Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Host TCM

Janet0312

I vote for John Karlen for host. His fave film is Treasure of Sierra Madre. His fave star is Chester Morris, whom he worked with on the NY stage.

When you guys are seeking a host, a familiar host, for crying out loud, find a fan of old movies.

• Like 1

I vote for John Karlen for host. His fave film is Treasure of Sierra Madre. His fave star is Chester Morris, whom he worked with on the NY stage.

When you guys are seeking a host, a familiar host, for crying out loud, find a fan of old movies.

I think they should give any potential hosts a trivia test about movies that have been shown at TCM.

It could be made up from questions submitted by the posters here.

I mean, if the Peanut Gallery know the answers, then so should the hosts who are supposed to be imparting knowledge to the kiddies, doncha think?

Why have the blind lead the seeing?

So yes, I second your vote, Janet!

Another thing needed for a TCM host would be someone who seems to actually enjoy what he or she is doing, not someone who acts bored with the whole thing,.  We want someone who loves movies as much as we do.

That sounds like a legitimate concern to me.  Are we tuning in to watch the presenter, or to watch the movies?

• Like 2

That sounds like a legitimate concern to me.  Are we tuning in to watch the presenter, or to watch the movies?

I just want to watch the film.

A good film is like a good meal. I don't need the waiter to tell me how delicious the first bite is gonna be.

I just want to savour it myself, and the sooner the better!

Well, lately it's been primarily for the presenter.

THIS one in particular...

showbiz-madeleine-stowe.jpg

(...do ya blame ME?!!!)

;)

Well, lately it's been primarily for the presenter.

THIS one in particular...

showbiz-madeleine-stowe.jpg

(...do ya blame ME?!!!)

;)

I bet you'd watch "Love Story" all the way through to the tortuous ending, if Madeleine was doing the intro and exit discussions, Dargo!

Don't you just wonder if she is reading these message board posts?

She truly is a lovely woman, and intelligent to boot.

There's something there for you to riff off of you can find it.

P. S. Dargo, I just talked to Madeleine. She finds you very interesting. Says she will meet you at the corner of Lonely Street off La Cienega. She'll be wearing a pink trenchcoat and gloves, and wants you to wear a black rose in your lapel. She says "Bring lots of moola, as she enjoys a good time which can cost money in El Lay."

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings