Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Greatest Lon Chaney Movies

Alright, I'll admit it. I have only seen a couple hand-fulls of Chaney films. Basically, only the ones that I caught on TCM, and those that I've found at the local Borders. In total, I've probably seen about 12-13 films featuring the man who I believe to be the greatest actor ever. So, regardless of whether or not anyone agrees with me, I'd still like to know which Lon Chaney films do you consider to be his greatest? Based on what I've seen (I've yet to see either version of The Unholy Three), here are my favorites...

1. The Unknown

2. The Hunchback of Notre Dame

3. West of Zanzibar

4. Tell It To The Marines

4. The Phantom of the Opera

5. HE Who Gets Slapped

6. Outside The Law

7. Laugh, Clown, Laugh!

9. Oliver Twist

10. The Monster

...In truth, I believe that's all the Chaney movies I've seen.

• 2 weeks later...

Wowo I'm so envious that you have seen Oliver Twist with Lon Chaney and Jackie Coogan. It's one that I have wanted to see for a long time. As far as my favorites of Chaney??? I would have to put all the ones I've seen. I have never been let down by one of his films. But here they are....

The Unholy Three - silent

The Penalty

The Unknown

The Hunchback Of Notre Dame

The Phantom Of The Opera

If I had to pick one out to stand higher then the other I don't think I could pick between The Unholy Three and The Penalty. They are both amazing production.