he'll have good news for us!

I really like Hedy in DISHONORED LADY...did I say that in this thread already? LOL....but she is terrific!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank you much for the heads up, Coffeedan! This is quite a surprise! I took a peek at the schedule and it's listed as being 87 minutes long, which means this version isn't going to be as cut down as many out there are.

TCM going downhill? I think not...

Boom Town, Aug 26, 7:30 am

With the next movie, this thread will be restarted in the "Your Favorites" forum (seems like a more appropriate place)

• 3 years later...