Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anton Yelchin (1989-2016)

jakeem

Actor Anton Yelchin, who played Ensign Pavel Chekov in the rebooted "Star Trek" movies since 2009, has died at the age of 27. According to his publicist, he was killed Sunday morning as the result of a freak auto mishap in the Los Angeles area.

"Star Trek Beyond," the third film featuring Yelchin as the Russian navigator of the USS Enterprise, is scheduled to be released on July 22, 2016. He also appeared in "Star Trek" (2009) and "Star Trek Into Darkness" (2013).

Yelchin emigrated as an infant to the United States with his parents, who were accomplished figure skaters in the former Soviet Union. After becoming a child actor, he made a noteworthy splash at age 12 opposite Sir Anthony Hopkins in the 2001 drama "Hearts in Atlantis." The film was based on a 1999 story by author Stephen King.

The actor's other credits included "Along Came a Spider" (2001), "Alpha Dog" (2006), "Charlie Bartlett" (2007), "New York, I Love You" (2009), "Terminator Salvation" (2009), "Like Crazy" (2011) and "Fright Night" (2011). He also provided the voice of Clumsy for the popular series of animated films about The Smurfs.

In addition to "Star Trek Beyond," he filmed a handful of other movies yet to be released.

pc.jpg?w=446&h=299&crop=1

Yelchin was Chekov in the rebooted "Star Trek" series

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2016/06/19/star-trek-star-anton-yelchin-dies-27/86114886/

• Like 2

I only saw ONE of the STAR TREK reboots he was in and really paid him no mind.  I also never saw any of the other films he was in.

Doesn't make the whole thing any LESS tragic though.  I feel bad for his family and other loved ones having to deal with the misfortune of what happened and his being so young.

CFA is is in for a REALLY hard time over this, and rightly so.  There was another guy who claimed a similar thing happened to him, but not as tragic(since HE was still alive) but that guy got pinned against the wall of his garage.

I drive an old( '05) Chevy Equinox that won't unlock the doors unless it's fully in Park, and doing so isn't so difficult.   I can't understand the driving force that makes some people insist on "fixing" things that AREN'T broken. I can tolerate a bit the occcaisional incident of technology screwing up our lives.  But when it starts TAKING lives, it's another thing altogether. 

Sepiatone

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings