Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Who was "snubbed" for the annual AFI Award the most?

spence

(*-Indicates Academy (AMPAS) Award winner)

Given *John Williams-(l932-) deservedly became AFI's-(American Film Institute's)-(est: 1967-) 44th recipient recently & as most are aware he marks the first film composer to be given such an honor. Please cite your own candidate's for past, or current film artists, that deserved this award the most & were literally "snubbed" by AFI & though they started in 1973 w/*John "The Master" Ford-(l894-l973) it was established in '67.-(NOTE: on a personal note, that was the same yr my own favorite actor & #1 idol *"The Great: Spencer Tracy"-(l900-l967) passed away, though knowing him, he wouldn't have attended anyway, especially in his later yrs.

That is the main rule as well, each recipient-(unlike *Oscar) must personally accept this award.

Hence no: *Katharine Hepburn-(l907-2003), Greta Garbo-(l905-90), *Marlon Brando-(l924-2004)

Here's my short list of who deserved it:

1. *Charles (Spencer) Chaplin-(l889-l977)

2. *John Wayne (l9807-79)

3. Cary Grant (l904-86)

4. *Ingrid Bergman (l9l5-82)

& 5th biggest "snub" Bob Hope (l903-2003)

(P.S. I'd include my runner-up idol *"The Chairman of the Board: Francis (Albert) Sinatra-(l9l5-98) however, despite (58) pictures, he's still slightly more of a music legend)

THANK YOU & PLEASE GIVE IN YOUR 2 CENTS

(Honorable mention(s) *Ginger Rogers-(l9ll-95) & Robert Mitchum-(l9l7-97)

& to AFI-(like they would really be checking-in right now) please give it to Jerry Lewis-(l926-) before it's too late!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings